Re: Blue boxes

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago

WoW!! A new car! Congrats! I really need a new car...methinks I need to get married...again!!....NOT! 🤣🤣 Did you get a purple Tesla? I love those...cool metallic purple! 💜💜

I’m on an Emerald binge lately...it started when I bought a Sokoto Emerald ring as a gift for a Taurus friend. I loved it so much I bought one for myself! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Today I just got it and another Sokoto Emerald ring and a bracelet and a Colombian Emerald pendant! One more Emerald ring on the way, then I’m done with Emeralds...for this month!🤣 💚💎💚 Also got a Bali set with Amethyst...ring and pendant, and a beautiful AA Premium Natronite (aka Cherry Tanzurine) pendant in gold and a Hessonite bangle! All are gorgeous! Love them...no complaints...no missing stones or pale stones...all A++++!! Hopefully this represents the dawning of a new and improved era! 🤞
PS...Can I have your old car?!? 🤣🤣🤣
Wow...that’s quite a HAUL. I don’t have any Sokoto emeralds but I did get one for my daughter (Taurus). It’s very pretty and she loves it!
I have a pretty Tanzurine (that’s what it was called when I bought it) ring. I have been looking for some nice Bali rings. I would love an amethyst.

And No....I didn’t get a Tesla though I have considered one. Not many electric hook ups in town here yet.
I got a 2019 (though new) BMW 640i Gran Coupe. Not purple. The color name is Deep Sea Blue metallic. She’s the color of AAAA tanzanite!!!!
I loveeee my car. I gave them my old one in trade!
Oooh LaLa. Nice Ride!!!! Enjoy !! It's a beautiful thing when something in "your color" is your vehicle. When I got my motorcycle, I had it painted to a metal flake purlpe-blue. Never even thought about it beng a Tanzanite color. It's more of a blueish color in sunlight with a purple undertone. In the shade, it's more of a purple color with blue undertones. I had special paint made for it. $279.00 a quart 10 years ago. Mom doesn't like me riding. Afraid I will have a bad accident. I have always wanted a Harley. Couldn't bear to sell it. Been thinking about making a three wheeler out of it. $6,5OO.00 to do that. I have a 1998 1200cc Sportster. It's a chopper. Long, lean and mean. So um yeh..... I really need to hit on the lottery or pass the hat. RS, you enjoy that new vehicle you lucky girl. You really had a Happy Birthday. :D
Thank you!

My hubby had THE EXACT HARLEY! Same year too! In bright red. He loved that bike. I loved looking at it but not so much being on the back. I used to be his biker babe and we’d take trips on it. Short trips as a Sportster is not a touring bike as you know.
When I had our first child I stopped riding with him.
He would take short jaunts but mostly just polished the daylights out of it. He eventually decided to sell it.
I cried when he did. He misses it and I keep telling him to just go buy one now that the kids are grown.
Maybe he will
He does have his new He-Man truck that needs a ladder so...

I bet your bike is gorgeous! Did you modify the tail pipes? RUMBLE RUMBLE!

I love my car. She’s a prettyyyyy girl. And does everything but make me breakfast!
Maybe she does do that too...need to check!
I mean she even has radar! And a heads-up display.

I hope you are having a great Sunday❤️❤️❤️❤️
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

I DESPISE this era. I'd go back in less than a second! Seeing things like old cars, old things from long gone eras, makes me ACHE inside. My sis is the same way. We "feel" things very deeply. And it's very difficult to be like this. We HATE it. Some call it being "Empaths." I call it DEPRESSING!
😣
Im an "Empath" too. I feel the hurt of others in my soul. I feel the suffering of parents who have lost a child, innocent animals who have been abused, my children who are sick but I havent been able to cure. Its like my heart hurts every day. I cannot watch the news except to catch the weather report. I dont know if it contibutes to me being a very " black and white" kind of person but I wonder if it does. I know its why I am a loner and dont go out much. I love people though.
@Gemsnob

Yessssssss! My sis and I "feel too much" every single day. Even for those we don't know! And I cannot watch those animal commercials (I don't trust the companies asking for money, either), there are so many things I cannot watch. So I stick with my old sitcoms, and classic TV era.

