10K gold

What-a-gem

10K gold

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Shop LC always says that their sterling is nickel free.
Since they are starting to have more pieces in 10K gold, I wonder if it is also nickel free.
5 x

Gem Lover

Re: 10K gold

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

If you are allergic to nickel, one of the things you can do is buy gold jewelry that is of a higher karat grade. Most people with such an allergy cannot wear 10k gold, so if you are in the same situation, you can opt for 14k or 18k gold.
3 x

What-a-gem

Ty for your help Gem Lover ❤️
I don’t have a nickel allergy, but my daughter does. We found out when she graduated from high school, and I bought her her class ring. It was 10k gold, and turned her finger green. I contacted the company that made it, and they replaced it.
But I do wish that the hosts would let us know if they are nickel free with their gold.
4 x

What-a-gem

Hi Rolltide,
Eterna Gold/Leach and Garner Gold is not new. Qvc has been selling it for about 20 Years. I probably have about 7 pieces of it. Earrings, bangle, bracelet, 2 or 3 rings. It’s very nice. LOL . It’s funny though, not as affordable as it was back then. Bummer.
2 x

What-a-gem

Oh boy, I apologize, I misread your post... sorry Rolltide :roll:
3 x

Pete

Post by Pete » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Since they are starting to have more pieces in 10K gold, I wonder if it is also nickel free.
Hello What a gem, per another post Danielle stated the following

"This is the feedback I have received from our product team.

Sterling silver should be nickel free.

White gold may contain nickel. This was previously confirmed by Merchandising. To my best knowledge, this is the only precious metal that might contain nickel (among silver, gold and platinum).

Silvertone and Goldtone jewelry are made with base metals, and customers who have metal reactions should avoid them.

Stainless steel jewelry should be safe for customers with metal reactions."

hope it helps cause last thing anyone needs is an allergic reaction.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Pete wrote:
4 years ago
What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago

White gold may contain nickel. This was previously confirmed by Merchandising. To my best knowledge, this is the only precious metal that might contain nickel (among silver, gold and platinum).

Silvertone and Goldtone jewelry are made with base metals, and customers who have metal reactions should avoid them.

Welcome to the forum Pete ! - Gypsy
4 x

Pete

Post by Pete » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Pete wrote:
4 years ago
What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago

Welcome to the forum Pete ! - Gypsy
Happy to be here Gypsy :D
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

The standard for REAL gold in America is 14k gold. 10k gold has about half of its content with other metals. Might or might not have nickel. Like our MOD said. Safest is stainless steel and sterling silver, or in most cases 14k gold and higher. I was not aware that any grade of WHITE gold might contain nickel ?? I am allergic to nickel, yet am ok with any 14k gold I own.
My friend had her 14k gold jewelry tested because her skin was turning green. She was shocked to find out that those pieces were not 14k. I guess anyone can stamp anything on the jewelry they sell.
3 x

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

Vicky— we all are wondering if you are coming on over? We are waaaaaiting! :)
2 x