Everything Is Fine

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Everything Is Fine

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Angel You are on top of this!

OSOTT

Oh my goodness! Have you gotten any rest while mom was in the hospital? (That sounds horrible but not meant that way). I am, if nothing else, a practical person.

Oh I can relate about the siblings. I have one sister who is the most thoughtful, caring, nurturing, selfless person on the planet IMHO. But her health is failing so all she has is me. It is not bad yet but I see where this is heading. Then I have 3 sisters who would not walk across the street to move a car if it was parked on someone's legs because it might inconvenience them. Well, l one is dead so in fairness she could not if she wanted to. Which she would not.

I will try to write a (hopefully) funny story next week to cheer us all up. Might even work for me. That is all I can do from here.
That is one of the sweetest offers of kindness I've ever had! Writing a story for me? well, "us" - that would be so cool! Yes, please! I need all the creative distractions I can get! You are too kind and thoughtful and it is a gift! Thank you, @JewelryQueen , and I will look forward to it! Have a wonderful day!!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Dear @Gypsy @Blossom @Spooky @Vicky @SueB @Angelflutter @RS @JewelryQueen @Gem Lover @Ginger @Dragonfly@Hot4TENER @Catticus ,

You all are so sweet and thoughtful and I appreciate your support and prayers as it means the world to me and mom. I also read all posts to mother and she just loves the messages and says "how nice" "who is that from?" and loves everyones name. We both truly do appreciate it. Thank you all.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

PS: Please, oh please, know that if I missed mentioning you, I'm terribly sorry as I am adding as I see names but if I missed you, it's my mistake but my thanks and appreciation to you goes deep in my heart!
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago

It's me 99% of the time. 1% is a friend that will run errands for me in a pinch. We have home health that comes 1-2 times a week. I have everything delivered for the most part except her "pill" medicines. I have groceries delivered to me but I still run out for some perishables when I have to go to Walgreens. I have a sister and brother who can't be bothered. :roll:
[/quote Mom has her pill meds delivered by Humana. Their prices are better than CVS. I can get you that info. They deliver a 90 day supply. Mom had home health aide twice a week, physical, occupational and speech therapist and a nurse for 30 days. That was all Medicare paid for. Luckily the health department here comes to the house weekly to draw her blood for her Coumadin test. The blood draw is free, the hospital lab bills us $30.00 a month. But, when she was going to the Coumadin lab at the hospital where she used to live.... they charged $220.00. I am doing everything that all of those people did. Don't want mom to relapse.[/color]]

It's such a shame that drug prices fluctuate so wildly from place to place and it's not right imo. Mom is on Eliquis for her blood thinner and fortunately, you don't have to monitor her blood like Coumadin. Perhaps ask your doctor about Eliquis if it's an option, then you won't have to do the blood draws. Mom still pays for health insurance that is through the State Employee Board of which where my dad worked (for the State) and then Medicare kicks in for the rest. However, her nurse comes out once or twice a week but when she comes back home from the hospital, she will get physical therapy and occupational therapy added on (she's done it in the past as well) too which mom hates. Mom doesn't want to be bothered lol. A revolving door of people and it can get old - but it's necessary. Thanks for sharing your experience Angel, as it means a lot to me. I appreciate the conversation so much!

I am with you on the revolving door of people. Between all of her therapists, aides and her nurses..... I had 2 or 3 people in there every day except for Sundays. I was not getting any sleep. Mom having accidents during the night. Taking care of all household tasks. Making sure mom was up when her therapists got here. Don't get me wrong. I appreciated each and every one if them..... but my Lord..... it took a toll on me. Hubs and I are private people and don't entertain visitors with the exception of my mom, his son, and his sister and brother in law. It was quite possibly the first time I had ever had panic attacks. I like my house clean and organized. Hubs says I'm OCD about it. Here I am trying to rearrange to accommodate mom's furniture she wanted to keep here. Moving clothing out of closets and drawers to everybody's new rooms. Piles of laundry. Moms....... didn't know what was clean and what was dirty...made several piles and washed my way through them. Just everything that in my eyes is irritating. Nothing was where it needed to be. Not to mention my BO from not showering / bathing for days at a time. The longest I went without one was 8 days...... I just TOTALLY felt like an overwhelmed failure. Embarrassed to have people in my house. Looked like I was a major slob..... but I was busting my a $$ 21 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sleep.... forgot what the he!! that was. Just I got everything organized and got pretty good at setting a schedule..... hubs gets sick. He's been home a week and a half. Still very sick. But, I am doing okay. Getting better with schedule / time management..... or so I thought. To all of you taking care of someone... BLESS YOU !!!!! There are a lot of us on this forum that have found ourselves doing it. I don't want to mention names for fear I might forget one and offend someone. You all deserve a pat on the back. This in NOT the quiet retirement we had all looked forward to. He!!, I wasn't planning on retiring for another 3 to 4 years. But fate dealt me a hand that forced me into retirement. It's a hard sometimes thankless undertaking. But our reward will be on the other side of the horizon. For those of you that have not been told Thanks....... Thank You. I know some family members may not be able to verbalize it to you.....but they want you to know that they do thank you. Peace out.......
4 x

Angelflutter

BTW.... casseroles and crock pot have become my best friends. But, yeh.... I do cool full course meals.... occasionally.
2 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

I cannot imagine having a schedule like yours, @Angelflutter. I wish I lived near to you so I could help you and your family! You are in my prayers, too!

