London blue bracelet—close pin latch—-help!

Dragonfly

London blue bracelet—close pin latch—-help!

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

I just bought a beautiful London Blue bracelet with a designer clasp—- the close pin like latch closes over a circle . Both sides of the clasp have little stones on them. I can’t get the close pin to open wide enough to go over the circle —- is there a trick to it? I don’t want to scrape the little stones forcing it. The way I lose jewelry I could use a tight clasp—- but I can’t even get this to open so I can wear it . Has anyone had this kind of clasp!
1 x

Blossom

Re: London blue bracelet—close pin latch—-help!

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
I just bought a beautiful London Blue bracelet with a designer clasp—- the close pin like latch closes over a circle . Both sides of the clasp have little stones on them. I can’t get the close pin to open wide enough to go over the circle —- is there a trick to it? I don’t want to scrape the little stones forcing it. The way I lose jewelry I could use a tight clasp—- but I can’t even get this to open so I can wear it . Has anyone had this kind of clasp!
Dragonfly, I saw Jessica struggling with a bracelet clasp on air just like that! I don't remember if it was London Blue but they removed camera until she had successfully gotten it clasped.

Good luck with yours.
3 x

Dragonfly

Haha—- if Jessica can’t do it I am really stuck!
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
Haha—- if Jessica can’t do it I am really stuck!
If it doesn't work properly, I'd return as defective (if it were me).
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Dragonfly

I had one like that. The latch was over-curved so it would not fit over the other other side. If you have small needle nose type pliers and piece of fine cloth to protect the latch you can try VERY GENTLY straightening it out a TINY bit. If you dare! It worked for me but then I do a lot of jewelry repairs. If it doesn't work you never heard it from me LOL
6 x

Dragonfly

Thanks— I was thinking my husband might be able to do it— I have jewelry tools. I was hoping I just wasn’t seeing something to release.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Did you buy the tennis bracelet here? If so, look at the picture up close. It looks like the casting is a little glompy. I'd return it.
2 x

Dragonfly

UPDATE ON LONDON BLUE

Thanks for the help from Jewelry Queen and Blossom and Lulu. I was thinking seriously of seeing if I could just tweak the clasp and I decided that I should just grow up and wait for a replacement like Lulu said. So I called up customer service and got a lovely lady, Stephanie-- who was very sweet and helpful. I was concerned that by the time I returned the bracelet and they credited that return, the bracelet would be gone. So I suggested she send me a new one with the budget pay and document that I had a defective one and was seeking a return (I always document who I talked to and what time I talked to them blah blah blah). She was not able to just reserve me one and I remembered how a customer service rep did it with another defective bracelet I had and she was happy to do that. I was so focused on getting that bracelet that I didn't think that the price would change but SHE DID. She asked me to wait and she got authorization to give me the price I paid for it instead of what it was going for now--which is the right thing to do. I was grateful she was alerted to that and made sure the procedure was followed so I would be guaranteed my correct price. She verified everything at every step and, as a business woman, I just had to pass it along when someone does their job as they should do their job and treats the customer as the treasure they are to the company. I asked her to send me a follow-up email (again for documentation) and she said she would send me one for the new purchase and one for the refund. To be fair--this is my typical experience with ShopLC. I may get a clunker here and there, but with the amount of jewelry I purchased since 2007 I think my most common experience is one of respect and care. BTW, had to look at my receipts for something and I keep them in a box to remind me what the piece was made of etc. -- I couldn't believe how much I have spent on this stuff. Remember that scene in SEX IN THE CITY where Carrie was whining about how she couldn't buy a place for herself with no down payment? Then her friend takes her to her closet and shows her ceiling to floor collection of Carrie's designer shoes--well, I kinda felt a little sheepish when I went down memory lane with all the receipts. Guilty for a few minutes. Stuffed them back in the box and OVER IT!
Can't wait til I get my new bracelet!!! :)
5 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

@Dragonfly I'm sorry about your bracelet clasp, but I'm happy about your CS experience. I have always encountered cheerful and helpful CS reps at SLC as well. I have to answer phones and help people while I'm doing stressful computer work at my place of employment too, so I understand how difficult it can be to always remain upbeat on the phone.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Ive been with Shoplc since they began and all of my experiences with CS on the phone have been wonderful. They have always been upbeat, courteous and resolved whatever I was calling about. I am thankful for that as I know its not always an easy job.
5 x