Color change garnet ring

CJM

Color change garnet ring

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I bought a ring from the last show, I’ve never bought color change garnet before. I’m very disappointed in my purchase. The stones are dirty brown in normal light, in sunlight or bright light they’re brownish green. Is that what I should expect? It reminds me of andalusite, which at this point, I like much better. I love garnet but not this one.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Color change garnet ring

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

You must have received a crappy grade of color change garnet. The one I have is a peachy pink color with green and yellow overtones appearing in a different light source. I am so sorry that you got such a disappointing stone,
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I bought a ring from the last show, I’ve never bought color change garnet before. I’m very disappointed in my purchase. The stones are dirty brown in normal light, in sunlight or bright light they’re brownish green. Is that what I should expect? It reminds me of andalusite, which at this point, I like much better. I love garnet but not this one.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your post. I deeply apologize that you were disappointed with your purchase. Please reach out to me directly at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with the order information so I can help make this right. Thank you so much again for your post, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
3 x

CJM

Hi Preston. Thank you for reaching out to me. I’m going to give it a chance. I’m trying it in different lighting and I see some of the color it should show. Sounds strange but sometimes rings grow on you. It’s different than what I expected If anything I’ll return and order a demantoid garnet instead. Have a good evening!
4 x

CJM

Thanks jewelryqueen for the info. I do see pink in the stones. Different light source than I used earlier. These stones are really strange. If sun is brighter tomorrow I’ll decide if keep or return.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

You are welcome. Just as an aside, with this gemstone I find the smaller stones seem to have a better color. I like my cluster ring even better than the ring I got my sissy that has a larger stone. Personal preference I suppose.
2 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

I’ve a cluster w/ tiny stones that’s almost gold inside and green outdoorand the prettiest pink under flame( they are small rounds and very sparkly & 2 flower design was my first & favorite )... I’ve another that’s pink brown indoors and very Pink under flame( this ones my daughters saving for my granddaughter) and the channel set one I have to remember my girl has the 3 colors too! You can get even different colors under different lighting indoors too!!! All bought here! HIGHER grade can be blue too!!! I think is my favorite garnet also!
4 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I have some good color change garnets (smaller stones) that I've had for a long time, and they actually change from purplish to green. I bought them elsewhere. The ones I've received from LC are very different. They only change from pink to brown. I don't like them at all, especially when they are brown. One thing you need to remember is what they show on TV is not real life. When they use the lighter, you actually see a reflection of the flame on the stone, so it's impossible to see what the actual color is......and who walks around holding a candle or a lighter? Other times when they use the flashlight, they have it set on black light (ultraviolet), so unless you're going to the disco, you won't see that duplicated at home.
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The J channel also sells color change garnet or as they call it color shift, I have never bought any but if you like it you might want to check it out.
1 x