Blue boxes

geminigirl

Re: Blue boxes

Post by geminigirl » 4 years ago

Replying to a reply about the little pouches. Are you kidding me? I was always careful to send back a piece of jewelry in the box that they sent it to me in even if it was more expensive that way. Obviously this is just another cost saving measure. Cheaper than the box and I'm sure it is cheaper to ship. Yes, luckily I saved every box that I had that wasn't smashed when it arrived (there were a few). I would never give a gift in the pouch that is being described. Sure, one of the hosts said that we can buy a nice box at the craft store for $5.00 but, I'm not sure that is correct and I have probably already spent what I wanted to spend. Of course, if I bought something on Friday, I'm not going to buy a $5.00 box. Give me a break.
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

AngelFlutter, if I knew the size of the stone you are missing in your ring, I would look through my loose garnet stones & find one to give you. I even have small star ⭐️ shaped stones they used to sell here. Lots of those plastic containers with the see through lids that the gemstones are in from here. I think I have seen specialty cuts in my garnets and you’re welcome to have one if it will fit your ring casting. 💛🌹
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

geminigirl wrote:
4 years ago
Replying to a reply about the little pouches. Are you kidding me? I was always careful to send back a piece of jewelry in the box that they sent it to me in even if it was more expensive that way. Obviously this is just another cost saving measure. Cheaper than the box and I'm sure it is cheaper to ship. Yes, luckily I saved every box that I had that wasn't smashed when it arrived (there were a few). I would never give a gift in the pouch that is being described. Sure, one of the hosts said that we can buy a nice box at the craft store for $5.00 but, I'm not sure that is correct and I have probably already spent what I wanted to spend. Of course, if I bought something on Friday, I'm not going to buy a $5.00 box. Give me a break.
Yes, I agree
They certainly seem to have system - they pay less , but charge us more. 💲
Last edited by Gypsy 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Thank you SO much for the birthday wishes!

Hubby bought me a new car and I told him that is MORE than enough. We shall see if he does anything else. I really hope he doesn’t.

I haven’t seen any new packaging...yet. But with the SLC logo...uhmmm noooo. Not a great idea.

What did you get? Was it good?
WoW!! A new car! Congrats! I really need a new car...methinks I need to get married...again!!....NOT! 🤣🤣 Did you get a purple Tesla? I love those...cool metallic purple! 💜💜

I’m on an Emerald binge lately...it started when I bought a Sokoto Emerald ring as a gift for a Taurus friend. I loved it so much I bought one for myself! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Today I just got it and another Sokoto Emerald ring and a bracelet and a Colombian Emerald pendant! One more Emerald ring on the way, then I’m done with Emeralds...for this month!🤣 💚💎💚 Also got a Bali set with Amethyst...ring and pendant, and a beautiful AA Premium Natronite (aka Cherry Tanzurine) pendant in gold and a Hessonite bangle! All are gorgeous! Love them...no complaints...no missing stones or pale stones...all A++++!! Hopefully this represents the dawning of a new and improved era! 🤞
PS...Can I have your old car?!? 🤣🤣🤣
Wow...that’s quite a HAUL. I don’t have any Sokoto emeralds but I did get one for my daughter (Taurus). It’s very pretty and she loves it!
I have a pretty Tanzurine (that’s what it was called when I bought it) ring. I have been looking for some nice Bali rings. I would love an amethyst.

And No....I didn’t get a Tesla though I have considered one. Not many electric hook ups in town here yet.
I got a 2019 (though new) BMW 640i Gran Coupe. Not purple. The color name is Deep Sea Blue metallic. She’s the color of AAAA tanzanite!!!!
I loveeee my car. I gave them my old one in trade!
Oooh LaLa. Nice Ride!!!! Enjoy !! It's a beautiful thing when something in "your color" is your vehicle. When I got my motorcycle, I had it painted to a metal flake purlpe-blue. Never even thought about it beng a Tanzanite color. It's more of a blueish color in sunlight with a purple undertone. In the shade, it's more of a purple color with blue undertones. I had special paint made for it. $279.00 a quart 10 years ago. Mom doesn't like me riding. Afraid I will have a bad accident. I have always wanted a Harley. Couldn't bear to sell it. Been thinking about making a three wheeler out of it. $6,5OO.00 to do that. I have a 1998 1200cc Sportster. It's a chopper. Long, lean and mean. So um yeh..... I really need to hit on the lottery or pass the hat. RS, you enjoy that new vehicle you lucky girl. You really had a Happy Birthday. :D
3 x

