Compare ShopLC to ShopHQ Before Buying

Lulu

Compare ShopLC to ShopHQ Before Buying

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

In perusing Chuck Clemency's line, Gem Treasures, I saw a multi gemstone wrap style ring listed on sale for $83.99 with original price of $104.75. I had bought this exact ring at SLC in December with a sale price with coupon for $10.19.

Currently, he has a multi gemstone London Blue topaz ring (179-351) at a sale price of $146.04 (reg $199.50) with 4.48 tcw. This is identical to SLC's 3294431 except SLC's has a little more tcw for $49.99.

About 3 years ago, I was all set to buy a milky aquamarine ring on sale from Michael Valitutti until I saw SLC had the exact ring for a fraction of the cost.

So, just be sure to check before buying at ShopHQ.
10 x

Gemsnob

Re: Compare ShopLC to ShopHQ Before Buying

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
In perusing Chuck Clemency's line, Gem Treasures, I saw a multi gemstone wrap style ring listed on sale for $83.99 with original price of $104.75. I had bought this exact ring at SLC in December with a sale price with coupon for $10.19.

Currently, he has a multi gemstone London Blue topaz ring (179-351) at a sale price of $146.04 (reg $199.50) with 4.48 tcw. This is identical to SLC's 3294431 except SLC's has a little more tcw for $49.99.

About 3 years ago, I was all set to buy a milky aquamarine ring on sale from Michael Valitutti until I saw SLC had the exact ring for a fraction of the cost.

So, just be sure to check before buying at ShopHQ.
I watch Shophq but have never made a purchase. Their jewelry prices are just too high compared to Shoplc. I do like Chucks Personal Jeweler but its only good for a year as far as I can tell.
4 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

The SLC ring you saw could not possibly be the same one you saw in Michael Valitutti's collection. All of his jewelry is made from a silver and palladium alloy, which is very unusual. It's not coated with platinum like the jewelry here because the palladium alloy does not tarnish.
2 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Hi LuLu that's for the advice. 😊
2 x

Anya

Post by Anya » 4 years ago

I have a Michael Valituti Sleeping Beauty turquoise ring. I’ve never seen anything like it here. i also have 2 pair of Samuelb
Earrings. Sometimes there are things that speak to you! I love watching HQ especially during Tucson and Hong Kong because the jewelry is all presented in a classy manner. I have found great deals here at LC too! I just strongly dislike the way it is presented. The countdown to the actual price is just agony and so unnecessary! I pretty much use the website for that reason.
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Anya wrote:
4 years ago
I have a Michael Valituti Sleeping Beauty turquoise ring. I’ve never seen anything like it here. i also have 2 pair of Samuelb
Earrings. Sometimes there are things that speak to you! I love watching HQ especially during Tucson and Hong Kong because the jewelry is all presented in a classy manner. I have found great deals here at LC too! I just strongly dislike the way it is presented. The countdown to the actual price is just agony and so unnecessary! I pretty much use the website for that reason.
I agree. I rarely watch live here anymore and have been shopping less and less.
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
The SLC ring you saw could not possibly be the same one you saw in Michael Valitutti's collection. All of his jewelry is made from a silver and palladium alloy, which is very unusual. It's not coated with platinum like the jewelry here because the palladium alloy does not tarnish.
The ring was not one of Michael's regular pieces. I have several of his pieces and can spot one almost instantly - they are very distinctive. It looked totally out of line with his regular style. When I saw it, I thought he had probably ordered it from a trade show.

BTW, those gold highlights on Michael's pieces need to be treated with care because they can be polished right off. Yes, one of his palladium alloy pendants did tarnish on me. They are only tarnish resistant - not tarnish proof.

eta: in fact, the milky aquamarine is on Ebay right now. Seller ppayne is offering Lovely Brazilian Milky Aquamarine ring for $48.99. I think it's obvious that it is not one of Michael's regular pieces.
1 x