Start price

Tothemoon

Start price

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

Karen and Pieter were just selling a citizens brand watch for $199.99 final price, which they gave a start price of $877.99. $199.99 is a fair price, though you can buy that exact watch cheaper, supposedly new, on E (bay) and other sites - if you trust buying on those sites. During the presentation Karen was showing the manufacturer’s price tag which had a retail price of $375.00. She even seemed to question the price seeing that SLC gave a start price of $877.99. I really wish SLC would give more realistic start prices so that unsuspecting customers who don’t know any better weren’t tricked into thinking they are getting a super deal. SLC does provide decent prices in many cases so I don’t see why they need to exaggerate the start prices so much.
6 x

Gem Lover

Re: Start price

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

That is one of my biggest pet peeves. No other network does this.
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Agree. Sometimes I laugh at the start prices. But...... then again, I laugh at the sale prices. :lol: But, they do need to be a bit more realistic. I don't shop in LA or New York. Need more realistic mid America prices.
5 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

I always take 75 percent off the start price
This gives a closer number to what any retail ad or store would sell there stuff for
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I do not like this business model. Unfortunately this is the business model they have chosen to use and have been using for years. We are not going to change that. But what we can ask is for them to do reasonable item comparisions, show and measure items more than once, quit with the up down all around pricing of items, and last but not least, PLEASE do not take forever to get to final price of item.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Hysterical. The items in my wish list are creeping up. A 3ct diamond bangle was $437, then $499. It just changed to $599. Of course its eligible for 2 for 1. Newbies seeing something like this, will believe that shoplc is not a legit shopping channel. It sure looks suspicious when you put out a great offer, but raise the beginning prices. You can ignore what I say. I talk from years of experience in my dads successful Retail business, followed by ER medicine experience for many years. . Appearances mean everything. When you claim to offer 2 for 1, but raise the price, it sure appears the customer is being scammed.
6 x

ula

Post by ula » 4 years ago

I was wondering what store has the high comparison prices. I think I got it. Its Tiffany/s
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

ula wrote:
4 years ago
I was wondering what store has the high comparison prices. I think I got it. Its Tiffany/s
That and Nieman Marcus aka Needless Markup.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Oh you mean Really Paying for the Shopping Bag store.
1 x