Born before the earth's crust cooled

JewelryQueen

Born before the earth's crust cooled

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Yep! That's me! I definitely had to be pulled kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I do have a laptop and a cell phone. My cell phone is smaller than a pack of cigarettes and it is for sure not "smart". It is about 15 yrs old and if it ever goes toes up I am going to be up to my behind in alligators. My printer does not work. I don't have a car as I cannot drive due to nerve damage to my feet from chemotherapy. All I need is a cute hat and a long dress and I could be Amish. So what is the point of this post you all are asking about now.

I SO ENVY YOUR EMOJIS AND AVATARS!!!! They are cute and entertaining. Thank you!
9 x

mpompadour

Re: Born before the earth's crust cooled

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

I can promise you JewelryQueen, if you were to ever get yourself an IPhone or Andriod phone, you would probably LOVE it. I stayed away from them for a while but once I got one, it opened up a whole new and exciting world to me. They are not as difficult to use as they look. It just takes a little while to get used to them. :) ;)
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen: I went years without a cell phone....just use it when I’m driving alone. I still have a land line/answering machine. My brother bought me an IPad & I asked where is the instructions book? He laughed & said there isn’t one. I was horrified, but I slowly figured it out myself. I ordered all my Christmas gifts online with no problem. There are so many things I don’t know how to do with this thing or my Smart TV. Have no one to show me. So I’m ok with what I’m doing now & don’t stress about it anymore. I was born right after the dinosaurs left. 🥰🌸
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Yep! That's me! I definitely had to be pulled kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I do have a laptop and a cell phone. My cell phone is smaller than a pack of cigarettes and it is for sure not "smart". It is about 15 yrs old and if it ever goes toes up I am going to be up to my behind in alligators. My printer does not work. I don't have a car as I cannot drive due to nerve damage to my feet from chemotherapy. All I need is a cute hat and a long dress and I could be Amish. So what is the point of this post you all are asking about now.

I SO ENVY YOUR EMOJIS AND AVATARS!!!! They are cute and entertaining. Thank you!
By far, this is the BEST post I have EVER read on this forum! :lol: :lol: :lol: Also, I didn't have a smart phone until 2015 because I was a cellphone mooch using my husbands when he came home from work. Although I did have a landline phone but I got rid of that when I got my cellphone.
3 x

Shop4joy

Post by Shop4joy » 4 years ago

Hello, JewerlyQueen!
I love your post! :lol:
The first step, is the hardest.
But, once you make it; you'll be pleasantly surprise!! :D
On a personal note, my husband held on to his flip phone almost the same amount of time.
Reading your post, reminded of him.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I am pretty much anti technology. I would live in Alaska, off grid in a shack and hunt for my food if I were in my 20's. Since Im not and I live in civilization, I do have a smartphone. You cannot ruin it or blow anything up. Its like a computer or laptop....just play around. Youll get the hang of it. If e eryone didnt rely on texts, Id probably go back to a flip phone. Lol
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I didn't get an smartphone until 2018, but I use my IPad that I have since 2012. JewelryQueen, your post is...great! About my avatar I received the help of a family member, who is excellent on computers.
2 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Hey jewelry queen, I don’t even know what avatar means 😝😝😝😝😝. 🌸
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Hey jewelry queen, I don’t even know what avatar means 😝😝😝😝😝. 🌸
The picture next to our names. People are having trouble uploading them.
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen , know just how you feel. I dont have a computer or I Pad or iPhone either. My phone doesn't even have any data. I'm contacted to internet thru my cable. I still dont know what.or where my "browser " is or how to clear it....and Avatars are probably out of the question but .....I do have emojis 😉 somedays I really hate my phone 🤨
1 x