Catt--check in please (not about gems or jewelry)

JewelryQueen

Catt--check in please (not about gems or jewelry)

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Catticus

I threw a story together to cheer you up (and the others too).

Now here is something to look forward to. Keep an eye out Thursday or Friday for some mail (according to UPS). It would have gotten to you sooner but with the holiday there is a delay. The lemon and orange are for you and you don't have to share. The rose is for mom. The lemon may be a little thin as I got interrupted in the middle of making it and I may have already put in distilled water and put more in. That is the one ingredient you can eff up and It won't hurt anything, but may not be as "rich" as it would be normally. Hopefully this modest gift will lift your spirits a bit. Sometimes we just need to pamper ourselves and the little things can matter.

You know I care deeply about you so take care of yourself. The ONLY thing you can ever do to disappoint me would be to hurt yourself. That would break me. I am strong, but that would do me in.

I and the whole gang are praying for you and praying HARD. Please check in when you can so I can quit worrying.
5 x

Catticus

Re: Catt--check in please (not about gems or jewelry)

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

💞🌿🍊🌿🌹🌿🍋🌿💞
2 x

Catticus

@JewelryQueen

Please don't worry about THAT. I could never do that to my twin. We're both terrified of being the one "left."

I get tired emotionally. I can't talk with my mother the way I could a few years ago because of her bad hearing. I get yelled at if I talk too soft, and yelled at if I talk too loud. It's become impossible to have a conversation with her. My father is not a talker, never has been, so I've been alone for years here.

It hurts being yelled at and criticized by your parents, even when you're no longer a child.

My sis is visiting tomorrow, I found out about an hour ago. I dread it and I don't. It's difficult to explain.

Thank you for your words, the wonderful gifts, and your much needed prayers!
💞🦋💞

P.S.:
Did you know that in 2015 Ann Rule's sons were charged with the ongoing theft of over 100,000 from her? It's so sad. And, it really makes me angry. 😠😡😠

Sara Jean Green - 2015
Seattle Times:
"The two adult sons of true-crime writer Ann Rule were charged last week with theft for allegedly bilking their ailing mother out of more than $100,000, though investigators are still digging into years of financial records to determine her total losses, court records show.

One brother teamed up with his two sisters to protect their mom from their eldest brother, 54-year-old Andrew “Andy” Rule, of Kent, who has allegedly badgered and harangued Ann Rule for extra money for years — cash he largely spent on drugs, online betting on horse races and trips to strip clubs, according to charging documents and other court records.

After the siblings got a temporary protection order in January barring Andy Rule from contacting their mother, that second brother, 51-year-old Michael “Mike” Rule, is accused of forging checks, stealing mail and using credit cards all belonging to Ann Rule, the 83-year-old author who was diagnosed last month with dementia, the court records say.

For years, Ann Rule has been paying each of her children generous salaries for work they’ve done on her behalf, according to the records. Combined, the two brothers and two sisters receive $25,000 a month, with Mike Rule’s wife Marie also receiving a monthly salary from her mother-in-law up until recently, according to the records.

The money allegedly stolen by her sons does not include their salaries, or the money Ann Rule paid monthly to cover Andy Rule’s rent, medical insurance and car insurance, the records say. Mike and Marie Rule were together paid $9,000 a month, while Andy Rule received $5,000 a month plus money for his other expenses, according to the documents.

Andy Rule, who was arrested in March for violating the protection order, was charged Friday with third-degree theft, domestic violence. Between October 2013 and March, he received more than $23,000 in checks from his mother’s personal account, charging papers say.

Mike Rule was also charged Friday with first-degree counts of theft and forgery, with both charges also carrying domestic-violence designations. He is accused of forging his mother’s signature on dozens of checks between March and October 2014 for more than $106,000 — with checks totaling more than $85,000 made out to himself and his wife, charging papers say.

Two days before Mike Rule was criminally charged, King County Senior Deputy Prosecutor Amanda Froh obtained temporary, vulnerable-adult-protection orders prohibiting Mike Rule and his wife from having any contact with Ann Rule, court records show.

The criminal investigation began March 2 after one of Ann Rule’s sons-in-law contacted prosecutors about his suspicions that Andy and Mike Rule were financially exploiting their mother, charging papers say.

According to a search warrant in the case, investigators are digging into financial records back to at least 2011. In March 2012, $150,000 was withdrawn from Ann Rule’s account and the next month, Mike Rule refinanced his mortgage, lowering his loan by roughly the same amount, the warrant says.

