Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

colljoe

Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by colljoe » 4 years ago

I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
13 x

Gypsy

Re: Personal Posts and Shop LC forum

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

The banner reads -

Welcome to ShopLC Community Forum
A place for fans to share & socialize

We all met on this forum and developed friendships WE care about what is going on with each other

Since there is no personal information posted we only know each other by our forum names and alot of us aren't on facebook. This is how we connected and stay connected.

We talk about gemstones and shoplc but that's not all our lives revolve around. I wont apologize for caring about my forum friends. -Gypsy
12 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Wow!!!!!!! Was that an attack? First of all.... this is a public forum. It does not say "speak of jewelry only." General conversation.... means general conversation..... for ALL members of the forum. There are posts about jewelry and lifestyle items. And yes, there are personal conversations. If you go back about a month or so ago in the forums, you will find that several of us have faced some very heavy personal issues involving either ourselves or family members. We have bonded over these issues. There are very strong and powerful woman on this forum. We have become friend sisters !!! We are there to support and encourage. To give strength to and pray for. It is an honor to be amongst this group. Though we may not know each other personally - we know each other in spirit. We don't tear each other down. You can probably only wish for what this group has brought to each other. We never know what faces us tomorrow. There may come a time when you might need, support, prayers and love. Even if it is from strangers. I hope you find it in your heart not to be so harsh and judgemental. You are invited to join in our conversations.... or not. The choice is yours. After all ....... it is the LC "Community " forum. Angelflutter
15 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I read this new post and my heart just sank...once again. Having compassion is what this world needs more of. idk. I have zero energy to say anything else.
15 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

colljoe wrote:
4 years ago
I wonder how others feel about coming on to the LC Community forum and seeing these personal and lengthy posts, like it was Facebook. Talking about family members and where they have been, and what they have been doing lately. I don't understand, what is the point? Nothing to do with gems, minerals, or shopping with Shop LC. I don't believe this is what the forum is for.

People, please do your personal and private chatting on Facebook where it belongs. You can personal message someone too and exchange emails. Because frankly, most of us are here for the Shop LC forum. We are not interested in your personal and irrelevant banter, with absolutely no relation to the Shop LC forum.
Umm....this forum IS a place to socialize. You dont like the topic of a thread, you are more than welcome to scroll past it. Nothing in the guidelines says "keep it related to shoplc and gems". Maybe its you who doesnt understand what a forum is exactly.
13 x

Gemsnob

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
Wow!!!!!!! Was that an attack? First of all.... this is a public forum. It does not say "speak of jewelry only." General conversation.... means general conversation..... for ALL members of the forum. There are posts about jewelry and lifestyle items. And yes, there are personal conversations. If you go back about a month or so ago in the forums, you will find that several of us have faced some very heavy personal issues involving either ourselves or family members. We have bonded over these issues. There are very strong and powerful woman on this forum. We have become friend sisters !!! We are there to support and encourage. To give strength to and pray for. It is an honor to be amongst this group. Though we may not know each other personally - we know each other in spirit. We don't tear each other down. You can probably only wish for what this group has brought to each other. We never know what faces us tomorrow. There may come a time when you might need, support, prayers and love. Even if it is from strangers. I hope you find it in your heart not to be so harsh and judgemental. You are invited to join in our conversations.... or not. The choice is yours. After all ....... it is the LC "Community " forum. Angelflutter
12 x

Gemsnob

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I read this new post and my heart just sank...once again. Having compassion is what this world needs more of. idk. I have zero energy to say anything else.
9 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
The banner reads -

Welcome to ShopLC Community Forum
A place for fans to share & socialize

We all met on this forum and developed friendships WE care about what is going on with each other

Since there is no personal information posted we only know each other by our forum names and alot of us aren't on facebook. This is how we connected and stay connected.

We talk about gemstones and shoplc but that's not all our lives revolve around. I wont apologize for caring about my forum friends. -Gypsy
9 x

Gemsnob

colljoe wrote:
4 years ago

Frankly, many of us arent on FB because of intolerant, unkind people like you. We all are women. Youd think we could support each other instead of tear each other down. Congratulations! Bet you feel good about yourself.
12 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Let me be clear.... in my case I had a serious family issue pop up a couple of months ago.... my mother and my husband. I have become a total care giver to both.... in my home w/o help. I have been forced to retire as of 2 weeks ago. From a job that I have been at for 20 years and loved. That my friend is a lot to take in...... !!!!!! Some of these ladies have had issues that they have had to deal with for years. One lost her mother unexpectedly just this morning. Like I stated earlier.... we never know what will befall us and when it will befall us. But when we are at our lowest, and yes - sometimes at our breaking point - it is a blessing to know we have someone that cares. Sometimes, just a word of encouragement gives us enough strength to just face another day. And later, if we can just have a laugh and share good things - it just strengthens the bond. Peace out. Angelflutter.
15 x