Shattuckite

RS

Re: Shattuckite

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Well again, it was supposed to last longer than they have. They DID shorten the event because they didn’t get enough stock in.

No surprise
True. I expected that also because I only saw a few pieces this morning. There are 2 pendants that I'm interested in. Will have to see what the price drops to because I saw the reg shoplc price also.
I never saw them online so I have no idea. To me it looks like Chrysocolla without green. I ordered one ring of that and it was a muddy yuck.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Well again, it was supposed to last longer than they have. They DID shorten the event because they didn’t get enough stock in.

No surprise
True. I expected that also because I only saw a few pieces this morning. There are 2 pendants that I'm interested in. Will have to see what the price drops to because I saw the reg shoplc price also.
I never saw them online so I have no idea. To me it looks like Chrysocolla without green. I ordered one ring of that and it was a muddy yuck.
Yeah that's why I wanted to see live presentation, there are some pendants online that have alot of greens and even abit of red. They seem much "brighter" something to think about and search for
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

They said this is malachite and what? The J network sells Azurmalachite. Its azurite and malachite. Is this the same? I know Im late to the party but I did hear Tenner say "world premiere".
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
They said this is malachite and what? The J network sells Azurmalachite. Its azurite and malachite. Is this the same? I know Im late to the party but I did hear Tenner say "world premiere".
I didn’t hear other than “part malachite”

I plan on ordering that Azure-malachite from J. I love it. Maybe today!

SLC certainly has done nothing to keep me here.
4 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I think it looks a lot like Chrysacolla. I missed the first hour. I may or may not order a piece. I would like a cross, emailed the hosts to ask if they have one, waiting for a response.
2 x

Gypsy

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
I think it looks a lot like Chrysacolla. I missed the first hour. I may or may not order a piece. I would like a cross, emailed the hosts to ask if they have one, waiting for a response.
I saw inventory early this morning

There was no cross shown
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

The Azurmalachite on "J" looks beautiful and I'm shopping! The shattuckite I see here looks ugly to me especially if you enlarge it.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Did a little research on this gemstone. It is a copper based mineral that usually pseudomorphs from Azurite, Malachite or blue-green Chrysocolla. Pseudomorph is the atom by atom replacement of one mineral by another. In terms of looks think of Ametrine without the straight line separation between the Shattuckite and the Malachite (most often) in the Arizona mine. This occurs in a mine in Africa too but is called by a different name.
4 x

Gypsy

I didnt purchase anything today
And I've already seen much prettier pendants online for much less $$. I'm going to check online for more options
3 x