That May, another $183,500 was withdrawn from one of Ann Rule’s investment accounts — and investigators sought court permission to delve further into Mike Rule’s mortgage and loan information, according to the warrant.

In January, Ann Rule wrote an affidavit in support of a protection order against Andy Rule.

“To Andy, I’m just one big money sign, The Bank of Ann/Mom whom he thinks will never run out of cash,” Ann Rule, who lives in Normandy Park, wrote in the affidavit.

“If I say yes, he thanks me profusely. If I say no, he does his best to make me feel guilty. He is bitter, accusatory, deserted by the mother who should be granting his every wish,” her affidavit continues.

A former Seattle police officer, Rule has written more than 30 books during a career that dates to 1969 and has spawned more than 20 million copies in print. First published in 1980, Rule’s breakthrough-book, “The Stranger Beside Me,” chronicled the serial killings of Ted Bundy, whom Rule had worked with at a Seattle crisis clinic.

Rule’s cognitive and physical health have declined since she fell and broke a hip in October 2013, charging papers say. Since then she has had full-time, live-in caregivers and “is largely confined to a wheelchair,” is unable to perform daily tasks without assistance and is on oxygen at all times, the papers say.

Once Andy Rule was out of the picture due to the protection order, Mike Rule “began engaging in similar tactics of intimidation and coercion to pressure his mother to provide him funds above his monthly salary,” the charges say. He demanded to know the contents of her will and the size of his inheritance and insisted he needed extra money for his mortgage and other expenses, according to the charges.

“He would yell at his mother demanding money as she cowered in her wheelchair,” the charges say, noting that at least one caregiver quit because of Mike Rule’s volatile temper."

It's sad, but it makes me fummmmme. A writer who had a huge heart and spoke for victims of crimes, became a victim herself. By her own sons.

I read that after she died her children started squabbling and fighting over her estate. I'm not sure if that includes all of them. But it's disgusting.
😢
3 x

JewelryQueen

My gosh!!!! Where have I been? Under a rock? I had NO IDEA. That does explain a lot though as I haven't heard from Ann in roughly 8-10 years. I did not know Mike, but I myself was not very fond of Randy Andy or just Randy as shortened by many who knew him. I was also only acquainted with one daughter. Laurie or Leslie, cannot remember which, but she was nice. I think she was a court reporter. I also remember that Bob Sheriff knew Ann from their police days. He was a bit older than she. When I knew her she dyed her hair red and was a very feisty, sawed off shotgun, jewish mother style woman who was smart as a whip. What a horrible situation for a magnificent woman I admired very much.
3 x

Catticus

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
My gosh!!!! Where have I been? Under a rock? I had NO IDEA. That does explain a lot though as I haven't heard from Ann in roughly 8-10 years. I did not know Mike, but I myself was not very fond of Randy Andy or just Randy as shortened by many who knew him. I was also only acquainted with one daughter. Laurie or Leslie, cannot remember which, but she was nice. I think she was a court reporter. I also remember that Bob Sheriff knew Ann from their police days. He was a bit older than she. When I knew her she dyed her hair red and was a very feisty, sawed off shotgun, jewish mother style woman who was smart as a whip. What a horrible situation for a magnificent woman I admired very much.
@JewelryQueen

That's the Ann Rule I remember seeing in interviews, programs, etc. Red hair, and great instincts!

Writing True Crime books would be very difficult. You have the timeline of events, people involved, families, law enforcement, the background of the victim(s) and the criminal(s). Then you need to weave it into a story that is interesting to read with descriptions and dialogue and some graphic truths. It needs to flow, and not sound like a newspaper. That requires a certain intelligence.

I recall her mentioning a Bob (Robert?) Sheriff in either one or more of her books. She said something about him taking a lot of ribbing about his name, but that it didn't bother him; he was used to it.

I think she felt badly that her children had lost their father, and she perhaps also felt guilty because she, being the only breadwinner, had to work long hours.

So, she may have been trying to "make up" for their lean years. Add that drugs are something many get involved in, and when they have access to money it can make that aspect worse...and a mother who's got a soft heart with guilt, and you can have a recipe for disaster.

Leslie has written a book. Well, she likely has written more. I'm looking back at Ann's redhaired days.

She was a strong, loving woman and I too admired her so much.

You are so fortunate to have known her! I'm positive she felt very fortunate knowing you, too. She had someone to talk with who was a lot like her! Two women who both thought so much alike. She saw you as strong, caring and noooooo dummy. I KNOW it was refreshing for her to have someone like you to talk with.

From things she has said here and there in her books, I believe she is with Jesus.

