Be careful of emails

Ginger

Be careful of emails

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I just received a email from it says ShopLC saying;
Everyone Deserves a Birthday Treat. Tell us your birthday month. Bonus, it’s calorie free. With a box that says Share Now. So I clicked it. It automatically went to this; This connection is not private. This website may be impersonating “mail.shoplc.com to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page. It had 2 options to click; Show Details or Close Page. Of course I closed the page. So what does this mean? I’m hacked or your website is hacked? And yes I took screenshots of what it said. I just called customer service and removed most of my credit cards on file because it won’t let you do it yourself, not even when I tried making a purchase & changing the card to use. I was trying to remove the others but it wouldn’t let me. I would like to know what this email is I’m getting????
5 x

Gypsy

Re: Be careful of emails

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Everyone Deserves a Birthday Treat. Tell us your birthday month. Bonus, it’s calorie free. With a box that says Share Now. So I clicked it. It automatically went to this; This connection is not private. This website may be impersonating “mail.shoplc.com to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page. It had 2 options to click; Show Details or Close Page. Of course I closed the page. So what does this mean? I’m hacked or your website is hacked? And yes I took screenshots of what it said. I just called customer service and removed most of my credit cards on file because it won’t let you do it yourself, not even when I tried making a purchase & changing the card to use. I was trying to remove the others but it wouldn’t let me. I would like to know what this email is I’m getting????
@Moderator_Preston
@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Danielle

OR ANY MOD. This needs attention immediately
4 x

Gypsy

Same email was in my box
I simply deleted it w/o opening
4 x

Ginger

This is one of the many reasons we should be allowed to post pictures on the forums again. Where are the mods when you need them???? @Moderator_Danielle
4 x

Ginger

I wish you had of opened it because you would have seen what I’m seeing. I’m sorry but I don’t feel this is a secure site anymore 🥺
3 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I never opened it, so can't comment on it. I just deleted it, same as I do with most of the emails I get from here.
4 x

Gypsy

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I wish you had of opened it because you would have seen what I’m seeing. I’m sorry but I don’t feel this is a secure site anymore 🥺
Ahhhhhh that'd be a big NO to opening that email especially after reading what you saw. I certainly believe you saw and read exactly what you typed.
3 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 4 years ago

Ditto.
3 x

Ginger

It’s okay Gypsy, I am glad you didn’t open it honestly. I have sent it to someone since the mods don’t seem to be around. I wasn’t meaning click on the part where it said show details 🤣🤣 not even would I do this. 😂 I will hopefully hear something soon 💜
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Good afternoon,

I deeply apologize about this. Please forward a copy of the email to preston.weaver@shoplc.com so we can look into this further for you. Thank you so much for being a part of the Shop LC family!
4 x