Shipping cost

Aces29

Shipping cost

Post by Aces29 » 4 years ago

Why do they charge $2.99 to ship per item but then bundle the items all together in one package?
So for example: If you bought 10 items, you would pay $2.99 x's 10 equals $29.90 for total shipping!!

After they cram all of the items in one package, they pay approx. $9 for shipping. The post office can tell you how much it cost for them to ship it to you. ;)

As a result, the customer over pays for shipping cost. :?
My opinion:
If they are going to charge $2.99 per item, then they should ship each item individually . So the customer gets what they are paying for.
If they are going to bundle, then they should discount the shipping cost for each item. That seems more fair to the customer. Anyone else agree?
12 x

Gem Lover

Re: Shipping cost

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree!
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I also agree!

Aces29, shipping on some items on live tv orders are higher than $2.99. Always look before ordering from live tv so you won't be unpleasantly surprised.
Last edited by Blossom 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

If you’ve ever had or worked in a business that ships products you’d understand that the shipping has to cover the cost of the shipping materials, the postage and the labor if takes to locate and package up all the items! All of that is actually much more money than $2.99 per item. The other shopping networks charge $7.99 and up to ship one ring. Also you can take advantage of the UPS bundle shipping and pay $29.99 for an unlimited number of items within a 24 hour period.
4 x

Gem Lover

@ D-Flawless I think they charge to much If they mail me 10 items at $2.99 each in one package than that is around $30 that it is costing me. When I return items I use the flat rate box or envelope to ship back my returns, I wait until I have multiple items to return and with the flat rate you can put in as many items that you can fit in the box or envelope for one low price, it does not go by weight and they get it back within 2 days at the latest, it usually cost me under $20 including insurance so why can shop lc not do this if they are going to ship all my items at once and to top it off it takes forever for me to get my orders from them, if I can ship items back for less and in less time than they should be able to do the same.Most places factor in the shipping cost when pricing an item anyways. I hardly ever pay for shipping with JTV when I shop on the web with them , they usually have free shipping if an item is over $49.
6 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@ D-Flawless I think they charge to much If they mail me 10 items at $2.99 each in one package than that is around $30 that it is costing me. When I return items I use the flat rate box or envelope to ship back my returns, I wait until I have multiple items to return and with the flat rate you can put in as many items that you can fit in the box or envelope for one low price, it does not go by weight and they get it back within 2 days at the latest, it usually cost me under $20 including insurance so why can shop lc not do this if they are going to ship all my items at once and to top it off it takes forever for me to get my orders from them, if I can ship items back for less and in less time than they should be able to do the same.Most places factor in the shipping cost when pricing an item anyways. I hardly ever pay for shipping with JTV when I shop on the web with them , they usually have free shipping if an item is over $49.
I always get free shipping from JTV too but their prices and quality are horrible compared to ShopLC so I don’t buy from them often and I don’t mind paying the $2.99 shipping. I usually only buy on the RA at ShopLC and lately there has been many days of reduced shipping....like today!...as well as 10% off. No one else does even close to the volume that ShopLC does...JTV is tiny in comparison! I do buy non-jewelry items from other vendors and the shipping is never cheap...except when it’s over $25 on Amazon! I don’t do Prime...it’s a rip off.
3 x

Gem Lover

@ D-Flawless Lately I have not had to return my J channel orders, they have all been very nice and well made, but my shop lc orders I have had to return many, the ones that came in today are going back and one of the rings I got from shop lc had a stone fall out just past the 30 days and it was the second time wearing it but because I really like the style of the ring and there are no more in stock, I searched for another inexpensive ring with the same size stone that fell out and ordered it so I can use the stone in it to get the other one repaired, so it cost me $29 for the cheap ring plus the price the jeweler will charge to fix the ring so that is not a deal. My orders from shop hq came in today and I also loved those, no issues. I had stopped shopping with JTV for about 2 years because of quality issues but I started back with them a few months ago and so far it has been pretty good, all my rings from them have had a finished under gallery and the gemstones have been nice, everything that I purchased was on sale for a good price and a couple I found coupons for. Last night I ordered a Bali ring that was clearance priced and I ordered a knuckle to knuckle mutil-tourmaline ring, they had many good deals last night.
5 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I (and 100 million others) disagree with you, D-Flawless, regarding Amazon Prime and I find it worth it. :) I fully utilize everything that Prime encompasses from video streaming, music, books, to using my Amazon Echo's through the house (I depend on this now), to subscriptions that come to me once a month that saves me money but also I hate to buy in a store because it's so bulky I have to do one trip just for these items (paper towels, toilette paper, mom's depends). The free 2-day shipping (or same day shipping and you get it next day if you need it fast which I've used several times) and EASY returns more than pays for the membership of $12.99 a month. Some places have Prime Now that delivers in 2-hours! I can't wait to get that. I also get deliveries on Sunday now too.

I use Amazon wardrobe where you get to try on clothes (because I can't go shopping for myself right now due to I can't leave my mother alone) free and I have seven days to try on the clothes and return what I don't want for free in an included resealable box and prepaid shipping label. <<< love that.

So for $119 a year or you can pay $12.99 month-by-month, it's really worth it to me. Also, if you are student it's only $59 a year and if you are using EBT or medicaid, you only pay $5.99 a month.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I (and 100 million others) disagree with you, D-Flawless, regarding Amazon Prime and I find it worth it. :) I fully utilize everything that Prime encompasses from video streaming, music, books, to using my Amazon Echo's throughout the house (I depend on this now), to subscriptions that come to me once a month that saves me money but also I hate to buy in a store because it's so bulky I have to do one trip just for these items (paper towels, toilette paper, mom's depends). The free 2-day shipping (or same day shipping and you get it next day if you need it fast which I've used several times) and EASY returns more than pays for the membership of $12.99 a month. Some places have Prime Now that delivers in 2-hours! I can't wait to get that. I also get deliveries on Sunday now too.

I use Amazon wardrobe where you get to try on clothes (because I can't go shopping for myself right now due to I can't leave my mother alone) free and I have seven days to try on the clothes and return what I don't want for free in an included resealable box and prepaid shipping label. <<< love that.

So for $119 a year or you can pay $12.99 month-by-month, it's really worth it to me. Also, if you are student it's only $59 a year and if you are using EBT or medicaid, you only pay $5.99 a month.
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I dont understand why a company whos business it is to ship things gets away with charging customers a handling fee. You wouldnt have your business if not for customers ordering and you chose that business to be in. Its like a food joint charging a handling fee because they have to go to the kitchen to retrieve your food. Its part of it.
6 x