Angelflutter

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago

WoW!! A new car! Congrats! I really need a new car...methinks I need to get married...again!!....NOT! 🤣🤣 Did you get a purple Tesla? I love those...cool metallic purple! 💜💜

I’m on an Emerald binge lately...it started when I bought a Sokoto Emerald ring as a gift for a Taurus friend. I loved it so much I bought one for myself! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Today I just got it and another Sokoto Emerald ring and a bracelet and a Colombian Emerald pendant! One more Emerald ring on the way, then I’m done with Emeralds...for this month!🤣 💚💎💚 Also got a Bali set with Amethyst...ring and pendant, and a beautiful AA Premium Natronite (aka Cherry Tanzurine) pendant in gold and a Hessonite bangle! All are gorgeous! Love them...no complaints...no missing stones or pale stones...all A++++!! Hopefully this represents the dawning of a new and improved era! 🤞
PS...Can I have your old car?!? 🤣🤣🤣
Wow...that’s quite a HAUL. I don’t have any Sokoto emeralds but I did get one for my daughter (Taurus). It’s very pretty and she loves it!
I have a pretty Tanzurine (that’s what it was called when I bought it) ring. I have been looking for some nice Bali rings. I would love an amethyst.

And No....I didn’t get a Tesla though I have considered one. Not many electric hook ups in town here yet.
I got a 2019 (though new) BMW 640i Gran Coupe. Not purple. The color name is Deep Seal Blue metallic. She’s the color of AAAA tanzanite!!!!
I loveeee my car. I gave them my old one in trade!
Your new car sounds simply Divine!! And I have the ring to match it...had a 10 carat 4A Tanzanite ring with over 2 and a half carats of D-flawless Diamonds custom made about 11 years ago when all the best quality Tanzy was being mined! Now you have to come and pick me up and we’ll go for a spin and talk jewels! It’s the perfect way to break that baby in! Just hop on the PCH and you’ll be down to Redondo Beach in a jiffy! 🤣

Yes Cherry Tanzurine is the ‘real’/original name but the company who has the rights to that name wanted ShopLC to pay a huge sum for the rights to use it, so they changed the name to Natronite (from the river near where they found it). I bought two rings and a necklace before the name change so I was confused when it was suddenly renamed...but they explained it on the air and I just happened to catch it...funny too because I don’t get ShopLC on my TV at home so I had it on in the background one night when I was at my office! The Socoto Emeralds are a pleasant surprise! I have many Brazilian and Zambian Emeralds and they never impressed me, so I was reticent to try Socoto! I find they are much closer in clarity and color to the Colombian Emeralds...which I love!

I love some of the Bali designs...so unique! But speaking of Amethyst...I recently got a gorgeous Amethyst ring with one of the specialty cut faceting...the name slips my mind at the moment but it’s truly an incredible and unique piece! I love the specialty faceting. I have one of the Texas Star faceting and the beehive faceting. Both beautiful!
I bought a beautiful Rose de France loose gemstone from jt^ years ago. I don't think they used the term Lone Star cut. But when you look into the table and look down into the stone, there is definately a star in the bottom and up through the stone... almost like a step cut....even though the top of the stone is cut in an octagon shape. Most of my loose gemstones that I have are cut in fancy shapes. I do miss those shows. So I am picturing your Lone Star in my mind. Oh, it must be beautiful. Could you post a pic on the other side for us. :D
2 x

Angelflutter

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy

A rolltop is a type of cut. Actually mine is a barrel rolltop. It kind looks like a lot of baguettes (but with no prongs since it is one stone) that go horizontally and starts close to the finger on top and bottom but rises up in the middle. Hard to explain but a pretty rare cut.
In my mind I am picturing a faceted dome shaped stone. Am I right?
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhh! @Angelflutter

That color sounds like an Iolite!

Beautiful! I love Iolites! Far more than Tanzanites. I mean, I can definitely appreciate the color, beauty and appeal of Tanzanite, but it's not one of my favorite stones.

I have a brother in law who has a Harley. I'll have to ask him what "model"? or "year"? or "style"? it is. Can you tell I don't know anything about them?!?!

I just know it's considered a "classic". He's had it since probably the late 60s, early 70s.

