Did Shop LC used to make items for the J channel?

Tothemoon

Did Shop LC used to make items for the J channel?

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

Under the $1.00 special items there are two chain sets usually sold under the “Gem Workshop” category (I find them if I type Gem Workshop” in the SLC search box. Sometimes I purchase diy items from SLC and elsewhere to make jewelry with my nieces. During the J’s jewel school today they were selling a varied color tone set of seven chains with clasps and jump rings for $29.99. Shop LC is selling the same set but slightly different colors today for $1.00. Also I did a google search of “J_ _ diamond cut chain set of 7 assorted colors” and see that 2 years ago they sold the identical set with same colors that SLC is today selling for $1.00. The J channel charged $49.99 for the set when they sold it. Also SLC is selling a set of five stainless steel heart chains with clasps and jump rings for $1.00 today, and a star set for $1.80. I see that the J channel sold these identical sets 2 years ago for $24.99. I presume either SLC manufactured items for J or bought it from them as a closeout.
2 x

Gemsnob

Re: Did Shop LC used to make items for the J channel?

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
Under the $1.00 special items there are two chain sets usually sold under the “Gem Workshop” category (I find them if I type Gem Workshop” in the SLC search box. Sometimes I purchase diy items from SLC and elsewhere to make jewelry with my nieces. During the J’s jewel school today they were selling a varied color tone set of seven chains with clasps and jump rings for $29.99. Shop LC is selling the same set but slightly different colors today for $1.00. Also I did a google search of “J_ _ diamond cut chain set of 7 assorted colors” and see that 2 years ago they sold the identical set with same colors that SLC is today selling for $1.00. The J channel charged $49.99 for the set when they sold it. Also SLC is selling a set of five stainless steel heart chains with clasps and jump rings for $1.00 today, and a star set for $1.80. I see that the J channel sold these identical sets 2 years ago for $24.99. I presume either SLC manufactured items for J or bought it from them as a closeout.
I think its more likely both networks are buying their "tone" items from China and marking them up. Even "Wish" sells some of the same items for less than both networks or so it has been said.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I do not know about now, but SLC (actually LC then) did sell some of the items that they themselves manufacture to the J channel as an employee there told me so. I had asked why an identical abalone necklace was $39 at the J when it was $29 at LC. She told me they buy (bought) huge parcels of items at a discounted price and then re-sell them retail, therefore have to charge more.
4 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

I have a couple of pieces with the STS
hallmark inside.
3 x