To the mountains...

RS

To the mountains...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Going up to scope out some land for a few hours.
Have fun everyone!

Remember to tell me EVERYTHING when I get back❣️❣️❣️
7 x

Gypsy

Re: To the mountains...

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Have fun everyone!

Have fun 😊❗❗
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Have fun everyone!

Ive been watching HSN jewelry and then have to run out for awhile. They will have to catch me up too! Good luck! Cant wait to hear about your day!
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

That sounds like fun RS and you get to take in some nice scenery.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Have fun everyone!

WAIT!!! You forgot me!
4 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

If you don't mind me asking, which mountains? I live about 20 minutes to Sequoia National Park, in the foothills. Has its good and bad. Good: being so far away from noise and people. Bad: being so far away from noise and people. Can't just run down to a restaurant, or movie. Hard to get good internet without paying a lot. But the quiet usually wins. So many stars at night! But, I value everyone's privacy, so if you don't want to answer, that's fine.
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Take the screaming person with you. Thanks from all of us. 🌸
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Sam wrote:
4 years ago
If you don't mind me asking, which mountains? I live about 20 minutes to Sequoia National Park, in the foothills. Has its good and bad. Good: being so far away from noise and people. Bad: being so far away from noise and people. Can't just run down to a restaurant, or movie. Hard to get good internet without paying a lot. But the quiet usually wins. So many stars at night! But, I value everyone's privacy, so if you don't want to answer, that's fine.
Wow Sam your place sounds amazing. I’d be in the
forest every day all day. Plus if you’re far from
retail you save a lot of money. Btw Welcome to the
forum!!!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Sam wrote:
4 years ago

That’s a gorgeous area, been there many many times.

Of course I will answer. The area is east of us, about 10 minutes away from the Lassen Volcanic Nat’l Park, Lassen Forest.
The town itself is called Shingletown. We live West of there. It’s a gorgeous area.
It only takes us about 20-25 minutes to get up there. The little town is only a few minutes from any property we might get. And town (where we live) is also close by.
So having a spot for a get away is perfect. Can still go to the store, out to eat, run home if I forget something. But when you are up there you have no idea you aren’t completely away from everything.
Kind of a “Goldilocks” area.
My parents had a house up there before they passed away four years ago. We drove by it today...I have not seen it since then 🥺.

Overall it was a nice day. Beautiful drive, some snow on the ground but not a lot at all. Partly cloudy. Coming down the hill some beautiful valley views. When you are going up you have no idea how high you get until on the way down. Coming down you don’t always realize it either because of all the tall pines you only catch glimpses of the valley below. My parents house was at 4600’ elevation. But the grade on the road is so gradual it’s not like driving a horrible mountain road at all.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Sounds like you had a decent day but
I’m sorry you got a sad reminder of your
parents.
0 x