Everything Is Fine

Blossom

Re: Everything Is Fine

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
There was a Church potluck at 6 tonight at mine but I couldn’t go with these issues. But I talked to the pastor’s wife & they had several prayer chains for you, Cat, Jewelry Queen, OSOTT and Blossom. I hope you all are taking a few minutes for yourselves tonight & getting a little more rest. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to morning service & be in the prayer circle for everyone. You are never alone ♥️♥️💛
Ginger, you're a sweetheart! With everything you have going on & to think of so many others...well, you're just the best!
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

My heart breaks for all of the suffering our group is going through. Makes me feel guilty about feeling sorry for myself with my little issues.
May God decide you all have been through enough and give you days filled with happiness ONLY 🙏🏻
9 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Thank you Blossom but I think you’re all the best on here. Wonderful friendships & strong bonds have been formed within these forums. I’m blessed for each of you. Vicky, I hope you get to feeling better & I am always here if you want to talk. Your problems are our problems & we will try and help each other. Have a happy Sunday dear friends 💛🌹💛🌹💛
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Thank you Ginger,
I feel better and blessed to have such a caring group. I am just thankful that God gave me something I can cope with.
My dad always told me that no matter what happens, I should say : THANK YOU GOD, because if you look around, it could have been much worse.
9 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Dear Everyone! I wanted to start a new thread to address everyone's concerns for me here and over yonder. Thank you for caring about how I'm doing and please know that I truly didn't mean for anyone to feel badly especially RS. Yes, my feelings were hurt as I felt that she was ignoring my posts cumulative over time - and today it just got to me. For this, I feel silly and to RS I'm sorry. You did nothing wrong - it's me feeling sorry for myself I guess. I'm overwhelmed with my mom at the moment as she was admitted to the hospital late this afternoon to get rehydrated and for tests. She's been fighting an antibiotic resistant bacteria in her kidneys for months now of which I give her IV antibiotics every 8 hours. I have to take the antibiotics out of the fridge 1/2 hour before the infusion then the infusion lasts 1 hour....every 8 hours. So I've been losing sleep and it's just me to do this. She has been combative about going to the hospital and it was tough today getting her to understand she needed to go but her home nurse and I finally said enough and called the ambulance. Im relieved but feel so guilty...really bad.

To RS, I'm sorry to cause you distress as I didn't think my post would make any noise - I really didn't think it have any strength as I didn't think it through. Your kindness to me after the post and from everyone has made me cry.. Thank you all for caring about me and I do feel very very fortunate to find such fine people here. I'm really attached to you all.

I'm very drained right now so I need to sign off and go to bed to be up early. I wish I could hug all of you! Please hang in with me! PS. I truly am going to bed and if any comments - I will get to them sometime tomorrow. xoxo
You just take some time and try to rest as best you
can. You are in our thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻😇💖
7 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
There was a Church potluck at 6 tonight at mine but I couldn’t go with these issues. But I talked to the pastor’s wife & they had several prayer chains for you, Cat, Jewelry Queen, OSOTT and Blossom. I hope you all are taking a few minutes for yourselves tonight & getting a little more rest. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to morning service & be in the prayer circle for everyone. You are never alone ♥️♥️💛
Thank you Ginger. All prayers are appreciated. I speak for all of us.
6 x

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Dear Everyone! I wanted to start a new thread to address everyone's concerns for me here and over yonder. Thank you for caring about how I'm doing and please know that I truly didn't mean for anyone to feel badly especially RS. Yes, my feelings were hurt as I felt that she was ignoring my posts cumulative over time - and today it just got to me. For this, I feel silly and to RS I'm sorry. You did nothing wrong - it's me feeling sorry for myself I guess. I'm overwhelmed with my mom at the moment as she was admitted to the hospital late this afternoon to get rehydrated and for tests. She's been fighting an antibiotic resistant bacteria in her kidneys for months now of which I give her IV antibiotics every 8 hours. I have to take the antibiotics out of the fridge 1/2 hour before the infusion then the infusion lasts 1 hour....every 8 hours. So I've been losing sleep and it's just me to do this. She has been combative about going to the hospital and it was tough today getting her to understand she needed to go but her home nurse and I finally said enough and called the ambulance. Im relieved but feel so guilty...really bad.

To RS, I'm sorry to cause you distress as I didn't think my post would make any noise - I really didn't think it have any strength as I didn't think it through. Your kindness to me after the post and from everyone has made me cry.. Thank you all for caring about me and I do feel very very fortunate to find such fine people here. I'm really attached to you all.

