Blossom

Re: Mom & Anything Else You Want To Talk About

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Catticus
I cry for you. I've never understood why some people hurt the ones they love, lash out at the nearest target & sometimes seem incapable of loving. Please stay strong...for you. It will not always be this way. I hesitate to say but, if your very life is hanging by a thread, it may be time to consider a place w/professional caregivers for them? You can only do so much. I greatly admire anyone who can care for their parents in a home environment but Cat, you can't take care of others unless you take care of you...please.

@Gypsy
I'm sorry your relationship with your mom is strained & hope it will get better. She's missing so much.

@Vicky
How could you not help your dad. If they couldn't put in catheter SOMEONE had to & I see it as an act of love.

OSOTT & Angelflutter, many blessings to each of you as you care for your loved ones.

My parents & only sibling have all passed (Dad-1989, Mom-2008 & brother-2013). I too dealt w/difficult caregiver issues with my mom & brother but nothing that comes close to the struggles some of you are facing daily. I wish I had words of wisdom for everyone & wonder why some must endure so much heartache.

Ginger, I know you & your sister deserved a mother's unconditional love & hope you are ok.

Love, hugs & prayers to all of you💞
💜💞🌸💜💞🌸
Blossom you are so sweet ❣
Gypsy, sometimes I can feel a bit unappreciated by the people in my life, so thank you for the kind words!

Presently at 'the house of crime'. Looks as if the thieves are through shopping (couldn't find the broom last time, thought they stole it too...found it)! Hope I don't have any unexpected company while I'm here.

Blessed day to all💞
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Hello, everyone. I'm reading posts as I can - but mom is having a set back today. I called a nurse come at 7:30AM she recommended going to the ER and mom is firmly, vehemently saying "NO". She can refuse to go even if I call the ambulance and she knows that. I'm at my wits end and my blood pressure is really high as the nurse took it. I'm going to try to calm down. Mom's next infusion is coming up in a couple of hours so I'm going to just meditate and ground myself maybe catch a cat nap.

As I read every post I'm sorry I'm not commenting but I'm thinking and praying for all. All of you are such remarkable women - I'm in awe. Please also, if you comment to this post, I probably won't get around to replying until later (maybe) but only a "like" - because I'm so exhausted and I may be at the hospital.

Love to all....<3
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hello, everyone. I'm reading posts as I can - but mom is having a set back today. I called a nurse come at 7:30AM she recommended going to the ER and mom is firmly, vehemently saying "NO". She can refuse to go even if I call the ambulance and she knows that. I'm at my wits end and my blood pressure is really high as the nurse took it. I'm going to try to calm down. Mom's next infusion is coming up in a couple of hours so I'm going to just meditate and ground myself maybe catch a cat nap.

As I read every post I'm sorry I'm not commenting but I'm thinking and praying for all. All of you are such remarkable women - I'm in awe. Please also, if you comment to this post, I probably won't get around to replying until later (maybe) but only a "like" - because I'm so exhausted and I may be at the hospital.

Love to all....<3
@OtherSideOfTheTracks
IM SO SORRY 🥺🥺 sending prayers for your mother and you 💜 hopefully this afternoon will be better -Gypsy ❤
5 x

Gypsy

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
@Catticus
I cry for you. I've never understood why some people hurt the ones they love, lash out at the nearest target & sometimes seem incapable of loving. Please stay strong...for you. It will not always be this way. I hesitate to say but, if your very life is hanging by a thread, it may be time to consider a place w/professional caregivers for them? You can only do so much. I greatly admire anyone who can care for their parents in a home environment but Cat, you can't take care of others unless you take care of you...please.

@Gypsy
I'm sorry your relationship with your mom is strained & hope it will get better. She's missing so much.

@Vicky
How could you not help your dad. If they couldn't put in catheter SOMEONE had to & I see it as an act of love.

OSOTT & Angelflutter, many blessings to each of you as you care for your loved ones.

My parents & only sibling have all passed (Dad-1989, Mom-2008 & brother-2013). I too dealt w/difficult caregiver issues with my mom & brother but nothing that comes close to the struggles some of you are facing daily. I wish I had words of wisdom for everyone & wonder why some must endure so much heartache.

Ginger, I know you & your sister deserved a mother's unconditional love & hope you are ok.

Love, hugs & prayers to all of you💞
💜💞🌸💜💞🌸
Blossom you are so sweet ❣
Gypsy, sometimes I can feel a bit unappreciated by the people in my life, so thank you for the kind words!