It's very difficult. 😣 I actually don't want to go anywhere anymore. When I was young and more naive, yes. And I had mental energy then.

Now? NO THANKS. Too depressed.
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
AngelFlutter, if I knew the size of the stone you are missing in your ring, I would look through my loose garnet stones & find one to give you. I even have small star ⭐️ shaped stones they used to sell here. Lots of those plastic containers with the see through lids that the gemstones are in from here. I think I have seen specialty cuts in my garnets and you’re welcome to have one if it will fit your ring casting. 💛🌹
Thank you so much Ginger. I have no clue about the stone size. It has been so long ago since I lost it and at that time I really wasn't into jewelry. I never knew about size and carat weight back then I really do appreciate your offer to replace the stone. Bless you. :D
2 x

Angelflutter

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Ohhhhhhhhh! @Angelflutter

That color sounds like an Iolite!

Beautiful! I love Iolites! Far more than Tanzanites. I mean, I can definitely appreciate the color, beauty and appeal of Tanzanite, but it's not one of my favorite stones.

I have a brother in law who has a Harley. I'll have to ask him what "model"? or "year"? or "style"? it is. Can you tell I don't know anything about them?!?!

I just know it's considered a "classic". He's had it since probably the late 60s, early 70s.

My sis had a color of nail polish in the early 80s we still love. She paid to have our small town paint store "man" match the color for her sporty classic car. It was a dark cranberry with magenta in it. Darker than magenta, but not pink. So that's why I add the cranberry color to the description. It wasn't a cheap cheesy color. It was gorgeous!

I liked the color it was originally, myself! Pea Soup Green, or 70s Euro Green, or as I actually call it (around close family and friends only) baby poo green!
😂

I love those "Euro" colors!

She had it lowered, which looked great, but I like the classic, original looks.

Try going over railroad tracks in a lowered tiny two seater car, with a big 48oz Diet Coke in your bladder.
😟

Never again!
😖

She still has it, but now drives an SUV. Life changes and things we once had we either have to sell, trade in, or they just cost too much to maintain. I had classic VW bugs. Bought from their original owners. First one a 64, second a 63, third a 67 with a sunroof. And I WANT THEM BACK!
😫

But life changes. My first one was stolen. The police got it back. It was just a shell. Completely stripped of knobs, door panels, seats, wheels, steering wheel, windows, handles, EVERYTHING. Literally a shell with no bottom.

We had to get it out of impound (our mechanic was able to use the shell to remake a bug for his brother).

I had a great thing happen out of all of it.

They took my homemade cassettes tapes (I hope they enjoyed hearing David Cassidy, The Monkees, and Keith Green! Yes I still listened to them and still do; David was my first 💕! Broke my heart when he died. And he died on my birthday. Sigh. Such an underrated voice he had!)

AND yet, I was upset most about my bible. Scriptures underlined that held close meaning to me, highlighted ones, notes I had written. I had had that bible for years. 😢

Well, I looked inside what was left of my car, and there was MY BIBLE.

I was thrilled but also I LAUGHED SO HARD!

I said: "THEY'LL STEAL A CAR AND STRIP IT CLEAN, BUT THEY WON'T TOSS A BIBLE OUT THE WINDOW OR EVEN REMOVE IT FROM THE CAR AT ALLLLLLL!"

"THOSE THEIVES HAVE MAMAS AND GRANDMAS PRAYING FOR THEM!"
😂🤣

I believe they DID, TOO.

All they had to do was throw it in the trash, or out the window when they drove off in it! But they didn't. Afraid to touch it! Afraid to throw a bible away!

Yep...Mamas, Grannies and Aunties praying for them!

They saw notes, scriptures underlined, post it notes with words about Christ, with things He had helped me get through, with corresponding verses highlighted in fluorescent greens, pinks, yellows and blues!

THEY DEFINITELY FEARED GOD!

So, I prayed for them!

✨🕊🌟🕊✨

Enjoy your H and BE CAREFUL. My BIL got in an accident in the 70s on his, and hit his head. Lost his sense of smell.

Could have been much worse!

