Everything Is Fine

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Everything Is Fine

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Please start a blog on the other side about the funny / frustrating things about caring for others. We have all become wonderful friends. We are so supportive of each other. When people face these circumstances and need advice ..... people either have to pay big bucks for therapy like this often talking to some 24 year old therapist just out of school, who has no clue what you are going through or facing these things alone with no one to vent to or laugh about the funny stuff with. I'm afraid ShopLC will decide to stop hosting our pity parties otherwise known as our support group. Just make it about caring where we can discuss the good and bad. It would be so much appreciated. Ya'll up for it. Please wait awhile and start it later so we can get Gemsnob and others you want to invite included off of shoplc's space. Don't want to leave any of our friends behind. Just a quick question about over there..... can the ascending / descending be changed so that the older messages are on the bottom and as each new message is added it goes on top. It sure takes up time scrolling down to see the newest messages. Just wondering if that was a possibility. Sometimes it just is what it us. I know you are still in the process. I am not complaining. You are doing a great job, and are trying to figure it out as you go. I am still AMAZED at how fast ya'll got Gem Lovers Unite up and running.
Yes, that can be changed no problem! I'll work on that. I haven't been there but for a short while but I will tomorrow! Yes, that would make things a lot easier!
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Mom's Infectious Disease doctor just came in and told us that he had the results of her culture and she has two different, highly resistant, bacteria and only one type of antibiotic will work to rid of it. If this doesn't work - then I don't know treatment and he didn't have a good answer as to what to do if this doesn't get rid of it....he just said, lets try this and worry about that if it happens. I'm praying this new antibiotic will work. He's continuing another antibiotic that she has been taking by IV for weeks as well. It looks like she will be released Saturday or Sunday depending on how she tolerates this new antibiotic which begins tonight. I pray it works.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

OSOTT

We are all with you on this one. Do you have any support system for when she is home recovering?

My, we are one beat up group here.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Mom's Infectious Disease doctor just came in and told us that he had the results of her culture and she has two different, highly resistant, bacteria and only one type of antibiotic will work to rid of it. If this doesn't work - then I don't know treatment and he didn't have a good answer as to what to do if this doesn't get rid of it....he just said, lets try this and worry about that if it happens. I'm praying this new antibiotic will work. He's continuing another antibiotic that she has been taking by IV for weeks as well. It looks like she will be released Saturday or Sunday depending on how she tolerates this new antibiotic which begins tonight. I pray it works.
I pray too that it will work. I know it's easier said than done to not worry...what if? But we are all sending positive thoughts to you & your mom that finally the answer has been found.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
OSOTT

We are all with you on this one. Do you have any support system for when she is home recovering?

It's me 99% of the time. 1% is a friend that will run errands for me in a pinch. We have home health that comes 1-2 times a week. I have everything delivered for the most part except her "pill" medicines. I have groceries delivered to me but I still run out for some perishables when I have to go to Walgreens. I have a sister and brother who can't be bothered. :roll:
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
OSOTT

It's me 99% of the time. 1% is a friend that will run errands for me in a pinch. We have home health that comes 1-2 times a week. I have everything delivered for the most part except her "pill" medicines. I have groceries delivered to me but I still run out for some perishables when I have to go to Walgreens. I have a sister and brother who can't be bothered. :roll:
[/quote Mom has her pill meds delivered by Humana. Their prices are better than CVS. I can get you that info. They deliver a 90 day supply. Mom had home health aide twice a week, physical, occupational and speech therapist and a nurse for 30 days. That was all Medicare paid for. Luckily the health department here comes to the house weekly to draw her blood for her Coumadin test. The blood draw is free, the hospital lab bills us $30.00 a month. But, when she was going to the Coumadin lab at the hospital where she used to live.... they charged $220.00. I am doing everything that all of those people did. Don't want mom to relapse.]
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Angel You are on top of this!

OSOTT

Oh my goodness! Have you gotten any rest while mom was in the hospital? (That sounds horrible but not meant that way). I am, if nothing else, a practical person.

Oh I can relate about the siblings. I have one sister who is the most thoughtful, caring, nurturing, selfless person on the planet IMHO. But her health is failing so all she has is me. It is not bad yet but I see where this is heading. Then I have 3 sisters who would not walk across the street to move a car if it was parked on someone's legs because it might inconvenience them. Well, l one is dead so in fairness she could not if she wanted to. Which she would not.

I will try to write a (hopefully) funny story next week to cheer us all up. Might even work for me. That is all I can do from here.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@OSOTT

I dont have the flair of Jewelry Queen to write fabulous stories, but I will continue to pray for you and your mom 🙏💜 if you need to simply vent know that we are here for you and willing to listen whenever you need us. Please dont forget to take care of YOU ❣ Gypsy
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

4 years ago
Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Please start a blog on the other side about the funny / frustrating things about caring for others. We have all become wonderful friends. We are so supportive of each other. When people face these circumstances and need advice ..... people either have to pay big bucks for therapy like this often talking to some 24 year old therapist just out of school, who has no clue what you are going through or facing these things alone with no one to vent to or laugh about the funny stuff with. I'm afraid ShopLC will decide to stop hosting our pity parties otherwise known as our support group. Just make it about caring where we can discuss the good and bad. It would be so much appreciated. Ya'll up for it. Please wait awhile and start it later so we can get Gemsnob and others you want to invite included off of shoplc's space. Don't want to leave any of our friends behind. Just a quick question about over there..... can the ascending / descending be changed so that the older messages are on the bottom and as each new message is added it goes on top. It sure takes up time scrolling down to see the newest messages. Just wondering if that was a possibility. Sometimes it just is what it us. I know you are still in the process. I am not complaining. You are doing a great job, and are trying to figure it out as you go. I am still AMAZED at how fast ya'll got Gem Lovers Unite up and running.
Yes, that can be changed no problem! I'll work on that. I haven't been there but for a short while but I will tomorrow! Yes, that would make things a lot easier!
I changed posts so the older messages are on the bottom..... Let me know if you see it like that too. On my end, it changed.
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
OSOTT

[/quote Mom has her pill meds delivered by Humana. Their prices are better than CVS. I can get you that info. They deliver a 90 day supply. Mom had home health aide twice a week, physical, occupational and speech therapist and a nurse for 30 days. That was all Medicare paid for. Luckily the health department here comes to the house weekly to draw her blood for her Coumadin test. The blood draw is free, the hospital lab bills us $30.00 a month. But, when she was going to the Coumadin lab at the hospital where she used to live.... they charged $220.00. I am doing everything that all of those people did. Don't want mom to relapse.[/color]]

It's such a shame that drug prices fluctuate so wildly from place to place and it's not right imo. Mom is on Eliquis for her blood thinner and fortunately, you don't have to monitor her blood like Coumadin. Perhaps ask your doctor about Eliquis if it's an option, then you won't have to do the blood draws. Mom still pays for health insurance that is through the State Employee Board of which where my dad worked (for the State) and then Medicare kicks in for the rest. However, her nurse comes out once or twice a week but when she comes back home from the hospital, she will get physical therapy and occupational therapy added on (she's done it in the past as well) too which mom hates. Mom doesn't want to be bothered lol. A revolving door of people and it can get old - but it's necessary. Thanks for sharing your experience Angel, as it means a lot to me. I appreciate the conversation so much!
3 x