Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
There are a total of 16 likes supporting the idea that posts about personal matters do not belong here. There are 163 likes supporting us sharing anything we care to--in just the first 2 pages! There are 20 pages here. Does that tell anyone what the consensus is?

How many ways can it be said IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT OR ARE NOT INTERESTED--MOVE ALONG. NOBODY IS TWISTING YOUR ARM TO READ ANYTHING--AND YOU DO NOT OWN THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!! Is that plain enough English or do we need to explain it to you again?
I wonder if anyone else knows this. If you hover your cursor over the "likes" on a post - the names of the people who liked the post are shown.

I'm kinda surprised and saddened by a couple members listed in support of the original post.

oh well.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
There are a total of 16 likes supporting the idea that posts about personal matters do not belong here. There are 163 likes supporting us sharing anything we care to--in just the first 2 pages! There are 20 pages here. Does that tell anyone what the consensus is?

How many ways can it be said IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT OR ARE NOT INTERESTED--MOVE ALONG. NOBODY IS TWISTING YOUR ARM TO READ ANYTHING--AND YOU DO NOT OWN THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!! Is that plain enough English or do we need to explain it to you again?
I wonder if anyone else knows this. If you hover your cursor over the "likes" on a post - the names of the people who liked the post are shown.

I'm kinda surprised and saddened by a couple members listed in support of the original post.

oh well.
You must be on a computer. I dont think those of us on our phones can do that
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago

oh well.
You must be on a computer. I dont think those of us on our phones can do that
Most of the time, on my laptop beside my mom's bed, while she is sitting in her chair by the window and late night, or when I have a breather, I take it to my room. Then I have a laptop in the kitchen. Then I have a desktop too for my business (neglected). So I'm connected. Then the phone when I'm out or in the bathroom....TMI?!! hahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: simmer down. I know what you're thinking. No. I don't post from the bathroom. gaahhh. Tough crowd :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I hope it doesn’t show me as liking that horrible post made by that person because I’m getting notifications that I’ve liked comments, when I haven’t even been here. I’m seeing several things like this & I’m having to log in now when I didn’t log out. I thank you all for your wonderful thoughts for me today at moms funeral. It was a horrible day with some arguing and I just had to go in a room away from everyone. A funeral is not the place for drama, which certain family members thought it was. I’m so distraught right now & saddened by how today and last night went. OSOTT, please tell me if it says my account liked that comment by the person because I can assure you I didn’t. I’m thinking I might need to create another account because this one shows things that I haven’t commented on. I don’t have a laptop so I cannot see for myself. I’m at a loss & in a depression, see you when I can.😢💔💔
5 x

Gypsy

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I hope it doesn’t show me as liking that horrible post made by that person because I’m getting notifications that I’ve liked comments, when I haven’t even been here. I’m seeing several things like this & I’m having to log in now when I didn’t log out. I thank you all for your wonderful thoughts for me today at moms funeral. It was a horrible day with some arguing and I just had to go in a room away from everyone. A funeral is not the place for drama, which certain family members thought it was. I’m so distraught right now & saddened by how today and last night went. OSOTT, please tell me if it says my account liked that comment by the person because I can assure you I didn’t. I’m thinking I might need to create another account because this one shows things that I haven’t commented on. I don’t have a laptop so I cannot see for myself. I’m at a loss & in a depression, see you when I can.😢💔💔
@Ginger
I'm so sorry 🥺 today should not have been about arguements or anger. Please know that so many have been sending prayers for you to find comfort 💔💕 I know you are broken hearted and will need time to grieve but know that we are here BIG WARM HUGS 🙏🙏❤- Gypsy
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

A big hug for you, Ginger. May God comfort you in this time of sorrow.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger, OH noooo, sweetheart! No. It doesn't show your liked it. I shouldn't have even mentioned it because "I" like posts that I don't agree with a lot! So "liking" posts means nothing!! I would remove the post if I could. Seriously, I "like" posts a lot when I don't agree just to "acknowledge" someone's opinion! Or I'm very fast to like a post before I read it all. I'm bad to do that.

Ginger, please don't you worry about a thing here on this forum YOU are PRECIOUS to all of us! You are DEAR. We want you to be free of worry especially here. You will get notifications on threads you post on but you can remove notifications if that will make it easier for you.

I' m sorry for any distress I caused. I'm also so very sorry for your day today as it is difficult in the best situation - so having extra drama doesn't help. Please know I deeply care about you..... I love you.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Here we go again. I got a 504 Gateway error when I posted earlier then when I reloaded, my unfinished post, posted, plus my finished post. Total of the same post twice. In other words, when I reloaded, it took me back to the post I was creating/writing. So I finished it - and posted. After I posted, I then saw the post I was working on, when the 504 Gateway error occurred, was also posted. ?? stupid.

What is up with this?
3 x

Gypsy

4 years ago
Here we go again. I got a 504 Gateway error when I posted earlier then when I reloaded, my unfinished post, posted, plus my finished post. Total of the same post twice. In other words, when I reloaded, it took me back to the post I was creating/writing. So I finished it - and posted. After I posted, I then saw the post I was working on, when the 504 Gateway error occurred, was also posted. ?? stupid.

What is up with this?
Still glitchy and really slow
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger, so sorry a difficult time was made more difficult by insensitive family members. Sadly seems like there's always someone like that in most families. Hope you are able to get some much needed rest.💞
5 x