Still, H's abound in the family...or did when his son was a little boy on a bike...my BIL changed his son's regular bike's handlebars by welding them into the shape/style of the "Chopper" bars on an H. My nephew loved it! Arms up in the air riding around our neighborhood steering that "Chopper kid's bicycle"! Other kids would see him on that and they just loved it!
😂
[/quoteih Cattucus. I had to laugh about the Bible story. I am so glad you did get it back though. It had your life through scriptures in it. I'm with the thieves...
I wouldn't dare steal someone's Bible. I fear I would be cursed for the remainder of my life. The older Harley's tend hold their value, and are worth more. It seems that your true blue older bikers prefer older models. Not the ones made during the AMF years though. I NEVER wanted a new bike. My dad used to be a new car salesman at a Buick dealership. When I was 9, someone traded in their motorcycle on a Electra 225. Dad came home for lunch riding on that motorcycle. He took me for a very short ride around a couple of blocks. I have been hooked ever since. That bike is my dream. It's chopped, nice long fork in the front and is a lowrider. I have chopper style handlebars, though they are not ape hangers. I have foot pegs custom made for my height ( made by my hubs ) in which I can bring my legs up and lean into my seat and practically totally sretch out. Nice feature when doing long rides. I used to have a King / queen seat. Now I have a bigger seat to hold my butt in and make the ride more comfy. ( Picture a seat on a police motorcycle. ) Black leather fringe everywhere.... saddlebags, foot pedals, throttle and brake handles and around the back of the seat. If ya'll remember Kirks Folley jewelry, years ago they had a crystal encrusted eagle bracelet ( done in the natural colors of an eagle ). That bracelet looked exactly like the Harley Davidson Eagle. I ordered that bracelet, hubs cut the bracelet parts off and rounded down the edges. That crystal eagle now sits on the front fender of my bike. Oh gish, when those suns rays hit it, it's like a party. I get more compliments on that. A lit of people think it's a special order that you can only purchase through HD. They are quite surprised when I tell them what it really is. :o
]
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Ohhhhhhhhh! @Angelflutter

That color sounds like an Iolite!

Beautiful! I love Iolites! Far more than Tanzanites. I mean, I can definitely appreciate the color, beauty and appeal of Tanzanite, but it's not one of my favorite stones.

I have a brother in law who has a Harley. I'll have to ask him what "model"? or "year"? or "style"? it is. Can you tell I don't know anything about them?!?!

I just know it's considered a "classic". He's had it since probably the late 60s, early 70s.

My sis had a color of nail polish in the early 80s we still love. She paid to have our small town paint store "man" match the color for her sporty classic car. It was a dark cranberry with magenta in it. Darker than magenta, but not pink. So that's why I add the cranberry color to the description. It wasn't a cheap cheesy color. It was gorgeous!

I liked the color it was originally, myself! Pea Soup Green, or 70s Euro Green, or as I actually call it (around close family and friends only) baby poo green!
😂

I love those "Euro" colors!

She had it lowered, which looked great, but I like the classic, original looks.

Try going over railroad tracks in a lowered tiny two seater car, with a big 48oz Diet Coke in your bladder.
😟

Never again!
😖

She still has it, but now drives an SUV. Life changes and things we once had we either have to sell, trade in, or they just cost too much to maintain. I had classic VW bugs. Bought from their original owners. First one a 64, second a 63, third a 67 with a sunroof. And I WANT THEM BACK!
😫

But life changes. My first one was stolen. The police got it back. It was just a shell. Completely stripped of knobs, door panels, seats, wheels, steering wheel, windows, handles, EVERYTHING. Literally a shell with no bottom.

We had to get it out of impound (our mechanic was able to use the shell to remake a bug for his brother).

I had a great thing happen out of all of it.

They took my homemade cassettes tapes (I hope they enjoyed hearing David Cassidy, The Monkees, and Keith Green! Yes I still listened to them and still do; David was my first 💕! Broke my heart when he died. And he died on my birthday. Sigh. Such an underrated voice he had!)

AND yet, I was upset most about my bible. Scriptures underlined that held close meaning to me, highlighted ones, notes I had written. I had had that bible for years. 😢

Well, I looked inside what was left of my car, and there was MY BIBLE.

I was thrilled but also I LAUGHED SO HARD!

I said: "THEY'LL STEAL A CAR AND STRIP IT CLEAN, BUT THEY WON'T TOSS A BIBLE OUT THE WINDOW OR EVEN REMOVE IT FROM THE CAR AT ALLLLLLL!"