My sis had a color of nail polish in the early 80s we still love. She paid to have our small town paint store "man" match the color for her sporty classic car. It was a dark cranberry with magenta in it. Darker than magenta, but not pink. So that's why I add the cranberry color to the description. It wasn't a cheap cheesy color. It was gorgeous!

I liked the color it was originally, myself! Pea Soup Green, or 70s Euro Green, or as I actually call it (around close family and friends only) baby poo green!
😂

I love those "Euro" colors!

She had it lowered, which looked great, but I like the classic, original looks.

Try going over railroad tracks in a lowered tiny two seater car, with a big 48oz Diet Coke in your bladder.
😟

Never again!
😖

She still has it, but now drives an SUV. Life changes and things we once had we either have to sell, trade in, or they just cost too much to maintain. I had classic VW bugs. Bought from their original owners. First one a 64, second a 63, third a 67 with a sunroof. And I WANT THEM BACK!
😫

But life changes. My first one was stolen. The police got it back. It was just a shell. Completely stripped of knobs, door panels, seats, wheels, steering wheel, windows, handles, EVERYTHING. Literally a shell with no bottom.

We had to get it out of impound (our mechanic was able to use the shell to remake a bug for his brother).

I had a great thing happen out of all of it.

They took my homemade cassettes tapes (I hope they enjoyed hearing David Cassidy, The Monkees, and Keith Green! Yes I still listened to them and still do; David was my first 💕! Broke my heart when he died. And he died on my birthday. Sigh. Such an underrated voice he had!)

AND yet, I was upset most about my bible. Scriptures underlined that held close meaning to me, highlighted ones, notes I had written. I had had that bible for years. 😢

Well, I looked inside what was left of my car, and there was MY BIBLE.

I was thrilled but also I LAUGHED SO HARD!

I said: "THEY'LL STEAL A CAR AND STRIP IT CLEAN, BUT THEY WON'T TOSS A BIBLE OUT THE WINDOW OR EVEN REMOVE IT FROM THE CAR AT ALLLLLLL!"

"THOSE THEIVES HAVE MAMAS AND GRANDMAS PRAYING FOR THEM!"
😂🤣

I believe they DID, TOO.

All they had to do was throw it in the trash, or out the window when they drove off in it! But they didn't. Afraid to touch it! Afraid to throw a bible away!

Yep...Mamas, Grannies and Aunties praying for them!

They saw notes, scriptures underlined, post it notes with words about Christ, with things He had helped me get through, with corresponding verses highlighted in fluorescent greens, pinks, yellows and blues!

THEY DEFINITELY FEARED GOD!

So, I prayed for them!

✨🕊🌟🕊✨

Enjoy your H and BE CAREFUL. My BIL got in an accident in the 70s on his, and hit his head. Lost his sense of smell.

Could have been much worse!

Still, H's abound in the family...or did when his son was a little boy on a bike...my BIL changed his son's regular bike's handlebars by welding them into the shape/style of the "Chopper" bars on an H. My nephew loved it! Arms up in the air riding around our neighborhood steering that "Chopper kid's bicycle"! Other kids would see him on that and they just loved it!
😂
3 x

Gypsy

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Ohhhhhhhhh! @Angelflutter

That color sounds like an Iolite!

Beautiful! I love Iolites! Far more than Tanzanites. I mean, I can definitely appreciate the color, beauty and appeal of Tanzanite, but it's not one of my favorite stones.

I have a brother in law who has a Harley. I'll have to ask him what "model"? or "year"? or "style"? it is. Can you tell I don't know anything about them?!?!

I just know it's considered a "classic". He's had it since probably the late 60s, early 70s.

My sis had a color of nail polish in the early 80s we still love. She paid to have our small town paint store "man" match the color for her sporty classic car. It was a dark cranberry with magenta in it. Darker than magenta, but not pink. So that's why I add the cranberry color to the description. It wasn't a cheap cheesy color. It was gorgeous!

I liked the color it was originally, myself! Pea Soup Green, or 70s Euro Green, or as I actually call it (around close family and friends only) baby poo green!
😂

I love those "Euro" colors!

She had it lowered, which looked great, but I like the classic, original looks.

