So, is the green and peacock Tanzania a good investment, or is is scrap being sold under a fancy name ?

Angelflutter

So, is the green and peacock Tanzania a good investment, or is is scrap being sold under a fancy name ?

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Just wondering. I bought a " Peacock Tanzanite " ring several years ago from Gemporia. It's not a very big stone, but it's a fairly goo size on.... probably half to three quarters of a carat...... It was just something new and different at the time that I bought it. Obviously I will still wear it. I bought it because I liked it too. It has a small diamond on each side of the shoulder and is set in silver.. Just wondering no if it's worth anything now or if it will be in the future.
1 x

2Blonde

Re: So, is the green and peacock Tanzania a good investment, or is is scrap being sold under a fancy name ?

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

From what I've read elsewhere, it's not worth nearly as much as the more desirable blue/purple tanzanite. You should wear it because you like it, but don't think of it as an investment......especially at less than 1 carat.
2 x

Angelflutter

Re: So, is the green and peacock Tanzania a good investment, or is is scrap being sold under a fancy name ?

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
From what I've read elsewhere, it's not worth nearly as much as the more desirable blue/purple tanzanite. You should wear it because you like it, but don't think of it as an investment......especially at less than 1 carat.
Basically :P , it's a pretty scrap !! It wasn't bought for investment, thank God. We all know the magic number is at least1 carat for investment purposes. :P
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Angel

Value wise it is not worth any more than you paid for it, nor will it go up in the future. Marketers are just playing on the Tanzanite name. But if you like it, so what? Enjoy!
0 x

Cougar

Post by Cougar » 4 years ago

I actually have bought green Tanzanite a few pieces the green Tanzanite is more rare than the regular Tanzanite I am peacock is also rare but not as rare as the green all the Tanzanite are beautiful depends on the color And the clarity you have to know what you’re looking for
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Rare or not the Gemological Institute of America says the green is worth far less than the standard Tanzanite.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I’ve said this before...if you look at a tanzanite rough you can see the green brown and variegated color—morphs within. Those variations are what would normally be discarded in order to produce gem quality tanzanite.

In order to capitalize on the tanzanite craze, they saved that...faceted it, made it into jewelry and gave it a catchy, pleasing name.

Peacock and green tanzanite were born.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

It all depends I read that the blue is more in demand so it is more valuable but I also read that a green or peacock can be just as valuable if it is natural and unheated. Most tanzanite is heated to make it blue.I also saw that tanzanite comes in pink and it is very rare.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I have a suite of green Tanzanite . The color is very pretty. I purchased mine aprox. 2 years ago and I think mine have nice rich color. Once again these were RA
purchases and I paid over 70% less than lowest SLC so very good prices. bidding on RA used to be fun competition.
But again it's about the color and these pieces are pretty, darker than a green amethyst.
1 x