"THOSE THEIVES HAVE MAMAS AND GRANDMAS PRAYING FOR THEM!"
😂🤣

I believe they DID, TOO.

All they had to do was throw it in the trash, or out the window when they drove off in it! But they didn't. Afraid to touch it! Afraid to throw a bible away!

Yep...Mamas, Grannies and Aunties praying for them!

They saw notes, scriptures underlined, post it notes with words about Christ, with things He had helped me get through, with corresponding verses highlighted in fluorescent greens, pinks, yellows and blues!

THEY DEFINITELY FEARED GOD!

So, I prayed for them!

✨🕊🌟🕊✨

Enjoy your H and BE CAREFUL. My BIL got in an accident in the 70s on his, and hit his head. Lost his sense of smell.

Could have been much worse!

Still, H's abound in the family...or did when his son was a little boy on a bike...my BIL changed his son's regular bike's handlebars by welding them into the shape/style of the "Chopper" bars on an H. My nephew loved it! Arms up in the air riding around our neighborhood steering that "Chopper kid's bicycle"! Other kids would see him on that and they just loved it!
😂
Cat, how devastated you must have been when your VW was stolen & found stripped! I'm glad you were able to get your Bible back as it obviously means the world to you.

I learned to drive a straight shift on my boyfriend's bright yellow VW. It was so much fun to drive. I hated when he sold it but gotta wonder why a 6'2" man bought a bug to begin with! He also had a Harley which I never liked because of the careless way he drove it with me on the back.

Hey hey with the Monkees! David Cassidy was one heartthrob in my formative years along with Donny Osmond too. Those were the days!

Hope your mom is doing better as well as your dad & KittyGlitter. Don't forget to take care of you 💞
2 x

Angelflutter

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Wow...that’s quite a HAUL. I don’t have any Sokoto emeralds but I did get one for my daughter (Taurus). It’s very pretty and she loves it!
I have a pretty Tanzurine (that’s what it was called when I bought it) ring. I have been looking for some nice Bali rings. I would love an amethyst.

And No....I didn’t get a Tesla though I have considered one. Not many electric hook ups in town here yet.
I got a 2019 (though new) BMW 640i Gran Coupe. Not purple. The color name is Deep Sea Blue metallic. She’s the color of AAAA tanzanite!!!!
I loveeee my car. I gave them my old one in trade!
Oooh LaLa. Nice Ride!!!! Enjoy !! It's a beautiful thing when something in "your color" is your vehicle. When I got my motorcycle, I had it painted to a metal flake purlpe-blue. Never even thought about it beng a Tanzanite color. It's more of a blueish color in sunlight with a purple undertone. In the shade, it's more of a purple color with blue undertones. I had special paint made for it. $279.00 a quart 10 years ago. Mom doesn't like me riding. Afraid I will have a bad accident. I have always wanted a Harley. Couldn't bear to sell it. Been thinking about making a three wheeler out of it. $6,5OO.00 to do that. I have a 1998 1200cc Sportster. It's a chopper. Long, lean and mean. So um yeh..... I really need to hit on the lottery or pass the hat. RS, you enjoy that new vehicle you lucky girl. You really had a Happy Birthday. :D
Thank you!

My hubby had THE EXACT HARLEY! Same year too! In bright red. He loved that bike. I loved looking at it but not so much being on the back. I used to be his biker babe and we’d take trips on it. Short trips as a Sportster is not a touring bike as you know.
When I had our first child I stopped riding with him.
He would take short jaunts but mostly just polished the daylights out of it. He eventually decided to sell it.
I cried when he did. He misses it and I keep telling him to just go buy one now that the kids are grown.
Maybe he will
He does have his new He-Man truck that needs a ladder so...

I bet your bike is gorgeous! Did you modify the tail pipes? RUMBLE RUMBLE!

I love my car. She’s a prettyyyyy girl. And does everything but make me breakfast!
Maybe she does do that too...need to check!
I mean she even has radar! And a heads-up display.

