We're baaaaaack!

JewelryQueen

We're baaaaaack!

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

So no one went to jail or the hospital before, during or after my daughter's wedding-- although there were a couple of close calls. Sissy slipped on the marble floor of the chapel and went down hard, but no broken bones or anything. Son locked himself out of his car (again). Guess it doesn't always pay to be a genius, as the everyday common sense seems to get shortchanged. He did get questioned breaking into his own car. Her Father made it just in time to walk her down the aisle. And I mean within seconds.

The ceremony was long (Since when did my daughter become Catholic? Last I heard she was an Atheist.) And when did they start having the wine and host in little plastic sealed containers (think jelly at a restaurant) that you self-administer, for Communion?

I bought her a sapphire bracelet to wear for her "something blue" but she neglected to go to the post office for a few days before the wedding (understandable) so it is still at the PO. I ended up tying a piece of blue ribbon on the inside of her dress. I also loaned her a plain silver bangle that I was wearing for her "something borrowed." She looked like a medieval princess in her beaded ball gown with the veil and her long honey blonde hair in ringlets. Her reception dress was a slinky affair a la Jean Harlowe with a floor length cape with just a touch of bling at the throat. She was simply gorgeous and radiantly happy.

I even behaved myself. Well, except for commenting to her best friend from high school who was her matron of honor AGAIN (yes she was matron at the first wedding 11 years ago too) that if I saw her as matron of honor at one more of my daughter's weddings-- I would chase her off with a broom!
11 x

Tothemoon

Re: We're baaaaaack!

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

I love your summary of the occasion! I’m so glad it turned out to be what sounds like a happy and memorable time. Hopefully your worries of the new son in law will will disappear and he’ll turn out to be good for your daughter. Welcome back!
8 x

JewelryQueen

Thank you so much. I am striving to be optimistic. Just thought I should update you all so wouldn't think I committed hari kari or something.
8 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you so much. I am striving to be optimistic. Just thought I should update you all so wouldn't think I committed hari kari or something.
JewelryQueen, you are the epitome of grace under pressure!
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen -To me it sounds like you were the QUEEN commanding a beautiful wedding🌹
Praying that the joy you and she felt on that day, continues for a lifetime.
I am thrilled the TEAM is back ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen it sounds like it was a beautiful wedding and you handled it with class and grace. From what you described your daughter was a beautiful bride .
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen
Sounds like it was a lovely day you've described a beautiful daughter and ceremony ❣ Glad you and Sissy are home safely. 🥰
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen, it sounds like a wonderful wedding and your daughter was both beautiful and happy. I'm sure your heart was full of love and pride for her. You are a special mom and I bet your daughter's friends love you to pieces! I would have loved to have been there! God bless your daughter and new son-in-law. May they be abundantly blessed...
7 x

JewelryQueen

My daughter Annaliisa, and her friend and matron of honor Dawn, have been friends since high school when they survived a horrific event. A boy named Alex Baranyi had a crush on my daughter and she rebuffed him. He followed Anna and Dawn home to my Sissy's house. The girls were in the downstairs family room when he walked through the sliding glass door and confronted her. While Dawn distracted him, Annaliisa dashed upstairs and called 911. She then rushed back to her friend's aid and found her unconsious on the floor with Alex standing over Dawn. Being her mother's daughter (and a kickbox aficianado) she beat the crap out of him and he fled. An ambulance and the police finally showed up.

Three months later Alex and his best friend David Anderson murdered a girl named Kim, her sister Julia, and their parents. The motive was Alex had borrowed cigarette money from Kim and she wanted it back. Also of course was the standby "I just wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone."

What really enraged me and my daughter was the fact that the police said this was completely out of the blue! The boys had never been in trouble before. Not true!! Besides the event with Anna there were at least two other incidents that were reported where Alex had accosted other girls. Also the boys went nightly to the local Denny's and were kicked out on multiple occasions for violent disturbances and too loudly discussing killing someone.

When the police searched the place where Alex was staying they found a huge cache of Japanese swords and other weapons along with a hit list. Guess whose name was at the top of the list? Starts with an A.

What really frosts my hind end is that, while both boys were sentenced to life without parole, because they were only 17 the law changed and juveniles now have the possibility of being paroled upon review. I have asked to be informed of any review and NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

The upside to this (Debbie Downer and personal story) is that an unbreakable friendship, one where you know the other would lay down their life for you, was formed.
8 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
My daughter Annaliisa, and her friend and matron of honor Dawn, have been friends since high school when they survived a horrific event. A boy named Alex Baranyi had a crush on my daughter and she rebuffed him. He followed Anna and Dawn home to my Sissy's house. The girls were in the downstairs family room when he walked through the sliding glass door and confronted her. While Dawn distracted him, Annaliisa dashed upstairs and called 911. She then rushed back to her friend's aid and found her unconsious on the floor with Alex standing over Dawn. Being her mother's daughter (and a kickbox aficianado) she beat the crap out of him and he fled. An ambulance and the police finally showed up.

Three months later Alex and his best friend David Anderson murdered a girl named Kim, her sister Julia, and their parents. The motive was Alex had borrowed cigarette money from Kim and she wanted it back. Also of course was the standby "I just wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone."

What really enraged me and my daughter was the fact that the police said this was completely out of the blue! The boys had never been in trouble before. Not true!! Besides the event with Anna there were at least two other incidents that were reported where Alex had accosted other girls. Also the boys went nightly to the local Denny's and were kicked out on multiple occasions for violent disturbances and too loudly discussing killing someone.

When the police searched the place where Alex was staying they found a huge cache of Japanese swords and other weapons along with a hit list. Guess whose name was at the top of the list? Starts with an A.

What really frosts my hind end is that, while both boys were sentenced to life without parole, because they were only 17 the law changed and juveniles now have the possibility of being paroled upon review. I have asked to be informed of any review and NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!
I'm still wrapping my head around what I've just read
I dont think I have any words that can be repeated for the horror & outrage I know you must feel
6 x