Not about jewelry but--I am mad!!

JewelryQueen

Not about jewelry but--I am mad!!

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Walt, my friend of 30+ years is dead. He is, or should I say was, 99 yrs young. He went into the hospital with a fever from an infection. He got up around midnight to go to the bathroom. He had a urinal but you don't get to be that age without being independent. He falls and breaks his arm, his clavicle and gets a concussion or head trauma of some sort. He lays there until almost 6 AM at which time he dies. How can this happen????? The last time I was in the hospital they woke me up at 2 AM to give me something to go to sleep! Just the thought of him lying there in agony makes me furious. So much for his 100th party we had already started planning. RIP Walt.
2 x

Ginger

Re: Not about jewelry but--I am mad!!

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend, it sounds like the nurses on duty were not paying attention and are at fault. My aunt passed away in February last year and they didn’t know she had passed in the night, her partner came in and found her like that. No one can say what happened and she was in her bed. I’m sorry and will keep you in my prayers, but someone should be questioning that hospital ASAP. 🕊🥺
6 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

I’m so sorry Jewelry Queen. A local hospital killed my 85 year young dad 2 months ago. He was a young soul but died from incorrect procedures. There is nothing we can do about it because if his age and underlying conditions. So I know well the feeling of angered grief. I hope you will find solace in cherished memories of him and not let the anger towards the incompetent hospital care overshadow the special memories.
7 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

TotheMoon, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. This is so heartbreaking the things these hospitals are doing nowadays and getting away with it. Again, please except my condolences on such a tragic loss.🕊
8 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss
6 x

Tothemoon

Thank you Ginger. As angry as I am about it I am grateful that he no longer has to worry about how he was going to die since they did it for him. Too many trainee doctors and not enough accountability at many hospitals. But this post is about Jewelry Queen and I truly hope she is comforted with knowing her dear friend is in a better place instead of being filled with anger.
Last edited by Tothemoon 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Im so sorry JewelryQueen. That is unreal. We have a similar story with my mother in law and a nursing home. It didnt involve a fall but no one bothered to check why she wasnt getting out of bed. She ended up dying. Long story. No excuses for any of the stories above.
7 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Walt, my friend of 30+ years is dead. He is, or should I say was, 99 yrs young. He went into the hospital with a fever from an infection. He got up around midnight to go to the bathroom. He had a urinal but you don't get to be that age without being independent. He falls and breaks his arm, his clavicle and gets a concussion or head trauma of some sort. He lays there until almost 6 AM at which time he dies. How can this happen????? The last time I was in the hospital they woke me up at 2 AM to give me something to go to sleep! Just the thought of him lying there in agony makes me furious. So much for his 100th party we had already started planning. RIP Walt.
Hospitals are deadly. The staffs have watched too
many episodes of Greys Anatomy and think it’s a
game instead of a job. No one oversees the patient. Staff does the bare minimum and then they go back
to the nurses desk and mess around cracking jokes. If
you use your call button the staff is put out because
you interrupted their day. I’m so sorry for Walt. RIP
9 x

Tothemoon

Spooky - you nailed it!
4 x

Tothemoon