Budget Pay

Gem Lover

Budget Pay

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

So I went online to check my bank account and noticed shop lc had taken out budget payments early again, they were not due until Feb. 3rd which is Monday, they never use to do this but have been now for about 4 months. First of all if someone is counting on it coming out a certain day and they take it out early they might not have put the funds in and it could over draft their account so I do not think it is right to be doing this, I make sure I have extra in that account now in case they do this but if someone is on a tight budget they might not and it would result in over draft charges, second it makes me wonder if they are hard up for cash, why taking out money before it is due?
5 x

RS

Re: Budget Pay

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
So I went online to check my bank account and noticed shop lc had taken out budget payments early again, they were not due until Feb. 3rd which is Monday, they never use to do this but have been now for about 4 months. First of all if someone is counting on it coming out a certain day and they take it out early they might not have put the funds in and it could over draft their account so I do not think it is right to be doing this, I make sure I have extra in that account now in case they do this but if someone is on a tight budget they might not and it would result in over draft charges, second it makes me wonder if they are hard up for cash, why taking out money before it is due?
That’s not even legal.
5 x

Gem Lover

RS I agree, they are suppose to take the payment on the same day each month, not when they feel like it. Imagine if a place did that with a car loan or mortgage.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
RS I agree, they are suppose to take the payment on the same day each month, not when they feel like it. Imagine if a place did that with a car loan or mortgage.
Yes. If SLC is doing this ( remember they have vehemently denied they do) it is illegal. Plain and simple. They can be held accountable and should be.
I don’t pay attention so it may have happened to me as well.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I could be wrong but I think they get around this by making the payment due every 30 days and when they count like that the due date will change from month to month depending on days in month.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I could be wrong but I think they get around this by making the payment due every 30 days and when they count like that the due date will change from month to month depending on days in month.
That could be. We used to get texts or emails about upcoming budget pays. I used to get them. I am still signed up to get them but haven’t for months and months.

Yet another thing SLC has let go by the wayside.
4 x

Gem Lover

This is not the 30 day billing, the amounts they billed me were not due yet. I never get anything from them telling me what my upcoming payments are so I go into my budget pay orders and look so I know what is due, these were not due yet.
3 x