lay off the hosts

JewelryQueen

lay off the hosts

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I KNOW I will take a lot of flack for this BUT-- the hosts don't play the fake mistake price game or the "I will get special dispensation to lower the price" game because they want to. They are TOLD to do this. The timing is even in their script. If they want a job they have to do this. They are the wrong ones to get the brunt of this. Swipe at management not them.
15 x

RS

Re: lay off the hosts

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I KNOW I will take a lot of flack for this BUT-- the hosts don't play the fake mistake price game or the "I will get special dispensation to lower the price" game because they want to. They are TOLD to do this. The timing is even in their script. If they want a job they have to do this. They are the wrong ones to get the brunt of this. Swipe at management not them.
I agree. I complain about the price games but the complaints are always directed towards the powers that be.

Huzzah!!!
9 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Maybe its true, maybe its not as not all the hosts participate in this behavior. Katie doesnt. Pieter doesnt. Maybe some think its fun while others just have ethics. Maybe some do it to pass time or to make more sales. Whatever the case, its not an excuse to say " but its my job".
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe its true, maybe its not as not all the hosts participate in this behavior. Katie doesnt. Pieter doesnt. Maybe some think its fun while others just have ethics. Maybe some do it to pass time or to make more sales. Whatever the case, its not an excuse to say " but its my job".
I’ve seen both Katie and Pieter do it too.
I do think it’s part of their “job description” and they must agree to it and other things upon hiring. Sure...they can say “I refuse because it’s unethical”...and I think some have left over that issue.

I would never do anything I thought was unethical just because I was told it was my job( I have been asked to do just that and quit over it) I would find another one.
6 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

When I watch LIVE on my laptop - on the left side of the screen is
an item description and how to order. Also the price. Well, it's
as if the producer is in charge of the time spent on each item and
I think it's the producers or directors job to alot that time and cue
the hosts when to lower. I can see the hosts go on about an item
and look for that cue. FOR MOST ITEMS. I don't know whose wise
idea it is to spend half hour to an hour on an item along with fake
clocks and final, final, final, finally final price.

then there is the I'll give you my code, the call from the president
that never sleeps, and I am going to get into soooo much trouble.
8 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen When I read the subject line, I got a completely different message.......I'm glad I checked more closely to see what this is really about! :shock:
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

OOOOPS! So you thought I wanted them fired? Double no to that.

Overall I think they do a decent job for the system they have to work within. Very occasionally I see some misinformation put out but I don't think it is intentional--at least most of the time.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Its hard to believe that Tenner doesn't set up this price mistake game by himself and producer Matt. He often doesn’t realize that the mistake price is the price it sold for previously. If it was Management directing him, they know the lowest price that item number sold for.
One time he was selling a strand of south sea pearls. He was unaware that the Pearls sold previously for $1699.00. He says its $3300.00 but he will go to the producers booth and make a call. The camera shows him arguing on a phone. After a few minutes he comes back and says after alot of back and forth they ok’d him to give a ONE TIME PRICE OF $1699.00. Good For today only. He never would have faked this whole thing if he knew that it was the previous price. Certainly management knew, so he scripted this himself.
As I said, I respect his knowledge, and obviously he is trying to increase sales for shoplc, but going it this way is unethical
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Its hard to believe that Tenner doesn't set up this price mistake game by himself and producer Matt. He often doesn’t realize that the mistake price is the price it sold for previously. If it was Management directing him, they know the lowest price that item number sold for.
One time he was selling a strand of south sea pearls. He was unaware that the Pearls sold previously for $1699.00. He says its $3300.00 but he will go to the producers booth and make a call. The camera shows him arguing on a phone. After a few minutes he comes back and says after alot of back and forth they ok’d him to give a ONE TIME PRICE OF $1699.00. Good For today only. He never would have faked this whole thing if he knew that it was the previous price. Certainly management knew, so he scripted this himself.
As I said, I respect his knowledge, and obviously he is trying to increase sales for shoplc, but going it this way is unethical
2 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

When I speak of the powers that be not being able to sleep at night, I am not referring to the hosts.....I am referring to upper management. The ones screwing customers. The hosts pretty much have to play the game or find new employment. Me personally..... if it's unethical, I ain't doin' it.
6 x