Mom & Anything Else You Want To Talk About

Ginger

Re: Mom & Anything Else You Want To Talk About

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’m praying today is a better day for everyone, I am reading and trying to catch up on everything. Please know I think you’re all strong amazing women who offer so much to everyone in your family & your jobs. My birthday is Thursday & it will hurt my Mom isn’t here now & my wish is for all of you & your families to have a better day. I wish everyone gets much needed rest, your loved ones has an easier day & each one takes some time for yourself. I hope my wish comes true & know I miss you all. I’m sorry if I’ve not replied to many posts but when that state of depression takes hold of me, I retreat into my own little world & shut everything out. Please forgive my lack of replies, but know I appreciate you all. I wish you a wonderful Monday & I miss you all. Sending healing thoughts & prayers wherever needed.💛♥️💛 Ginger
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I’m praying today is a better day for everyone, I am reading and trying to catch up on everything. Please know I think you’re all strong amazing women who offer so much to everyone in your family & your jobs. My birthday is Thursday & it will hurt my Mom isn’t here now & my wish is for all of you & your families to have a better day. I wish everyone gets much needed rest, your loved ones has an easier day & each one takes some time for yourself. I hope my wish comes true & know I miss you all. I’m sorry if I’ve not replied to many posts but when that state of depression takes hold of me, I retreat into my own little world & shut everything out. Please forgive my lack of replies, but know I appreciate you all. I wish you a wonderful Monday & I miss you all. Sending healing thoughts & prayers wherever needed.💛♥️💛 Ginger
Good morning Ginger 💜 take care of yourself ❣
I think of you often during the day - ((HUGS)) -Gypsy
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Happy early Birthday Ginger 🎂💐
We all would want our parents to live forever. They DONT😥except in our HEART and dreams. I believe the Moms keep an eye on us from high up over the Rainbow. So, she will be celebrating right along with you ❤️
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
@Ginger
Please take care of yourself💞
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
@Ginger

I completely understand.
I retreat too.

In case I happen to be in 'Retreat Mode' on Thursday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...
My Dear, Sweet Ginger -🧸

🎈 🎉 💝 🎁 🛍 🍨 🧁 🍰 👑 🎊 🎂💃

🎊 👑 🍰 🧁 🍨 🛍 🎁 💝 🎉 🎈
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Just wanted to check in with my tribe. Im catching up with all of the posts from the last few days. So sorry to hear RS and hubby are battling some kind of bug. So much going around. Just know you are ALL on my mind. Catticus, did your mom ever have her procedure? I may have missed that update and Im sorry if I did. You and your parents are in my prayers. Ginger- please take care of yourself. I know you are hurting. There is no timetable for grief. Just know we are here for you and praying everyday. OSOTT- I saw your mom had a couple of good days and then a not so good day. Im sorry to hear this. I know what that is like. Please keep us posted. Blossom- you remind me of myself! When I read about your reaction to people being on the property without a realtor, I would have reacted the same way. Just be careful!
Still praying for everyone on the list. ❤
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Mom is on blood thinners and because she is taking antibiotics through and IV she gets Heparin after each treatment which is three times a day. I can't remember which day now, but she woke up and the bottom of the leg, entire leg, was black - an ENORMOUS bruise that was hair-raising. She was also not feeling well. The nurse came within 30 minutes and advised to get her to the ER. Mom refused. It was extremely frustrating.

I "think" it was caused by her getting a leg twisted in a sheet and her skin is so thin - and she is on th e blood thinners. I can't be certain though.

She is feeling a little better today, but now I'm just numb. She fights me regarding treatment on every single thing - she says she is not giving up - but I question that. I'm mad at myself for getting upset. I should just "accept" her doing "nothing" to help herself. She won't do physical therapy anymore either. It's hard emotionally.

I would appreciate prayers for her though.
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Mom is on blood thinners and because she is taking antibiotics through and IV she gets Heparin after each treatment which is three times a day. I can't remember which day now, but she woke up and the bottom of the leg, entire leg, was black - an ENORMOUS bruise that was hair-raising. She was also not feeling well. The nurse came within 30 minutes and advised to get her to the ER. Mom refused. It was extremely frustrating.

I "think" it was caused by her getting a leg twisted in a sheet and her skin is so thin - and she is on th e blood thinners. I can't be certain though.

She is feeling a little better today, but now I'm just numb. She fights me regarding treatment on every single thing - she says she is not giving up - but I question that. I'm mad at myself for getting upset. I should just "accept" her doing "nothing" to help herself. She won't do physical therapy anymore either. It's hard emotionally.

I would appreciate prayers for her though.
http://thebereavementacademy.com/unconv ... KRSpSh8K_4

My brother and I went through something with our mom about three years ago. Shes still with us but not the same. She went from being a home healthcare nurse that at 70, worked 60 hours a week to someone using a walker that rarely leaves her apartment. The above article is about grieving someone thats still alive.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY SPECIAL FORUM FRIENDS WHO ARE GOING THRU PERSONAL FAMILY GRIEF OR ILLNESS, but get up everyday and REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO OVERWHELMING FEELINGS OF DESPAIR — YOU ALL ARE WARRIERS —💪🏻😇🥰❤️

To you OSOTT- my heart breaks, knowing how worried you are about your mom, but cant make her do what you think is right.
Just watch your mom for anymore bruises. When is the last time they checked her pt/ ptt( if she is on coumadin ??) As far as the Heparin, I think you meant she gets her iv line flushed with Heparin to keep it patent ?? Because you mentioned she already is on blood thinners. Patients often do get a small bruise, not huge ones, while on blood thinners, but if she gets more or this one extends, if she still refuses to go to the hospital, maybe you can get a MD do a house call. There are Doctors on call. Her insurance might cover that.
I know how frustrated you feel and how torn you are. I had trying moments with my parents. I loved them soooo much, it was hard to try and go against their wishes. GOOD LUCK 🙏🏻❤️
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY SPECIAL FORUM FRIENDS WHO ARE GOING THRU PERSONAL FAMILY GRIEF OR ILLNESS, but get up everyday and REFUSE TO GIVE IN TO OVERWHELMING FEELINGS OF DESPAIR — YOU ALL ARE WARRIERS —💪🏻😇🥰❤️

To you OSOTT- my heart breaks, knowing how worried you are about your mom, but cant make her do what you think is right.
Just watch your mom for anymore bruises. When is the last time they checked her pt/ ptt( if she is on coumadin ??) As far as the Heparin, I think you meant she gets her iv line flushed with Heparin to keep it patent ?? Because you mentioned she already is on blood thinners. Patients often do get a small bruise, not huge ones, while on blood thinners, but if she gets more or this one extends, if she still refuses to go to the hospital, maybe you can get a MD do a house call. There are Doctors on call. Her insurance might cover that.
I know how frustrated you feel and how torn you are. I had trying moments with my parents. I loved them soooo much, it was hard to try and go against their wishes. GOOD LUCK 🙏🏻❤️
She is on Eloquist 5mg twice a day. Am I wrong about the Heparin? The amount I use to flush her lines do not add to thinning her blood? They take blood every week to test. They have never mentioned pt/ptt.
0 x