RS wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Dragonfly is Gemaholics mom.
Confirm.

I also agree with you, Gemsnob and RS. You can have degrees but if you don't have common sense, personal skills, sensitivity to surroundings, independent thought - you ain't got nothin'
DROP THE MIC...BAM. 🎤
I meant to say, "confirmED" as in "that's a confirmation" :shock: My fingers don't type as fast as my thoughts.
3 x

Blossom

Re: Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
We see you here...

Come...

Join in....

Welcome.
[/quote

At first I thought their negative posts were simply misguided. Now I think what we have here are a couple rabble-rousers. They must evidently get some sick amusement from getting us riled. I'm hoping to just ignore their juvenile posts going forward.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I have a theory.

Have you ever heard of Asperger's Syndrome? It's a developmental disorder that limits the ability to effectively socialize and comes with a marked inability to feel empathy for others. People who have this also often have an all absorbing interest in specific topics. It is believed to be genetically inherited. Sound like any two people we have been talking about?

The good news is that i can be mitigated with communication training and behavioral therapy.

Let us hope they both go in for help.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I have a theory.

Have you ever heard of Asperger's Syndrome? It's a developmental disorder that limits the ability to effectively socialize and comes with a marked inability to feel empathy for others. People who have this also often have an all absorbing interest in specific topics. It is believed to be genetically inherited. Sound like any two people we have been talking about?

The good news is that i can be mitigated with communication training and behavioral therapy.

Let us hope they both go in for help.
My daughter has that.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gemsnob

So you know far more about this syndrome that I do. I have an aquaintance whose son suffers from this. He underwent intensive behavioral therapy and I feel it has improved his interaction with others quite a bit and it seems to have aided in lessening the isolation for both him and his mother.

How is your daughter doing?
4 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

So Spooky and OSOTT,..

I’m not even looking there again.

If it looks like a duck...
Nothing personal to former forum members (now over yonder) but I never tried to do WP.
Lucky you.
I tried but could not get in there. Now I am glad I wasn't able to do it.
Sometimes I have to refrain from commenting to SOME people hear (Colljoe and now Miss Teach). If I did comment I would definitely be kicked out of the forum and they probably would not let me back in. But I would have had NO PROBLEM telling anyone on a blog that TRIED to make me feel inferior EXACTLY what and where they can put their BLOG.

Now as for Colljoe and now Miss Teach, what part of the 19 PAGES of other people on this thread that have said "IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS BEING SAID IN THIS THREAD THEN DO NOT READ IT" that you do not understand?
8 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

MissTeach wrote:
4 years ago
You may have had a rough day, and if so, I'm sorry for that. I truly am, but try not to ruin everybody else's day with what you choose to post. Just saying.
Wow, you have no compassion for your fellow
forum members. These women are dealing with
Loss of of Moms, Dads, brothers, sisters, etc.
Many are multiple caregivers. They are giving
their all. They need our help and a friendly hug
and as much love and prayers that we can send
their way. If you can’t summon some compassion or
some empathy you must have a soul made of rock
Please use another forum thread that fits your needs
7 x

Gemsnob

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
MissTeach wrote:
4 years ago
You may have had a rough day, and if so, I'm sorry for that. I truly am, but try not to ruin everybody else's day with what you choose to post. Just saying.
Wow, you have no compassion for your fellow
forum members. These women are dealing with
Loss of of Moms, Dads, brothers, sisters, etc.
Many are multiple caregivers. They are giving
their all. They need our help and a friendly hug
and as much love and prayers that we can send
their way. If you can’t summon some compassion or
some empathy you must have a soul made of rock
Please use another forum thread that fits your needs
There are a lot of souless sadists on here lately who cant handle feelings. Sorry but unless you are a robot, life involves feelings. Im not going to apologize. If it ruined someones day, thats your da*n problem. Grow a heart and some compassion or go live under a rock. I dont care which. This refers to MissTeach, not Spooky.
5 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Ladies I am wondering if this is someone that works for shop L c.? Also there were two people who were nasty to me a few times calling me out about they way I posted told me I better go back to school ok teach maybe I should buy she could take a trip to ????????😅 Made me feel very !😕
3 x

Gemsnob

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob

So you know far more about this syndrome that I do. I have an aquaintance whose son suffers from this. He underwent intensive behavioral therapy and I feel it has improved his interaction with others quite a bit and it seems to have aided in lessening the isolation for both him and his mother.

How is your daughter doing?
My daughter has fought therapy for years. It wasnt until last year, when she turned 24, that she agreed to it. Her life has been falling apart. She has other issues, anxiety, OCD, extreme negativity called Oppositional Defiant Disorder. She agreed to therapy because her boyfriend at the time demanded she go. She knows she needs it. She was in a partial hospitalization/school years ago when first diagnosed. It was outpatient and mostly therapy. Who knows what she would be like without that but she hated it and thats why she wouldnt do therapy for years. Sometimes I think I need it. Its very stressful. We have an autism epidemic. If we had this many people with the flu, the government would close the borders, shut down the airports and scream pandemic. Autism doesnt go away. Many dont live long lives. They have terrible stress and it effects their bodies. What will happen when their parents are gone? I hate that stupid TV show "The Good Doctor". Its no fairy tale. Stop trying to make it seem that way. Anyway. Thanks for asking. ❤
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x