I'm very drained right now so I need to sign off and go to bed to be up early. I wish I could hug all of you! Please hang in with me! PS. I truly am going to bed and if any comments - I will get to them sometime tomorrow. xoxo
OtherSideOfTheTracks, prayers for you & your mother. Hope she's doing better. 💞
OSOTT--I think women put so much pressure on themselves. I have been a guardian and have a lot of experience with the elderly--the fact that you are there and trying to do your best is so much more than many do. I lost my Mother at age 78 and I wish I could have her here now--but when she was dying--no matter what I did, it never felt like it was enough. It can never be enough---but it can be what we have to give. When people get old, they can be a real challenge--between them fighting to survive, to understand what is going on, to be heard, to just vent or act out. It is all part of the process and I always advise my clients who are caretakers--don't forget to take care of you. EVERY care taker needs some space. You need time to recharge. You need to take care of the "mother ship". It is like that cliche that you hear on flights---first put the air mask on yourself before assisting others. There is not enough time in the day nor are their enough pieces to share with all of a woman's duties...the dignity of life sometimes means you have to go against a family members desire to be only in the home...if you are not there because you got ill, yourself, then she would be so much worse off--you are her heart. Try to start every day with at least five minutes of your own thoughts and breathing. It isn't too much to take a little time through the day to "center yourself". And remember if someone is in the process of dementia or is just really not with it due to illness, they can say outrageous things--you have to put a force field around yourself because those comments are not real. Sometimes they are due to chemical changes or just plain old misery.
9 x

Blossom

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

OSOTT--I think women put so much pressure on themselves. I have been a guardian and have a lot of experience with the elderly--the fact that you are there and trying to do your best is so much more than many do. I lost my Mother at age 78 and I wish I could have her here now--but when she was dying--no matter what I did, it never felt like it was enough. It can never be enough---but it can be what we have to give. When people get old, they can be a real challenge--between them fighting to survive, to understand what is going on, to be heard, to just vent or act out. It is all part of the process and I always advise my clients who are caretakers--don't forget to take care of you. EVERY care taker needs some space. You need time to recharge. You need to take care of the "mother ship". It is like that cliche that you hear on flights---first put the air mask on yourself before assisting others. There is not enough time in the day nor are their enough pieces to share with all of a woman's duties...the dignity of life sometimes means you have to go against a family members desire to be only in the home...if you are not there because you got ill, yourself, then she would be so much worse off--you are her heart. Try to start every day with at least five minutes of your own thoughts and breathing. It isn't too much to take a little time through the day to "center yourself". And remember if someone is in the process of dementia or is just really not with it due to illness, they can say outrageous things--you have to put a force field around yourself because those comments are not real. Sometimes they are due to chemical changes or just plain old misery.
Dragonfly! Some thought you had been blocked from the forum, glad you weren't!

Your post just now is sadly too true. All of us would take away all pain, suffering & aging from our loved ones if possible & too many of us know the loss of parents. I know you gave OSOTT the best advice. Well said.
8 x

Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Your post just now is sadly too true. All of us would take away all pain, suffering & aging from our loved ones if possible & too many of us know the loss of parents. I know you gave OSOTT the best advice. Well said.
Blossom--was getting too stressed and gave myself a time out--I have been over at the other site and getting lots of good information. I agree--if we only had a magic wand to make it "all better". I have found that what the elderly and sick treasure is face time. I don't think it has to be very dramatic or exciting--just an engaged presence. I was just thinking the other day about a client I went to see in the rehab--she had quite a bad stroke and she had been such a character--when I walked in to her bedside her eyes just said it all--she couldn't even talk, but her happiness to see me was so obvious it was a great memory for me. So many people don't take time to let the other one know they are appreciated and here was a lady who was very physically compromised and she made ME feel good--the human spirit is remarkable and we just have to take time to enjoy it. I always said that it also helps to have a good sense of humor when you are helping old people--it will absolutely lighten the load! If we can laugh at some of the things that are frightening us or giving us pain, it makes the burden so much easier to handle. At least it does for me. I know it is corny, but I am from Ohio so we are knee deep in corn most of the time! :lol: :lol:
6 x

Blossom

Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Dragonfly wrote:
4 years ago

Blossom--was getting too stressed and gave myself a time out--I have been over at the other site and getting lots of good information. I agree--if we only had a magic wand to make it "all better". I have found that what the elderly and sick treasure is face time. I don't think it has to be very dramatic or exciting--just an engaged presence. I was just thinking the other day about a client I went to see in the rehab--she had quite a bad stroke and she had been such a character--when I walked in to her bedside her eyes just said it all--she couldn't even talk, but her happiness to see me was so obvious it was a great memory for me. So many people don't take time to let the other one know they are appreciated and here was a lady who was very physically compromised and she made ME feel good--the human spirit is remarkable and we just have to take time to enjoy it. I always said that it also helps to have a good sense of humor when you are helping old people--it will absolutely lighten the load! If we can laugh at some of the things that are frightening us or giving us pain, it makes the burden so much easier to handle. At least it does for me. I know it is corny, but I am from Ohio so we are knee deep in corn most of the time! :lol: :lol:
I definitely know about taking a step back because of stress. Like you said, we must take care of ourselves in order to take care of others. You are the perfect person for your occupation! I'm so glad those people have you & it brightens your day when you brighten theirs. It says alot about you!
BTW...loved the corn joke!😄
7 x