Reading about everyone's medical problems reminded me of an older friend who was caring for a husband with Parkinson's, and a rebellious teenage granddaughter! Her husband started hearing voices, and other weird stuff. I wondered if she ever checked online to see if his ridiculous amount of medications were compatible with each other. She said the doctor does that! I asked how many doctors write prescriptions for him, and it was several! I asked her to bring all of his bottles to me at her computer, and I typed them into myrx dot com (I think). It turned out there was a huge conflict between two of his meds, and that is what was causing the voices! She got in to see that doctor right away, and it made all the difference. I wondered if you have done that for your mom, and husband?

I know! I'm a hypocrite for adding another task to your already overwhelming list, but I just thought about Barbara and her husband! She thought the doctors and pharmacy were taking care of that for her, and it had slipped through the cracks! I'd hate to see that happen to you! Perhaps a good friend could do it for you? Once you enter in each medication, you can save the list, and modify it as things change. They keep the lists available online for years! Another of my 2 cents!
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago
I cannot imagine having a schedule like yours, @Angelflutter. I wish I lived near to you so I could help you and your family! You are in my prayers, too!

Reading about everyone's medical problems reminded me of an older friend who was caring for a husband with Parkinson's, and a rebellious teenage granddaughter! Her husband started hearing voices, and other weird stuff. I wondered if she ever checked online to see if his ridiculous amount of medications were compatible with each other. She said the doctor does that! I asked how many doctors write prescriptions for him, and it was several! I asked her to bring all of his bottles to me at her computer, and I typed them into myrx dot com (I think). It turned out there was a huge conflict between two of his meds, and that is what was causing the voices! She got in to see that doctor right away, and it made all the difference. I wondered if you have done that for your mom, and husband?

I know! I'm a hypocrite for adding another task to your already overwhelming list, but I just thought about Barbara and her husband! She thought the doctors and pharmacy were taking care of that for her, and it had slipped through the cracks! I'd hate to see that happen to you! Perhaps a good friend could do it for you? Once you enter in each medication, you can save the list, and modify it as things change. They keep the lists available online for years! Another of my 2 cents!
Hey..HayHay,
I think that's great advice! Many medications have interactions w/others (incluing OTC). Even though you'd expect docs & pharmacists to keep up, you can't count on it. Everyone needs to be their own advocate or have someone that is willing to take the time & effort.
4 x

Angelflutter

Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago

I know! I'm a hypocrite for adding another task to your already overwhelming list, but I just thought about Barbara and her husband! She thought the doctors and pharmacy were taking care of that for her, and it had slipped through the cracks! I'd hate to see that happen to you! Perhaps a good friend could do it for you? Once you enter in each medication, you can save the list, and modify it as things change. They keep the lists available online for years! Another of my 2 ce@Angelflutter
A good 2 cents ibdeed. Mom's meds are fine. I have been hubs's advocate. I will bring this up again. Can anyone tell my why I have a blue banner showing up with my Angel flutter name rolling across the bottom of my post as I am typing this. Never had it befire. Sometimes it jumps up over my typing so I can't see what I am typing.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Hayhaypaula wrote:
4 years ago

I know! I'm a hypocrite for adding another task to your already overwhelming list, but I just thought about Barbara and her husband! She thought the doctors and pharmacy were taking care of that for her, and it had slipped through the cracks! I'd hate to see that happen to you! Perhaps a good friend could do it for you? Once you enter in each medication, you can save the list, and modify it as things change. They keep the lists available online for years! Another of my 2 ce@Angelflutter
A good 2 cents ibdeed. Mom's meds are fine. I have been hubs's advocate. I will bring this up again. Can anyone tell my why I have a blue banner showing up with my Angel flutter name rolling across the bottom of my post as I am typing this. Never had it befire. Sometimes it jumps up over my typing so I can't see what I am typing.

That's happened to me before but it was always the last post that I'm quoting. Like right now your name Angelflutter is popping up everywhere as I type this! Don't know why!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

HayHay

Just an FYI for anyone with a friend or relative with Parkinson's Disease. It is not always a drug interaction. Voices and hallucinations can be a symptom of the the disease itself.
4 x