Sleeping Beauty Turquoise

Gem Lover

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I was reading an article last night on Sleeping Beauty Turquoise and according to the article they said that only LOW GRADE Sleeping Beauty Turquoise is stabilized and polymer filled. The higher grade material is strong enough to just be polished without other treatment, they also said 90% of what is on the market today is the low grade and like treated Jade is not worth much. So when we are told how expensive it is they are correct but not the stuff they sell here and on other networks. I noticed last night Adie kept saying that grandideirite IS $20,000 a ct. and was showing the info from a website but if you looked at what it really said was UP TOO $20,000 which to me is misleading the consumer, I do not like when they do this.
5 x

Gemsnob

Re: Sleeping Beauty Turquoise

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I was reading an article last night on Sleeping Beauty Turquoise and according to the article they said that only LOW GRADE Sleeping Beauty Turquoise is stabilized and polymer filled. The higher grade material is strong enough to just be polished without other treatment, they also said 90% of what is on the market today is the low grade and like treated Jade is not worth much. So when we are told how expensive it is they are correct but not the stuff they sell here and on other networks. I noticed last night Adie kept saying that grandideirite IS $20,000 a ct. and was showing the info from a website but if you looked at what it really said was UP TOO $20,000 which to me is misleading the consumer, I do not like when they do this.
They rarely show apples to apples comparisons. They do not sell $20,000 jewelry or museum grade gems. Its misleading to show those comparisons. Thats why I could never do that job. I dont want to sell my soul for the almighty dollar.
3 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve posted on another thread that I wish they wouldn’t compare those stones to what they’re selling. Those thousands of dollar stones are museum quality & not the things they are selling. I see the inclusions, some have white banding, black spots and are nowhere near the beautiful opaque stones they are comparing what they are selling to. I’ve not bought any because I honestly don’t like what has been shown yet. And I have been hearing them saying you can’t buy the chain for what we’re charging for the set. But if you look on their website, they sell chains under $10, but showing comparisons of around $30-50 for a silver chain.
4 x

Maggie1295

Post by Maggie1295 » 4 years ago

I've been collecting jewelry for 30 years and I believe I am an informed consumer. I had never seen grandiderite until they started selling it here but I didn't fall for the silly hype. First, what they are selling is ugly. It's dead, ugly occluded and obviously next to worthless. And then I saw the real deal on the Gem Shopping Network. They were selling grandiderite rings for $30,000 or $40,000! The stones were a beautiful deep seawater blue color and clear, nothing at all like what you see here. I don't care for the stone but I liked seeing what the true precious gem quality stones looked like.
5 x