Montana Sapphire

What-a-gem

Montana Sapphire

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Received my Montana Sapphire ring today. It arrived in great shape and I like the setting. Color is the most important thing though, and I am torn. It’s not as blue as I would like it to be. Not sure how deep or bright of a blue it should be. Hmmm..would like to hear from others, if you bought one, and what are your thoughts?
3 x

RS

Re: Montana Sapphire

Post by RS » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Received my Montana Sapphire ring today. It arrived in great shape and I like the setting. Color is the most important thing though, and I am torn. It’s not as blue as I would like it to be. Not sure how deep or bright of a blue it should be. Hmmm..would like to hear from others, if you bought one, and what are your thoughts?
I posted about mine with other SLC items I received. I like the style. Mine also are not as blue, nor as clear as presented. I also have a brown zircon in amongst the other clear ones.
It is going back.
At $149.99 I would have expected a bit better.

Which one did you get?
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I was thinking of getting this Sapphire. Now because of your reviews, it's possible that I won't get one.
3 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Hi RS,
My ring is #3538717..the more I look at it, the more it looks like blue topaz. I was hoping that it was going to look more like Ceylon :D
Geez, you got a brown zircon in your setting? That’s disappointing.
So what are you thinking about these Kanchanaburi sapphires today? I was hoping that they would be more transparent. I got a beautiful one with diamonds years ago from Penney’s.
Their prices seem to be incredibly low for the carat size. Are ya buying any? This is my daughter’s birthstone.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Hi RS,
My ring is #3538717..the more I look at it, the more it looks like blue topaz. I was hoping that it was going to look more like Ceylon :D
Geez, you got a brown zircon in your setting? That’s disappointing.
So what are you thinking about these Kanchanaburi sapphires today? I was hoping that they would be more transparent. I got a beautiful one with diamonds years ago from Penney’s.
Their prices seem to be incredibly low for the carat size. Are ya buying any? This is my daughter’s birthstone.
That is a pretty ring. I almost got that one but decided on the cluster ring they had. And yeah I am bummed.
I posted about my items in CS and have received no response...oh well.

I just posted about the sapphires. I don’t like them. Opaque and so dark.

They are the stone for the month hubby and I were married. I have many sapphires and they are dark but not opaque.

I am not buying any of these here today. I was hoping for nicer pieces.
2 x