can't offer free shipping? POPPYCOCK

scoobydoo

can't offer free shipping? POPPYCOCK

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

In another discussion (now closed by the mods), the moderator said "sorry, we can't offer free shipping." Well, folks, go check their store on e-Bay ... they offer not only free shipping but free returns on ALL items. So, even if an item appears to have a higher initial price (not always), the free ship/return feature certainly makes up for it. Especially if you're interested in more than one item!!

Alternatively, they could do like their competitors or even other eBay sellers and offer (a) reduced shipping on items after the first; (b) free shipping on orders totalling some set amount; (c) a set shipping charge, even if slightly higher than 2.99, for a 24-hr period; ... the possibilities are endless. And moderators, don't bother to talk about the shipping "bundle" you offer ... that's $30 and is ridiculous!
14 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: can't offer free shipping? POPPYCOCK

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are not able to offer free shipping on ALL of our products. We do offer free shipping from time to time either on select pieces or for orders placed during a certain timeframe. Items listed off of our main site may have shipping costs as well as listing fees combined into the price.
0 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
In another discussion (now closed by the mods), the moderator said "sorry, we can't offer free shipping." Well, folks, go check their store on e-Bay ... they offer not only free shipping but free returns on ALL items. So, even if an item appears to have a higher initial price (not always), the free ship/return feature certainly makes up for it. Especially if you're interested in more than one item!!

Alternatively, they could do like their competitors or even other eBay sellers and offer (a) reduced shipping on items after the first; (b) free shipping on orders totalling some set amount; (c) a set shipping charge, even if slightly higher than 2.99, for a 24-hr period; ... the possibilities are endless. And moderators, don't bother to talk about the shipping "bundle" you offer ... that's $30 and is ridiculous!
Have you noticed they snuck the Under 10 Friday shipping up to $2.99?
Let's recap
TLV used to be Free Shipping
Under $10 was $1.99
S-T was $2.49
Now everything is $2.99
Even when you buy a $3.99 clearance item.
Not even going to mention all the $3.99 $4.99 $7.99 shipping prices.
Now when I buy I have to double check the shipping costs first.
:?
7 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago

Have you noticed they snuck the Under 10 Friday shipping up to $2.99?
Let's recap
TLV used to be Free Shipping
Under $10 was $1.99
S-T was $2.49
Now everything is $2.99
Even when you buy a $3.99 clearance item.
Not even going to mention all the $3.99 $4.99 $7.99 shipping prices.
Now when I buy I have to double check the shipping costs first.
:?
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize, however due to rising shipping costs, we unfortunately had to stop offering the $1.99 standard shipping rate more than a year ago. For a while we offered $2.49 shipping on Fridays, but again, due to rising shipping costs, we were not able to continue to offer the lower rate on Fridays.

Non-jewelry items are subject to a higher shipping cost due to weight/size and we do disclose the shipping for these items when they are on air, and the shipping will appear in your cart online.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Goodness knows that there has been much to offer complaints about lately and much of it from me. But I must say that the shipping here at SLC is not one of them, for me. They still offer the lowest shipping other than “A” (Prime members) I understand that costs do go up, even in shipping. The retailer cannot be expected to absorb all cost increases.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

There is another network I shop at and they have free shipping a few days a week when you shop online with them, it is a perk to shopping online rather than ordering on the phone, phone orders still pay shipping unless they state an item is free.
6 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
There is another network I shop at and they have free shipping a few days a week when you shop online with them, it is a perk to shopping online rather than ordering on the phone, phone orders still pay shipping unless they state an item is free.
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will certainly bring this up with our Voice of the Customer team, who will address it with the proper people. Thank you so much for being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize, however due to rising shipping costs, we unfortunately had to stop offering the $1.99 standard shipping rate more than a year ago. For a while we offered $2.49 shipping on Fridays, but again, due to rising shipping costs, we were not able to continue to offer the lower rate on Fridays.

Non-jewelry items are subject to a higher shipping cost due to weight/size and we do disclose the shipping for these items when they are on air, and the shipping will appear in your cart online.
Excuse me, LC, rising shipping costs? No other site or store is currently raising their shipping costs. You could offset any supposed shipping hike by:
--reducing the number of hosts you now employ (I'm sure your salary wages have hiked tremendously!)
--quit doing every segment with TWO hosts; that's totally unnecessary
--quit having so many set designs and set changes; totally unnecssary
--get rid of "models" when the hosts can show off the jewelry better than the models

Don't forget, you offer free shipping AND free returns on all your eBay items! (Also on your Amazon items??)

At the very least, for online orders you should get rid of shipping or significantly lower it. There's no customer rep dealing with that, so no employee salary to pay.
5 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago

Excuse me, LC, rising shipping costs? No other site or store is currently raising their shipping costs. You could offset any supposed shipping hike by:
--reducing the number of hosts you now employ (I'm sure your salary wages have hiked tremendously!)
--quit doing every segment with TWO hosts; that's totally unnecessary
--quit having so many set designs and set changes; totally unnecssary
--get rid of "models" when the hosts can show off the jewelry better than the models

Don't forget, you offer free shipping AND free returns on all your eBay items! (Also on your Amazon items??)

At the very least, for online orders you should get rid of shipping or significantly lower it. There's no customer rep dealing with that, so no employee salary to pay.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. We will make sure that they are passed along to our dedicated Voice of the Customer and get addressed with the right people. Thank you again for your input and being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x

Marg

Post by Marg » 4 years ago

Thankx for the ebay tip. I found my reusable bages for 4.69 and free shipping. Since i live in Canada i pay 7.99 for each order. Ouch!! The rates went up January 2019. I love shoplc and i feel like a trader going to another site.
2 x