Try going over railroad tracks in a lowered tiny two seater car, with a big 48oz Diet Coke in your bladder.
😟

Never again!
😖

She still has it, but now drives an SUV. Life changes and things we once had we either have to sell, trade in, or they just cost too much to maintain.
I had classic VW bugs. Bought from their original owners. First one a 64, second a 63, third a 67 with a sunroof. And I WANT THEM BACK!
😫

But life changes. My first one was stolen. The police got it back. It was just a shell. Completely stripped of knobs, door panels, seats, wheels, steering wheel, windows, handles, EVERYTHING. Literally a shell with no bottom.

We had to get it out of impound (our mechanic was able to use the shell to remake a bug for his brother).

I had a great thing happen out of all of it.

They took my homemade cassettes tapes (I hope they enjoyed hearing David Cassidy, The Monkees, and Keith Green! Yes I still listened to them and still do; David was my first 💕! Broke my heart when he died. And he died on my birthday. Sigh. Such an underrated voice he had!)

AND yet, I was upset most about my bible. Scriptures underlined that held close meaning to me, highlighted ones, notes I had written. I had had that bible for years. 😢

Well, I looked inside what was left of my car, and there was MY BIBLE.

I was thrilled but also I LAUGHED SO HARD!

I said: "THEY'LL STEAL A CAR AND STRIP IT CLEAN, BUT THEY WON'T TOSS A BIBLE OUT THE WINDOW OR EVEN REMOVE IT FROM THE CAR AT ALLLLLLL!"

"THOSE THEIVES HAVE MAMAS AND GRANDMAS PRAYING FOR THEM!"
😂🤣

I believe they DID, TOO.

All they had to do was throw it in the trash, or out the window when they drove off in it! But they didn't. Afraid to touch it! Afraid to throw a bible away!

Yep...Mamas, Grannies and Aunties praying for them!

They saw notes, scriptures underlined, post it notes with words about Christ, with things He had helped me get through, with corresponding verses highlighted in fluorescent greens, pinks, yellows and blues!

THEY DEFINITELY FEARED GOD!

So, I prayed for them!

✨🕊🌟🕊✨

Enjoy your H and BE CAREFUL. My BIL got in an accident in the 70s on his, and hit his head. Lost his sense of smell.

Could have been much worse!

Still, H's abound in the family...or did when his son was a little boy on a bike...my BIL changed his son's regular bike's handlebars by welding them into the shape/style of the "Chopper" bars on an H. My nephew loved it! Arms up in the air riding around our neighborhood steering that "Chopper kid's bicycle"! Other kids would see him on that and they just loved it!
😂
Catticus- I learned to drive in our family VW Bug ! It was bright yellow, we also had a VW Van
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Gypsy

Gypsy!

My older sister had a yellow VW bug, and my dad drove one of those wonderful VW vans! We had a light blue one, my aunt and uncle a red one. I want one now! With plaid seats!

What color was your family's van?

My dad always looked "clean cut", with a flat top for years. Looked (still does) like a mean General straight out of the Army (he fought in WWII and in The Battle of the Bulge, etc.) but now he's almost bald, with a shaved short haircut, and he's always had steeley eyes. The kind that David Carradine had when he starred in the TV show Kung Fu. I adore The Carradine family.

Anyway, people would see a Baja bug and ask me whose it was. I'd say: "Oh, my dad built it."

He's those jack of all trades type (but his degree is design engineer.) He has always loved working on cars. At 75 he built a gorgeous truck from scratch. It's a beautiful glossy white, and I think it's a 57 Chevy. I'm not sure.

They always said "YOURRRRRR DADDDDDD BUILT IT?!?!"

He just didn't look the type!

Army? Yes!
Engineer complete with "plastic pen protector" clipped to his shirt pocket? Yes!
Engineer glasses? Yes!

"Baja Bug look"? NOOOOOO!
🤣

I learned to drive in my older sister's yellow bug, mine, and a friend's automatic car.

I learned how to drive a stick shift very well. I had no choice!
😳

I drove home once, and in our driveway was nothing but VWs! A Baja Bug, a Van, a Ghia (my favorite!), my older sister's bug, my bug, and our neighbor's (which I bought later!) ALL VWs! Not any other make in sight!

I said "It looks like a VW commercial!"
😂
2 x

Gypsy

@Catticus- Our Van was a dull ugly Brown.....
But it was well loved by my friends when we'd load up to go to the Lake !! And learning to drive a stick was mandatory in my family !! Do you remember during the gas crunch in early 70's and the VW Rabbit .? ?? I came home from school one day and the van was gone and 2 Rabbits sat in the driveway ☹
2 x