It was quiet last night

Gypsy

Re: It was quiet last night

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Rise and Shine - gimme my coffee and nobody will get hurt!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HERE ❣❣☕☕☕☕☕☕🤗
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Good morning, sweet ladies! I LOVE this thread! It's a joy to wake up too! I hope we do this everyday! It's partly cloudy and 71 degrees with 12 mph wind.. Spring is here and everything is in full bloom. My jasmine is in full bloom and the birds are chirping. I'm putting up my hummingbird feeders today (if I can). I''m cooking a pork loin in the oven with steamed asparagus, new potatoes, carrots for lunch/dinner. I got the pork loin on sale and it's too easy to cook. Mom's nurse is coming today. Mom is not doing well.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm drinking coffee too!
5 x

Gypsy

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning, sweet ladies! I LOVE this thread! It's a joy to wake up too! I hope we do this everyday! It's partly cloudy and 71 degrees with 12 mph wind.. Spring is here and everything is in full bloom. My jasmine is in full bloom and the birds are chirping. I'm putting up my hummingbird feeders today (if I can). I''m cooking a pork loin in the oven with steamed asparagus, new potatoes, carrots for lunch/dinner. I got the pork loin on sale and it's too easy to cook. Mom's nurse is coming today. Mom is not doing well.

Good morning OSOTT ❣❣
I love the smell of jasmine 😊 I cant put out my hummingbird feeders just yet....its warm enough.but the bees are thick this time of year and I dont have a yard so my feeder is super close to my front door and dont want bees in house 😳🐝 bad enough when the lizards get inside 🦎 and YUMMY lunch/dinner sounds GREAT.😋😊
I know you wish your mom was doing better, so do I
🥺
6 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Good morning OSOTT, I'm a little 'jellie' about your
weather report!!! :D
I decided on meatloaf and mash today. sumpting good
on the side too, just a matter of choice.
Stay busy about your day and I hope that your mom
gets to feeling better too.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Good morning OSOTT ❣❣
I love the smell of jasmine 😊 I cant put out my hummingbird feeders just yet....its warm enough.but the bees are thick this time of year and I dont have a yard so my feeder is super close to my front door and dont want bees in house 😳🐝 bad enough when the lizards get inside 🦎 and YUMMY lunch/dinner sounds GREAT.😋😊
🥺
Oh those pesky bees! I have those too and wasps :cry: I have two that I have outside my kitchen windows, one outside my mom's window, and several behind my house in a old live oak tree. It seems spring is coming earlier and earlier. In fact, we don't really have a winter anymore which is sad but I'm not crazy about cold weather anyway. I like it to get down to 40's.

I plan to move one last time to downsize dramatically, so I'm wondering if I would miss my yard if I move to an apartment or condo. I won't miss keeping the yard mowed and maintained. Maybe something with a nice balcony and a view of trees. I want to call someone when something is broken and have them fix it. lol. I miss my husband for those tasks so much. He could/would fix anything that broke. Now, it's such a pain and expense to get something fixed. So I look forward to downsizing. I need to get rid of so much - omg - it will be a huge undertaking.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning Honey! Yum, I love meat loaf! I cooked one a couple of weeks ago and thought to myself, I need to make this more often! I like to make a meatloaf sandwich with leftovers!

Staying busy is my middle name. lol There's never enough time in the day. Thank you about mom! I want her to feel better too! Bless her heart. My mom was/is (she can't cook now) the best cook in the South. I'm not even kidding. Old-style, from scratch, cook. What's funny, is she will tell me what my meals need. She has one of those palettes that can distinguish ingredients/herbs/flavors to a "t" - "Next time, add rosemary" - lol. Imma listening too.
5 x

Gypsy

4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Good morning OSOTT ❣❣
🥺
Oh those pesky bees! I have those too and wasps :cry: I have two that I have outside my kitchen windows, one outside my mom's window, and several behind my house in a old live oak tree. It seems spring is coming earlier and earlier. In fact, we don't really have a winter anymore which is sad but I'm not crazy about cold weather anyway. I like it to get down to 40's.

I plan to move one last time to downsize dramatically, so I'm wondering if I would miss my yard if I move to an apartment or condo. I won't miss keeping the yard mowed and maintained. Maybe something with a nice balcony and a view of trees. I want to call someone when something is broken and have them fix it. lol. I miss my husband for those tasks so much. He could/would fix anything that broke. Now, it's such a pain and expense to get something fixed. So I look forward to downsizing. I need to get rid of so much - omg - it will be a huge undertaking.
Oh I do miss my yard , but it was getting harder for me to take care of. I live on 3rd floor apartment. Love the privacy it affords
And I have a nice covered balcony it's small (8'x8') but I've fully screened it in so I can keep my patio doors open pretty much year round and my kitties love it ❣❣ if you do move to apt. I recommend first.thing you.do is make friends with the Maintenance personnel ( random cookies and cupcakes usually are well received) 🤗🤗🤗
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

Good morning OSOTT ❣❣
🥺

Oh I do miss my yard , but it was getting harder for me to take care of. I live on 3rd floor apartment. Love the privacy it affords
And I have a nice covered balcony it's small (8'x8') but I've fully screened it in so I can keep my patio doors open pretty much year round and my kitties love it ❣❣ if you do move to apt. I recommend first.thing you.do is make friends with the Maintenance personnel ( random cookies and cupcakes usually are well received) 🤗🤗🤗
yessssssss! Haha! I would definitely do this! In fact, I know it works as my husband managed a large "maintenance" crew for over 1,000 beach condos - "owners" would make them treats, or treat them to gift cards, lunch, Christmas gifts or just anything, his men DID put them (owners) on their priority list. For instance, my husband would give his men instructions/repairs every morning for the day, and say it was at least 10 maintenance repairs per person or more (depending). The maintenance men would choose their favorite people FIRST and the grouches, last. lol
3 x

Gypsy

4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

yessssssss! Haha! I would definitely do this! In fact, I know it works as my husband managed a large "maintenance" crew for over 1,000 beach condos - "owners" would make them treats, or treat them to gift cards, lunch, Christmas gifts or just anything, his men DID put them (owners) on their priority list. For instance, my husband would give his men instructions/repairs every morning for the day, and say it was at least 10 maintenance repairs per person or more (depending). The maintenance men would choose their favorite people FIRST and the grouches, last. lol
😊😉😏
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
Good morning Honey! Yum, I love meat loaf! I cooked one a couple of weeks ago and thought to myself, I need to make this more often! I like to make a meatloaf sandwich with leftovers!

Staying busy is my middle name. lol There's never enough time in the day. Thank you about mom! I want her to feel better too! Bless her heart. My mom was/is (she can't cook now) the best cook in the South. I'm not even kidding. Old-style, from scratch, cook. What's funny, is she will tell me what my meals need. She has one of those palettes that can distinguish ingredients/herbs/flavors to a "t" - "Next time, add rosemary" - lol. Imma listening too.
OSOTT, I hope that your mom can sit up a bit in the
kitchen and watch you cook a bit. :)
I can not tell ya how often I watched my gramma's
and my mom and my aunts cooking and did I ever
learn a lot! My loved ones are gone, but there is
a connection with them just by tinkering around
the ol' kitchen.
4 x