Gem treatment guide

Gem Lover

Gem treatment guide

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

If anyone is interested the J channel has a chart on their website under learning library that list gemstones and all the possible treatments, it explains what the treatment is and how to care for your gemstone depending on the type of treatment. It is very good information, I wish they would do the same here.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Gem treatment guide

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
If anyone is interested the J channel has a chart on their website under learning library that list gemstones and all the possible treatments, it explains what the treatment is and how to care for your gemstone depending on the type of treatment. It is very good information, I wish they would do the same here.
Thanks, @Gem Lover I'm also toggling back and forth to from here to there!
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

SLC customer service claims they have a education department that list all the Gems, their treatments and care. When I found out via google that a pair of Mundarara ruby earrings I bought from shoplc was FF, I asked Tenner because He originally convinced me to buy them. He had bragged that they were his favorite ruby. He answered me that they are not FF.
Well I decided to double check. I emailed shoplc CS. They Emailed me back that their education dept states that Mundarara rubies are Fissure filled.
I wish that Education dept would EDUCATE their hosts 🙄
3 x

Vicky

Well cross off 2 more Hosts you cant trust to tell the truth about gemstones.
On the air description it says Ilakaka hot pink sapphire ( FF)
Yet neither Blake nor Marva mentioned that its FF, glass filled. Blake said its a collectors Gemstone. I doubt that a collector who knows that FF gemstones have little to no value will buy that stone. At least they could have warned buyers to be careful with cleaning it. My FF stone exploded in my ultra sonic cleaner, because shoplc host didn’t warn me. They will say, well it said FF on the screen. Cmon, most viewers have no idea what FF means.
Shawn and Karen and Becky and others do mention to be careful when cleaning them.
The Hosts that hide issues with gems lose any chance I will ever believe a word they say. Obviously, they believe,all thats important is SELL SELL SELL.
3 x

Vicky

Well cross off 2 more Hosts you cant trust to tell the truth about gemstones.
On the air description it says Ilakaka hot pink sapphire ( FF)
Yet neither Blake nor Marva mentioned that its FF, glass filled. Blake said its a collectors Gemstone. I doubt that a collector who knows that FF gemstones have little to no value will buy that stone. At least they could have warned buyers to be careful with cleaning it. My FF stone exploded in my ultra sonic cleaner, because shoplc host didn’t warn me. They will say, well it said FF on the screen. Cmon, most viewers have no idea what FF means.
Shawn and Karen and Becky and others do mention to be careful when cleaning them.
The Hosts that hide issues with gems lose any chance I will ever believe a word they say. Obviously, they believe,all thats important is SELL SELL SELL.
1 x