Double charges?

Gem Lover

Double charges?

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Since when does shop lc charge double? I noticed I had double charges for the same items pending on my checking account so I called customer service and I was told one is the deposit to hold the item and the other is the actual charge and one will drop off in 5 to 7 business day, so shop lc can tie up double the amount of the purchase of my funds? Since when? I have never seen this done before, so if an item is for example $150 they charge my account twice so I have a total of $300 pending for 5 to 7 days? This is not right!!! Has anyone else noticed this? I never had this happen before now.
9 x

Gemaholic

Re: Double charges?

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Since when does shop lc charge double? I noticed I had double charges for the same items pending on my checking account so I called customer service and I was told one is the deposit to hold the item and the other is the actual charge and one will drop off in 5 to 7 business day, so shop lc can tie up double the amount of the purchase of my funds? Since when? I have never seen this done before, so if an item is for example $150 they charge my account twice so I have a total of $300 pending for 5 to 7 days? This is not right!!! Has anyone else noticed this? I never had this happen before now.
OMG now I need to check my account. This channel is just asking to go out of business.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Since when does shop lc charge double? I noticed I had double charges for the same items pending on my checking account so I called customer service and I was told one is the deposit to hold the item and the other is the actual charge and one will drop off in 5 to 7 business day, so shop lc can tie up double the amount of the purchase of my funds? Since when? I have never seen this done before, so if an item is for example $150 they charge my account twice so I have a total of $300 pending for 5 to 7 days? this is not right!!!
I have NEVER had that here. Sounds like a double charge and a mistake to me. I think you were given incorrect info. No surprise there.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

RS I told CS that they never did that before and she told me that is what they did, I am going to watch and wait to see what happens but it is not right for them to tie up peoples money like that. One charge yes but not two for the same item.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
RS I told CS that they never did that before and she told me that is what they did, I am going to watch and wait to see what happens but it is not right for them to tie up peoples money like that. One charge yes but not two for the same item.
They DON’T do that. I have a lot of charges both to debit and different credit cards. Not one has that ever happened on. Not one. I have been told things from CS before that turned out to be completely false.
4 x