Any ways to recycle, reuse the little blue boxes?

bluez

Any ways to recycle, reuse the little blue boxes?

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

Has anyone come up with a way to reuse/recycle the blue boxes the jewelry come inside?

I have offered them up in a neighborhood No Buy group. I have asked folks that sell at markets if they could use some, over the summer they took a bag... but I was disappointed they didn't want more during the holidays. I really hate to throw them away! Any suggestions?
bluez
2 x

Angelflutter

Re: Any ways to recycle, reuse the little blue boxes?

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

I take all of my boxes to a couple of our local boho shops that sell jewelry. I just bag them up and leave on their doorknob afterhours. I know they are being used because I have seen jewelry on the sales table in these little blue boxes. They will be more inclined to take these boxes if you take them to them instead of just calling them on the phone and asking them if they want them. Good luck. I know what you mean.... such a waste to throw away and it's amazing how quickly you can fill a Wal - Mart bag with blue boxes.
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

If I had more boxes I would glue gun a few similar sized ones together, spray paint the outsides only, and hang on a wall like a shadow box. I have some blown glass miniatures and some in pewter that would look great with the silver lining as a backdrop. You could even run a bead of glittery glue along the seams between the boxes to make it look more finished.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

There were really great ideas for the boxes posted around the holidays. Using them to hide small gifts on Christmas tree for grandkids, gifting little candies at work, etc. I dont remember them all but the thread is probably still on forum.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

The problem with the blue boxes is that they dont have a display insert.
I decided to try and see if it will work. I bought black velvet foam sheets, cut them to size of the blue boxes. Cut little slits ( 2 on top, 1 on each side for chain and pendant, or poked little holes in middle for earrings.
It really was just as nice as the gift boxes I buy at Amaz.. usually get 12 for about $15. I Get several sizes.
Before I came up with the insert idea, I had bundles of those blue boxes from shoplc, plus beige boxes from Jtv, which I gave to a local school kindergarten teacher to use for arts and craft.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Ets. Sells multiple black jewelry foam inserts for very cheap. Just cut to size.
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
If I had more boxes I would glue gun a few similar sized ones together, spray paint the outsides only, and hang on a wall like a shadow box. I have some blown glass miniatures and some in pewter that would look great with the silver lining as a backdrop. You could even run a bead of glittery glue along the seams between the boxes to make it look more finished.
Great idea.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

You could decorate them with a tooth fairy theme and sell them as tooth fairy box to put a child's tooth in.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
You could decorate them with a tooth fairy theme and sell them as tooth fairy box to put a child's tooth in.
How Cute 💜
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I take them to the local pawn shops or the small jewelry stores in my area. Also, I’ve actually put a lot of them on a small sheet of backer board & hot glued each one & then used it to store rings or earrings-minus the lids-in a drawer. That way I have a little jewelry organizer in one of my dresser drawers to just put things I’m taking off. Also, I send them to my grandkids school in order to put little gifts in during the year from the teacher or when they have Easter egg hunts, they’re perfect for the “prized eggs “ the kids love them
5 x