So now we're on lockdown???

Angelflutter

Re: So now we're on lockdown???

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Good morals, common sense and caring for others has flown out the window. This is the " Me " generation. When I think of sociopaths today, I don't think of people with true psychological problems. I think spoiled rotten brats. When in our time of growing up did we see all the violence from our teenagers and those in their early 20s. And they're getting younger.... We NEVER would have even conceived of school shootings in our day. Bullying ain't what it used to be. And kids.... young kids just shoot people because they want to know what it feels like to kill somebody. What the what? And the "governing society " has no clue what to do with these kids. The parental abuse has got to stop. Parents need to be allowed to dicipline their kids. If that requires a slap on the butt..... so be it. I have said it over and over..... a true child abuser is going to beat their kids no matter what rules are laid out. The sad part..... we have not been allowed to dicipline for the past couple of generations, so young parents today have no clue on how to dicipline. Most of them will stand there and say..... I have never or will never hit my kid. I BELIEVE spanking should be used as a last resort...... but as my hubs says...." Even the dumbest of animals understand pain" I will probably take a lot of flak for these statements. Everybody has their own view. Some consider it violence.... some consider it dicipline. I apologize to anyone that doesn't agree with me. I was spanked as a child. I had welts on my legs from the belts and switches and whatever else mom / dad could grab ahold of. In today's terms.... I was very much a battered child. But you know what...... diciplining didn't hurt me. I am a well adjusted person. I have good coping skills. I have been employed continuously since I was 14 years old. I am a responsible adult. I pay my bills. I have never done drugs ( nor considered trying any )and I might have 2 or 3 drinks a year when I go to a Mexican restaurant on a hot summers day. I diciplined my daughter when needed as she was growing up. She turned out well. And she can tell you why she got every spanking she got..... and also tell you that she deserved them. She diciplined her son as he was growing up.. He is now 16. And a wonderful, respectful grandson he is. He is a joy to everyone he meets and hopes to be a prosecuting attorney one day. This world isn't what it used to be at all. And it's going to get worse.
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I concur. Isaac Asimov, who is probably one of the smartest men on the planet, said that if you had a dog and let it take a leak every where and p**p everywhere and bite at will-- until it was 6 month old and then if it did any of those things you shot it, you would be using the guidelines of the current juvenile justice system. He was of course referring to kids having absolutely no consequences for their actions until they turn 18.

And a "time out" never stopped a kid from running in front of a car but a swift smack on the behind might. A "time out" never stopped the same toddler from putting there hand on a hot stove where a judicious slap on the hand might, Let it be known I do not believe in beating anyone, least of all a child, but sometimes physical actions should be taken. Never with anger and never from anger, but th current system of approved child raising is clearly not working.
6 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I concur. Isaac Asimov, who is probably one of the smartest men on the planet, said that if you had a dog and let it take a leak every where and p**p everywhere and bite at will-- until it was 6 month old and then if it did any of those things you shot it, you would be using the guidelines of the current juvenile justice system. He was of course referring to kids having absolutely no consequences for their actions until they turn 18.

And a "time out" never stopped a kid from running in front of a car but a swift smack on the behind might. A "time out" never stopped the same toddler from putting there hand on a hot stove where a judicious slap on the hand might, Let it be known I do not believe in beating anyone, least of all a child, but sometimes physical actions should be taken. Never with anger and never from anger, but th current system of approved child raising is clearly not working.
Smart man.... indeed !!!
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

As RS says: ITA!
4 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago

I agree with you both. We got spankings when we
didn’t do as we were told. If we touched a hot stove
after being told not to we got spanked in addition to
having burned a finger or 2. We learned very quickly
to do as we were told. I come from a family of 6 kids.
Our grandpa lived with us as well as our uncle. We all
had chores to do. If you wanted your 25cents allowance
you did your
chores. Mom was overwhelmed So everyone helped
out. Our life wasn’t one of abuse. We all grew up to
be responsible adults. Everyone of us kids went to
college and worked to pay for it. We didn’t grow up to
rob liquor stores or do any other crimes. I’ve always
believed it takes discipline to become a responsible
member of society. For our society to work it
needs responsible people. If you want something
you save your money to buy it. You didn’t whine
to your parents about it. I have worked with horses
for many years and the way you train a horse is the
same way it’s mother trained it as a foal. Mothers in
nature train their babies to do this and not do that.
The mother is always trying to protect the baby. If the
baby doesn’t listen that baby is usually killed by
a predator. Elephants are great examples of what a good mother looks like. It’s all common sense in my book but
it amazes me how many parents today don’t have a clue
how to be a parent. I can only assume that they had
a poor example at home or read too many issues
of Parenting Today. My 2 cents
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree, kids now want everything handed to them and are spoiled rotten. My daughter use to do the time out thing with my grandson and it did not work, he was horrible, she finally listened to me and started smacking his butt, he is now 13 yrs. old and is kind, caring and sweet, the spanking was much more affective .
3 x