Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash

Angelflutter

Re: Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

:o Such a shock. He certainly was an inspiration. Prayers to his family. I feel so sorry for his daughters loosing both their dad and sister. I am saddened beyond words. :cry:
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Beyond tragic! There are no words...😢💔💔💔 Sending prayers and strength to Vanessa and the three remaining daughters...Capri is only 7 months and will never know her wonderful Daddy! He had so much more living to do at 41! Also sending prayers and strength to the other families involved. I love to fly...used to fly a Cessna, but I never trusted helicopters...they are the motorcycles of the sky! Far too dangerous! Saw a horrible motorcycle crash last night too! Ughhhhhh!
Helicopters are not aerodynamic. Hubby always says they beat the air into submission in order to “fly”.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Tell your husband I TOTALLY agree with him!!!!! My daughter at one time decided to be a helicopter pilot with the thought of doing it as a career. I white knuckled it the year or so she was doing flight training. She changed her mind which I consider a blessing from above.

Now understand we are a flying family. My grandfather loved airplanes (and motorcycles) and was one h*ll of a pilot and mechanic. He had an opportunity to be half owner with his friend who started what became Alaska Air. He admired Mac's flying skills but his business sense not so much. Bad call. At one time he was a test driver for Ford and when they first started making "sleek" designs in cars to improve speed by reducing drag he told the powers that be that they had the perfect airfoil and that if the car went fast enough it would lift off the ground and try to fly. Sure enough! Hence the spoiler was added.

Back in the day there was a division of the Girl Scouts called Wing Scouts. Sissy and I were Wing Scouts and took ground school and basic plane maintenance. Our scout leader's husband was a flight instructor and my boyfriend's dad flew the local mail route and let me fly with him so I got a LOT of air time in small planes. Sissy and I had the honor of being our state's representatives to the National Scout Convention in 1968.

My ex-son-in-law is a private pilot. M adrenaline junky son skydives (although why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane eludes me).

But helicopters NO NO NO!! If something goes wrong in a plane you at least have a chance.

RIP to Kobe and the others who lost their lives.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

So sad! Rest in peace Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna and the other victims of this tragic accident. May God comforts their families and friends. 😢
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Tell your husband I TOTALLY agree with him!!!!! My daughter at one time decided to be a helicopter pilot with the thought of doing it as a career. I white knuckled it the year or so she was doing flight training. She changed her mind which I consider a blessing from above.

Now understand we are a flying family. My grandfather loved airplanes (and motorcycles) and was one h*ll of a pilot and mechanic. He had an opportunity to be half owner with his friend who started what became Alaska Air. He admired Mac's flying skills but his business sense not so much. Bad call. At one time he was a test driver for Ford and when they first started making "sleek" designs in cars to improve speed by reducing drag he told the powers that be that they had the perfect airfoil and that if the car went fast enough it would lift off the ground and try to fly. Sure enough! Hence the spoiler was added.

Back in the day there was a division of the Girl Scouts called Wing Scouts. Sissy and I were Wing Scouts and took ground school and basic plane maintenance. Our scout leader's husband was a flight instructor and my boyfriend's dad flew the local mail route and let me fly with him so I got a LOT of air time in small planes. Sissy and I had the honor of being our state's representatives to the National Scout Convention in 1968.

My ex-son-in-law is a private pilot. M adrenaline junky son skydives (although why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane eludes me).

But helicopters NO NO NO!! If something goes wrong in a plane you at least have a chance.

My goodness JewelryQueen! Your life experiences simply astound me! It would be easier to ask what you haven't done!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Well I guess lots 'o stuff happens in about 70 years. But I feel blessed to have had an amazing life good and bad. But this post gave me inspiration so my next "tale" will probably be about that convention of '68 if y'all aren't fed up with my stories yet.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago

I get the whole “flying family”. I mean being married to a man who always says “a pilot isn’t what I do...it’s who I am”. He has been flying since he was 11. I wasn’t even born yet!

He’s done a lot i his career as well, I guess it goes with the territory ‘eh?

His dad was a pilot as well and was one of the original designers of UNIVAC. I’ve only ever seen pictures of those or them in movies. Hubby had been around them a lot when he was young.

Hubby would never jump out of a completely good aircraft, he says that too!
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Well I guess lots 'o stuff happens in about 70 years. But I feel blessed to have had an amazing life good and bad. But this post gave me inspiration so my next "tale" will probably be about that convention of '68 if y'all aren't fed up with my stories yet.
Well I'm not that much younger than you (even though I always say "I'm not as old as I feel") but my life adventures are not entertaining.

I'll never be fed up with your stories & look forward to reading about the '68 convention when you can fit it in between your adventures!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Not that many adventures these days as I can't drive; life is slowing down and a lot of my companions in crime are fading away. AND some of these experiences were not all that entertaining at the time! The rear view mirror shows a whole different perspective. The spirit is still willing though so we will see! I'll let 1968 churn around in my memory and something should pop out fully formed in a few days for my number one fan.
4 x