Re: This is Strange

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

Yeah. My bank account was the first.thing I checked on . Phone store opens at 11am my time so I got to wait another hour before I can do much more.
I hope everything is secure for you my friend! We are going to the bank as soon as it opens this morning.
Yeah me too . I know you had super rough few days ☹ Good luck with bank. Glad you guys are all good though ❣( you know what I mean right)
😉🥰
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Well, got lucky phone store was open early
Someone was trying to hack my phone.....I now have new security system installed.
Be Alert and Be Aware folks !!!!!
6 x

Anya

Post by Anya » 4 years ago

I have never used the app. I don’t like the set up. To me just going to Shoplc.com is so much more user friendly and I am actually good with technology.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Anya wrote:
4 years ago
I have never used the app. I don’t like the set up. To me just going to Shoplc.com is so much more user friendly and I am actually good with technology.
I agree!
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Well. Did I have an encounter with a LOSER HACK. A hacker emailed me. He claimed he had my password, so he installed malware into my computer, and has been taping me. He claimed unless I send him 1200$ through Bitcoin, he will reveal all my private tapes to the world. He gave me 3 days to send him the money.
Well, first of all he got HACKED😆someone sold him a fake password. And I knew he was not from America. Check the way he wrote out 1200 with the $ sign after the numbers.( European way)
Plus my pc had not been used in years. My iPhone and Ipad do the job. The joke is that if he ever taped me, he would see me and playing with my Chihuahua. I doubt too many people would buy that tape🤣
I sent the threatening email to the FBI, and others that google recommended.
Once I didn’t take his bait, I never heard from him again. 🤪
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Just hard to trust anyone these days. I dont even answer my phone unless I recognize the number and then I wait to see if who ever called left a message
Apartment complex where I live is gated and yet I had to go down today so they could reprogram my gate remote, there were not only cars broken into last night but a car was stolen!
Last edited by Gypsy 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Just hard to trust anyone these days. I dont even answer my phone unless I recognize the number and then I wait to see if who ever called left a message.
We don’t even have a landline. On our iPhones we have ROBOKILLER. It will answer robo calls with a fake recording of your choice or you can choose random. Some of them are funny! Although with the new IOS update we can opt to have our phone not even ring when an unknown caller calls.
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I just can't make myself get rid of the landline. I know
it's just another expense, but so trusted by me for too
many years. Do have an answering machine which I
seldom pick up till ID and thennnnnn I have the
most wonderful old feature 'Call Block.' Works for me! :D
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I will have to check out robokiller.
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

We got rid of our landline phone years ago & only use our iPhone. We don’t have the RoboKiller, but sounds interesting to check into. I don’t answer my cell if I don’t recognize the number but am on the Do Not Call List, but some are getting sneakier about their calling practices unfortunately. My husband bought a new truck last month, within one week of it sitting here in the middle of the night, every alarm starts going off. He went out & someone had shot it with a BB gun. A brand new F-250, and they still haven’t found who did it. So now we’re checking into getting cameras installed. It’s a shame what some people will do to others 🥺
5 x