Lightning Ridge black opal

ula

Lightning Ridge black opal

Post by ula » 4 years ago

The H channel has Tucson show with black opal, the rings are to die for, so beautiful
2 x

honey

Re: Lightning Ridge black opal

Post by honey » 4 years ago

When is SLC broadcasting from Tucson?? Anyone know?
1 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Ula,
I watched that Black Ridge opal show with Chuck on Shop LC today.
I have a 65 inch smart tv, and I kept looking at those Opals from every angle. Even stood on my head at some point. 🤥
All that I could see was a deep cobalt blue color. Now I know that Opals are very hard to see on TV, and they are hard to photograph. But I couldn’t see any play of color. Maybe on certain pieces maybe a flash of green, but not prominent. Did you see any play of color at all?
I’m about to make an appointment with my Eye Doctor.
I’m still watching HQ with Michael V. He is highlighting Kunzite. He said he got it from Brazil. Thought the owner of that mine passed away, and the mine closed. Now I wonder how many Kunzite mines are in Brazil?
Yesterday Michael said that he just got back from Burma. Now I am worried about his health with that Virus. Of course it depends on how recent that was. I suppose he could have meant he just got back last week, or perhaps last June..hmmm
2 x

ula

Post by ula » 4 years ago

what a gem, The black opals didn't have the same color play like the white opals, but they had that beautiful blue and green shinning thru.I have not seen any reds or yellows, but also the show came from outdoors, they could not shine lights on it. The rings were more substantial in shank, nice dainty work surrounding the stone, set in gold and not very expensive, the more expensive stones will have more color popping out, unfortunetly out of my budget.

WOW, I remember Michael past 40 years when he started on the canadian channel, very nice gentlemen.
2 x