Presently at 'the house of crime'. Looks as if the thieves are through shopping (couldn't find the broom last time, thought they stole it too...found it)! Hope I don't have any unexpected company while I'm here.

Blessed day to all💞

Blossom , Please be careful ❣keep your phone handy just in case
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Update #2 Sunday, February 16, 2020

Here's a list of everyone that we are praying for - but I"m so afraid our list is missing someone and if so, I'm awfully sorry. Please, if you need prayers, please post and let us know so we all can pray together for you or someone you want lifted in prayer. Thank you all! ~~~~ osott

HowRevelationary - She lost her mom
Ginger, her family and mother-in-law
Catticus and her parents
Ginger
Blossom
Angelflutter and her husband and mother
Gypsy
Gemsnob and her daughters
JewelryQueen and Sissy
RS and her daughter; her daughter's friend and her dad
Shop4joy
Jt
SueB
Margui
OSOTT and her mom
5 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 4 years ago

Thank you all dear ladies. I am so grateful for any prayers my way. FYI I now have 2 of 3 grandsons, 21 and only 6, with the bad flu. Oh my...thank you again. And you are all too weighing heavy in my thoughts and prayers.
T
5 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I never talk about the things I somehow feel comfortable posting here. I think we are all surprised how we opened up with all the suppressed pain we have been holding inside.
I was mad at God in the beginning. I stood on my feet 14 hrs a day trying to save lives for many years, when disaster struck. After botched surgery, I became so ill that I needed to be fed via an infusaport. I had no energy to stand, so it was a wheel chair. They took me to the OR so many times to try and repair my body that I lost count. My body was dying, but my mind stayed strong. In spite of it all, I bargained with God. I reminded him that the patients need me to make them better, so his job will be easier, while I carry out his miracles.
I think he bought my argument. Against all odds, I was able to return to work after 2 years.
Like I said with God on our side, miracles are easy for him. Never give into despair.
Like the song said:
THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW🌞🌝⭐️
7 x

Gypsy

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I never talk about the things I somehow feel comfortable posting here. I think we are all surprised how we opened up with all the suppressed pain we have been holding inside.
I was mad at God in the beginning. I stood on my feet 14 hrs a day trying to save lives for many years, when disaster struck. After botched surgery, I became so ill that I needed to be fed via an infusaport. I had no energy to stand, so it was a wheel chair. They took me to the OR so many times to try and repair my body that I lost count. My body was dying, but my mind stayed strong. In spite of it all, I bargained with God. I reminded him that the patients need me to make them better, so his job will be easier, while I carry out his miracles.
I think he bought my argument. Against all odds, I was able to return to work after 2 years.
Like I said with God on our side, miracles are easy for him. Never give into despair.
Like the song said:
THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW🌞🌝⭐️
@Vicky
You are one ultimate survivor ❣ your illness made you stronger and the compassion you so freely share is amazing. -Gypsy
5 x

Gypsy

Jt wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you all dear ladies. I am so grateful for any prayers my way. FYI I now have 2 of 3 grandsons, 21 and only 6, with the bad flu. Oh my...thank you again. And you are all too weighing heavy in my thoughts and prayers.
T
@Jt
Winter weather and the flu, YUCKY 🤒🤧 hope and pray for a speedy recovery for your grandsons 💙💙
Take care -Gypsy
4 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I know OSOTT,
Its such a Dilemma. We frequently got pts in the ER who for instance fell and needed stitches. They refused. Unless the children can get a judge to say the pt is not alert and oriented, that pt has a right to refuse treatment even if not taking the treatment can cause severe sepsis, etc. One day EMS bought in a elderly lady they picked up from her house. They said there was no food, no heat on. She had a big gash on her face. She refused treatment. Was upset to be in the ER. On her chart it showed one son living in another state. We find out he is a DR. Now we are so upset how he could leave his mom in this condition. The word gets around that she probably put him thru med school and now he couldnt care less. I called him to tell him his mom was in the ER. I tried to act cordial, while I was angry. Thats when he broke down. He said he took his mom to court several times to force her to get help, food, heat. She refuses. The judges always rule she is oriented and therefore has a right to live the way she wants. Now I felt guilty for assuming the son didnt care. She ended up refusing treatment and left. We had no right to stop her. Something needs to be changed in our laws. Just because a pt is oriented doesn't mean they are stable.just letting a person in desperate need of medical care just walk out, seems COLD. Not right. . Those times were a tough part of my job.
Hoping your mom feels better. I know how worried you are. So sorry☹️
4 x