New items that came in

Gem Lover

New items that came in

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I received some orders in the mail today and was happy with some of the packaging but it stops there, I had 3 items that came in a very small box that looked like a tiny pizza box and the items inside were all in their own little blue velour pouch like the J channel does which was nice but I did not care for the items in the pouch's. One item was a necklace that I canceled when the website was having an issue and it did not cancel it, the other is a ring that is much smaller then the description stated and the third was an Orissia Rhodolite ring that again is not good color and looks cheap, all are going back. The last item came in their regular packaging and they sent the wrong size (second time this week) so it is going back. On a happy note I had a ring that came in from the J channel that I paid under $40 and it is beautiful!
7 x

Gemsnob

Re: New items that came in

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I received some orders in the mail today and was happy with some of the packaging but it stops there, I had 3 items that came in a very small box that looked like a tiny pizza box and the items inside were all in their own little blue velour pouch like the J channel does which was nice but I did not care for the items in the pouch's. One item was a necklace that I canceled when the website was having an issue and it did not cancel it, the other is a ring that is much smaller then the description stated and the third was an Orissia Rhodolite ring that again is not good color and looks cheap, all are going back. The last item came in their regular packaging and they sent the wrong size (second time this week) so it is going back. On a happy note I had a ring that came in from the J channel that I paid under $40 and it is beautiful!
Can you tell anything about the new box from SLC? I did hear that they are trying to be more environmentally friendly and thinking of going to biodegradable boxes.
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Sorry bout your experience, especially with the Orissa garnet. Sometimes they look so pretty on air! I’ve actually been having better experience with packaging too. But it seems there’s no more anti tarnish paper in the baggies anymore. So my latest delivery was more successful than yours.( sorry. I hate to rub it in). My favorite is the welo opal and I keep seeing the prices go crazy on the RA. I have many smaller ones and a few bracelets, but I wanted one really big beautiful one in my collection in case these things skyrocket in price. I finally broke down and ordered a pendant with a nearly 4 ct. opal. I actually ordered 2 so I could keep the better, if one wasn’t a spectacular color play. That turned out to be a good decision. One opal is amazing. I honestly can’t imagine getting a more beautiful one, and that’s what I was aiming for. If both looked like that I would have kept both. The other was ok, but not spectacular. Only problem is, SLC uses the worst microscopic accent diamonds in their settings. Why do they even bother? They really cheapen the piece. A few are chipped on the edges. But, NO WAY am I sending it back bcuz the opal is better than I ever imagined. I also received a beautiful quality leather bag that I won from RA and this one didn’t arrive with creases in the leather from being squished into a shipping bag too small! It was packed properly. Also received 2 sterling chains that I got using my customer appreciation coupon. So all in all, a pretty successful delivery. One opal pendant will be returned. Also, although I used a 30% off coupon, today, a week later, the price is $10 less and the 30% applies. Ugh.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER I'm glad to hear you got some nice items. I love my opals, I have 6 very large ones 4+ cts. one has a cat eye effect! I am happy you were able to get your large one, I think they are going to be valuable in the near future, I have already noticed how much they have gone up in price just in the last couple of years. I have not had much luck with my last few orders from here. I did order a Russian Alexandrite ring in 14k gold last night from some place else, I hope it is going to be nice.
7 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

Can you get a price adjustment when a price drops within 30 days? Definitely worth a call to cust svc.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
Can you get a price adjustment when a price drops within 30 days? Definitely worth a call to cust svc.
Yep!
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER I'm glad to hear you got some nice items. I love my opals, I have 6 very large ones 4+ cts. one has a cat eye effect! I am happy you were able to get your large one, I think they are going to be valuable in the near future, I have already noticed how much they have gone up in price just in the last couple of years. I have not had much luck with my last few orders from here. I did order a Russian Alexandrite ring in 14k gold last night from some place else, I hope it is going to be nice.
Oh PLEASE post about your Alexandrite when you get it 🥰
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
I though about it, but since I’m returning one and I don’t have all that much confidence in the billing/credit department. I’m not sure it’s worth the possible nightmare. $10 less the 30% is $7.00. And although I hate to throw away $7, my fear is that when I return the one, they’ll have some excuse for not crediting the full price I paid. Oh how I wish I could post a pic of the good one! It is soooo beautiful! I think 2 nite I’m gonna sleep in nothing but the pendant!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
I though about it, but since I’m returning one and I don’t have all that much confidence in the billing/credit department. I’m not sure it’s worth the possible nightmare. $10 less the 30% is $7.00. And although I hate to throw away $7, my fear is that when I return the one, they’ll have some excuse for not crediting the full price I paid. Oh how I wish I could post a pic of the good one! It is soooo beautiful! I think 2 nite I’m gonna sleep in nothing but the pendant!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats funny! In my younger years I could pull that off but knowing my luck now, Id sleep in only a pendant and end up having to run into the street because my house was burning. With all the doorbell cameras and cellphones, I dont want to risk it! :lol:
7 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
Thats funny! In my younger years I could pull that off but knowing my luck now, Id sleep in only a pendant and end up having to run into the street because my house was burning. With all the doorbell cameras and cellphones, I dont want to risk it! :lol:
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂
That was my EXACT thought ❗❗❗
7 x