I hope you are having a great Sunday❤️❤️❤️❤️
As a matter of fact, yes I do have modified tailpipes. They don't have a buffer so they are LOUD. But that's what I love about the sound of a Harley. That low throaty lub lub lub......... you are absolutely right. Sportsters are not a touring bike. They are not softails. But, my nice seat does help out. Oh man, as much as I enjoy the ride, I can count on aching and paining for a day or two after spending any amount of significant time on her. Her name is Mz. Violet. I will never sale her. I waited too long to get her. I could have gotten a touring bike. Looked at a Road King and a Fatboy. But Sportster is more my style. My hubs doesn't ride...... so I knew I'd probably never do much in the way of road triipping. I enjoy the compliments I get on mine with all of her modifications and such. I do poker runs and just trips around town or ride out to the country where I have some friends that ride. I had been thinking about joining patriot riders, but with everything going on in my family doesn't look like that is in my future. I am thinking about doing a trike kit on her. $6,500.00. Being that I just went into forced retirement doesn't see like triking her is going to happen either. I'm sorry this is so long. But I could talk about my girl forever. :lol:
2 x

Angelflutter

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy

Gypsy!

My older sister had a yellow VW bug, and my dad drove one of those wonderful VW vans! We had a light blue one, my aunt and uncle a red one. I want one now! With plaid seats!

What color was your family's van?

My dad always looked "clean cut", with a flat top for years. Looked (still does) like a mean General straight out of the Army (he fought in WWII and in The Battle of the Bulge, etc.) but now he's almost bald, with a shaved short haircut, and he's always had steeley eyes. The kind that David Carradine had when he starred in the TV show Kung Fu. I adore The Carradine family.

Anyway, people would see a Baja bug and ask me whose it was. I'd say: "Oh, my dad built it."

He's those jack of all trades type (but his degree is design engineer.) He has always loved working on cars. At 75 he built a gorgeous truck from scratch. It's a beautiful glossy white, and I think it's a 57 Chevy. I'm not sure.

They always said "YOURRRRRR DADDDDDD BUILT IT?!?!"

He just didn't look the type!

Army? Yes!
Engineer complete with "plastic pen protector" clipped to his shirt pocket? Yes!
Engineer glasses? Yes!

"Baja Bug look"? NOOOOOO!
🤣

I learned to drive in my older sister's yellow bug, mine, and a friend's automatic car.

I learned how to drive a stick shift very well. I had no choice!
😳

I drove home once, and in our driveway was nothing but VWs! A Baja Bug, a Van, a Ghia (my favorite!), my older sister's bug, my bug, and our neighbor's (which I bought later!) ALL VWs! Not any other make in sight!

I said "It looks like a VW commercial!"
😂
I love those VW vans. Miss the old classics.
3 x

Angelflutter

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
@Catticus- Our Van was a dull ugly Brown.....
But it was well loved by my friends when we'd load up to go to the Lake !! And learning to drive a stick was mandatory in my family !! Do you remember during the gas crunch in early 70's and the VW Rabbit .? ?? I came home from school one day and the van was gone and 2 Rabbits sat in the driveway ☹
And then there was The Thing. Loved it.
2 x

Angelflutter

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning, I'm not a car fanatic, but, today, seeing
the era of cars from which I learned to drive, taking off
with my friends to shop and the guys and their hot rods,
from the 60's, really, really, really makes me wish that I
could turn the clock back. ha, ...an old hunk of iron can
me want to do that? My first car was a red '65 Mustang.
I lovd the 65 Mustang ❣❣
First car I bought with my own money was a 56 Chevy for $200.00
Was so proud of that car
My first car was a Ford Falcon convertible. Turquoise and ivory with turquoise vinyl interior. I'm thinking it was a 68.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning, I'm not a car fanatic, but, today, seeing
the era of cars from which I learned to drive, taking off
with my friends to shop and the guys and their hot rods,
from the 60's, really, really, really makes me wish that I
could turn the clock back. ha, ...an old hunk of iron can
me want to do that? My first car was a red '65 Mustang.
I lovd the 65 Mustang ❣❣
First car I bought with my own money was a 56 Chevy for $200.00
Was so proud of that car
My first car was a Ford Falcon convertible. Turquoise and ivory with turquoise vinyl interior. I'm thinking it was a 68.
The by-gone days when cars were built to last ❣
I love the classics 🤗🥰
3 x