Shattuckite

Gypsy

Shattuckite

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to this presentation. American mined gemstones is something that I've been wanting SLC to feature more of . Shattuckite sounds pretty and upon hearing that it was mined around Bisbee, Arizona brought back sweet memories of my hubby and I "tramping " around the area ❣
5 x

Gypsy

Re: Shattuckite

I did a little reading on this gemstone and it seems it's only a 3.5 on mohs scale. ☹ so if I purchase anything it will be in a pendant. Dont think I'd try a ring
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I've never even heard of it but always like to see something I have never seen before! I do think a pendant is the way to go though.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Gypsy

I keep checking SLC inventory for the Shattuckite but it's still showing nothing in inventory ☹ I'm hoping it's just to keep it from selling early.
This looks like such a pretty gem and it's the first one in a long time that I've been anxiously waiting for presentation.
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I'm looking forward to this presentation. American mined gemstones is something that I've been wanting SLC to feature more of . Shattuckite sounds pretty and upon hearing that it was mined around Bisbee, Arizona brought back sweet memories of my hubby and I "tramping " around the area ❣
I saw the previews. It looks like a beautiful stone. I hope I can find something I like in my price range. I for sure will be watching. I love my blue and purple stones. Whether they be gemstones or rocks. I love rocks. They go with my boho style in clothing. I just started getting into the rocks a couple of years ago. I just ordered 2 Abalone necklaces yesterday and an Abalone bracelet today. The first ever. Though I have admired it through the years. These are my only she'll items except for an Amolite ring abd bracelet. ( I think it's Amolite.... I always get Amolite and Amonite mixed up.)
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I did a little reading on this gemstone and it seems it's only a 3.5 on mohs scale. ☹ so if I purchase anything it will be in a pendant. Dont think I'd try a ring
Thank you for the Moh's rating. Looks like I will me getting a pendant as well, or possibly a smaller stoned ring for my pinkie.
4 x

Gypsy

@Angelflutter

I wear alot of Bali Abalone Shell pieces people stop and compliment me everytime I wear . I love big dangle earrings and the pendants.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gypsy

There are some decent size pendants on Amazon for $25 to $35 and some are free shipping
4 x

Gypsy

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy

There are some decent size pendants on Amazon for $25 to $35 and some are free shipping

Thank you ❗ I will take a look 🤗
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
I saw the previews. It looks like a beautiful stone. I hope I can find something I like in my price range. I for sure will be watching. I love my blue and purple stones. Whether they be gemstones or rocks. I love rocks. They go with my boho style in clothing. I just started getting into the rocks a couple of years ago. I just ordered 2 Abalone necklaces yesterday and an Abalone bracelet today. The first ever. Though I have admired it through the years. These are my only she'll items except for an Amolite ring abd bracelet. ( I think it's Amolite.... I always get Amolite and Amonite mixed up.)
Amonite is the "animal" , remember the "n". Thats how I do it. Amonite is the shell where the animal lived while amolite is a pretty piece of the shell. If I can remember the "n" in amonite I can tell them apart.
4 x