New Opal policy.

Gem Lover

New Opal policy.

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Last night the host said that if you want ethiopian welo opals in silver that the smack down tomorrow will be the last one done in silver, he said after this they will all be set in gold. So that means once they sell out of the silver ones then if you can not afford them in gold you are out of luck. What happened to delivering joy and making items in all price ranges so everyone can have one as they are always saying? Shop lc will lose customers by doing this, people will shop where they can still buy them in silver and with gold prices being at an all time high right now they will have a much smaller amount of people buying them.
5 x

RS

Re: New Opal policy.

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard that last night. With gold at $1500.00 per ounce why would they limit their customer base like that?

Or...is it a way to get more sales for this smack down 🤔
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

If they do that then, then we can forget to buy Ethiopian opals from them. For that, I will have to switch to JTV. Ironically , the name is ShopLC (Shop Low Cost) and solid gold pieces are expensive. They are not what they used to be. Like I said in another thread, my first piece was a solid gold item, a 10kt carat gold Peridot earrings, that cost me $14 at the time.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Make sure you check the cuts on the opals carefully. I returned one recently where the cabachon had been cut lopsided.
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Last night the host said that if you want ethiopian welo opals in silver that the smack down tomorrow will be the last one done in silver, he said after this they will all be set in gold. So that means once they sell out of the silver ones then if you can not afford them in gold you are out of luck. What happened to delivering joy and making items in all price ranges so everyone can have one as they are always saying? Shop lc will lose customers by doing this, people will shop where they can still buy them in silver and with gold prices being at an all time high right now they will have a much smaller amount of people buying them.
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your post. We deeply apologize that welo opals are no longer available in silver settings. We understand that this can be frustrating, and we will bring this up with our Voice of the Customer team so they can address it with the right people. Thank you again for your feedback and being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

The Ethiopian Welo Opal then will be for people who can afford to buy gold pieces and for the hosts of the show. The hosts are able to buy those items too, when they are not on air. I know that since this channel started . I will make their " Life Sparkle" with "Outstanding quality and exclusive designs"and it will "Deliver Joy" to them.

Yes, I'm using the two mottos this channel had as the Jewelry Channel(1st)and as the Liquidation Channel (2nd) and the current one (3rd) as ShopLC. They will go the same way as the retail stores they "punch for their higher prices" for years. I feel disappointed. I hope they don't do that with other gems.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Agreed, Margui.

No more making the "Regular and Lower Class PEONS" (this includes me) "LIVES SPARKLE WITH OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS." And no "DELIVERING JOY" to us, either.

Well, there are LOTS of other places where I can purchase my jewelry, with quality items, better return policies, more discounts, and full transparency regarding their products. 😋 🤩 😋
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Considering how gold is going up again and how very little gold they currently have, I find the claim suspect.
1 x

sunshine13

Post by sunshine13 » 4 years ago

well once the sales start slipping and they realize people prefer silver over gold, they will probably change their minds. I don't even like the look of gold. Most of my customers don't either.
1 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

WOW! Almost didn’t believe this til moderator confirmed. So often hosts just shoot their mouth off with whatever pops in their head...so many untruths are spewed on air this way. If I hear Donna tell us that sterling is worth for $20 a gram one more time, I’ll puke! Really don’t understand the thought process behind this one. HMMMM.... maybe they’re finding that it’s the silver turning the opals yellow!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x