lay off the hosts

Kittycat

Re: lay off the hosts

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

I don't believe the hosts are forced to play these pricing games. I think they think they are trying to make shopping fun and not be like any of the other shopping channels. They are trying not to be boring. I don't think they would get fired if they don't do this because Shop LC already is losing a lot of hosts. If they don't fire someone for giving wrong info. or lying or screaming, they surely won't fire them if they don't play games.
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
I don't believe the hosts are forced to play these pricing games. I think they think they are trying to make shopping fun and not be like any of the other shopping channels. They are trying not to be boring. I don't think they would get fired if they don't do this because Shop LC already is losing a lot of hosts. If they don't fire someone for giving wrong info. or lying or screaming, they surely won't fire them if they don't play games.
I agree with you Kittycat. I think that while they are cued by the producer to spend
time on an item, that the hosts use up more air time with antics that just peeve the
living daylights outta some of us. They are trying to be personable, some antics are
okay, but should NOT replace showing and telling more about what it is that they are
pushing. Measure it, try it on, full disclosure
4 x

Tiarose

Post by Tiarose » 4 years ago

Lol the pricing stuff at 2am is annoying. And really I feel like it does not make it fun. The we are going to be in trouble. The president called and gave permission for the same number sold for a week ago. The final price filled by the final price ohh and we need 5 more confirmations to lower the price all gets old. I don’t blame the hosts as they are just doing their job maybe in some cases overdoing it. But it is funny how one line if you watch the offer the internet is at times two seconds before the host says the price. Yet the host says he needs to use an override code. Now on to really the part that maddens me the hosts that showcase lifestyle products. Omg measure the drop of the purse. Purses are measured in three dimensions not two. When doing clothing show me on a person and also give me what size they are in how tall they are and what is there normal size. There is a lot of work to be done on how to showcase things other then jewelry. I want to scream at them to watch Qvc just once before they attempt to show me a purse or a wallet I need to own. And remember that those of us watching them can’t touch or try on the products. Maybe not all hosts are as bad as the one a saw but I had to change the channel for the day.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Tiarose wrote:
4 years ago
Lol the pricing stuff at 2am is annoying. And really I feel like it does not make it fun. The we are going to be in trouble. The president called and gave permission for the same number sold for a week ago. The final price filled by the final price ohh and we need 5 more confirmations to lower the price all gets old. I don’t blame the hosts as they are just doing their job maybe in some cases overdoing it. But it is funny how one line if you watch the offer the internet is at times two seconds before the host says the price. Yet the host says he needs to use an override code. Now on to really the part that maddens me the hosts that showcase lifestyle products. Omg measure the drop of the purse. Purses are measured in three dimensions not two. When doing clothing show me on a person and also give me what size they are in how tall they are and what is there normal size. There is a lot of work to be done on how to showcase things other then jewelry. I want to scream at them to watch Qvc just once before they attempt to show me a purse or a wallet I need to own. And remember that those of us watching them can’t touch or try on the products. Maybe not all hosts are as bad as the one a saw but I had to change the channel for the day.
Oh don’t EVEN get ME started on the strap drop of the handbags. I have to ask each and every time. Often no answer. I have begged for the info to be included on the item page.
Still no.
I am tall-ish with a long torso so a long crossbody strap is a must. Also because I like to wear it lowwww. So tell me what you’re selling!
I always have good luck with handbag info at QVC. Always.
In fact have one being delivered to me today from them!
3 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I KNOW I will take a lot of flack for this BUT-- the hosts don't play the fake mistake price game or the "I will get special dispensation to lower the price" game because they want to. They are TOLD to do this. The timing is even in their script. If they want a job they have to do this. They are the wrong ones to get the brunt of this. Swipe at management not them.
I do agree that management is behind driving the sales, but I have noticed that there are several hosts who I have NEVER seen make "mistakes" on pricing, and some hosts who make "mistakes" on a VERY regular basis. So I really don't think this technique is mandatory, just a matter of a way to get the desired results. I am saying this to management as well as hosts: STOP the insulting price mistake game! I pledge to never buy another single item when this technique is used, no matter what the price goes to.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
@JewelryQueen When I read the subject line, I got a completely different message.......I'm glad I checked more closely to see what this is really about! :shock:
I just looked and it does appear that way!

"Lay Off The Hosts!"

@2Blonde

Thank you for a much needed laugh! 💕

No, I don't want management to lay the hosts off, or fire them, but I did do one of those cannot-be-stopped "snort-laughs" when I rechecked the title!
🤭🐴
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Tiarose wrote:
4 years ago
Oh don’t EVEN get ME started on the strap drop of the handbags. I have to ask each and every time. Often no answer. I have begged for the info to be included on the item page.
Still no.
I am tall-ish with a long torso so a long crossbody strap is a must. Also because I like to wear it lowwww. So tell me what you’re selling!
@RS
I read this post from Tiarose very early this morning.

WHO DO YOU THINK I THOUGHT OF IMMEDIATELY?

👜👩🏻‍🦰💼
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Tiarose wrote:
4 years ago
Still no.
@RS
I read this post from Tiarose very early this morning.

WHO DO YOU THINK I THOUGHT OF IMMEDIATELY?

👜👩🏻‍🦰💼
WHEEEEEEEEE....🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜🦜
2 x

Awesomegma

Post by Awesomegma » 4 years ago

Beware!! Returns get sent as store credit even when you pay as cash. Reply is that it was mistake and now I still want for my debit credit that is said to take 5 more business days??????
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Awesomegma wrote:
4 years ago
Beware!! Returns get sent as store credit even when you pay as cash. Reply is that it was mistake and now I still want for my debit credit that is said to take 5 more business days??????
Did you put "A" in last column of return form? That would tell them you wanted $ returned to your method of payment. If not, it may be standard policy to give store credit if you failed to indicate otherwise.
3 x