Her sons can have her estate. I hope they enjoy a long, wonderful life here on our planet. Because they are going to meet their maker, just as we all will, and if they continue on the path they've chosen, at least they'll have a good time while HERE. But it WILL end. And that's the sad part. I can't speak as to what is in their hearts. Perhaps the drugs made them lose their temper, etc. But, their actions make me think they better enjoy it here as much as they can if they choose not to change, because I fear for where they will spend eternity.
😢

Poor Ann! But she really did so much good for so many. Her ability to help others will continue on and on because so many will read her books and get out of unsafe relationships, know a "red flag" when they see one, trust their gut instincts which so often saves lives, and more.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

The squabbling after parents die goes on in most families.I have friends who dont speak to their siblings since the parents died. I decided that I have 1 sister and 1 Brother and I wont let money tear us apart. It hurt me financially, but I have my siblings who I love very much. My Dad always told me- that whatever is meant to be mine- will be. Even if one gets alot of money, if its not meant for them to be rich, the money will be spent on expenses, sometime medical. He said GOD loves his children, so he makes his plans, so leave the worrying to him. I sometimes have little talks with God about me not having to worry🤔😏😉
3 x

JewelryQueen

Vicky, I hear you. Sometime I will post about ¨The Locust Family¨in regards to relatives actions after a loved one goes to their reward.

Catticus

I totally agree. Ann was one of the most intriguing women I have ever met. And her sons will eventually get what they deserve.

I don't mean to imply that Ann and I were besties, but we had an ongoing relationship for many years. I just figured out that when she was going through that horrible drama was at the time when I was very self-involved with the fight for my life with cancer. I am ashamed that during that period I did not keep in contact with many of my friends. I didn´t even have energy to watch the news.

Once when I was in escrow I went to sign loan papers for an elderly woman. No one answered the door but it was open and when I entered I searched for her (due to her age I thought perhaps a heart attack or she was otherwise imobilized). I found her hiding under her bed!! She pleaded with me not to make her sign the papers. I told her that NO WAY would I make her sign papers other than of her own free will. She was obviously under duress. Come to find out that a sleazy contractor used to search the obituaries from several years back, and then go call on widows with lines like "I can see there is not man around the house and you obviously need some work done". This lady's repair of the roof over her back porch escalated into a whole house re-model that she neither wanted nor could afford and still live comfortably. I refused to sign her and gave her the contact information for the the state's Attorney General. The upshot was I called Ann and asked her advice. I don´t know what she did exactly, but the contractor backed off VERY SOON after that conversation and in fact left the state. I felt the fine hand of Ann in that scenario.
6 x

Catticus

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
The squabbling after parents die goes on in most families.I have friends who dont speak to their siblings since the parents died. I decided that I have 1 sister and 1 Brother and I wont let money tear us apart. It hurt me financially, but I have my siblings who I love very much. My Dad always told me- that whatever is meant to be mine- will be. Even if one gets alot of money, if its not meant for them to be rich, the money will be spent on expenses, sometime medical. He said GOD loves his children, so he makes his plans, so leave the worrying to him. I sometimes have little talks with God about me not having to worry🤔😏😉
@Vicky 💗

I have those exact same talks with Him! 😊

In regards to my future, I try very hard to leave it in His hands. Do I get scared? Yes. TERRIFIED? You bet!

Then it's back to remembering that "tomorrow" really doesn't exist, except on calendars.
🍃🌺🌿🌸🦋🐱🦋🌸🌿🌺🍃
4 x

Catticus

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky, I hear you. Sometime I will post about ¨The Locust Family¨in regards to relatives actions after a loved one goes to their reward.

Catticus

I totally agree. Ann was one of the most intriguing women I have ever met. And her sons will eventually get what they deserve.

I don't mean to imply that Ann and I were besties, but we had an ongoing relationship for many years. I just figured out that when she was going through that horrible drama was at the time when I was very self-involved with the fight for my life with cancer. I am ashamed that during that period I did not keep in contact with many of my friends. I didn´t even have energy to watch the news.

Once when I was in escrow I went to sign loan papers for an elderly woman. No one answered the door but it was open and when I entered I searched for her (due to her age I thought perhaps a heart attack or she was otherwise imobilized). I found her hiding under her bed!! She pleaded with me not to make her sign the papers. I told her that NO WAY would I make her sign papers other than of her own free will. She was obviously under duress. Come to find out that a sleazy contractor used to search the obituaries from several years back, and then go call on widows with lines like "I can see there is not man around the house and you obviously need some work done". This lady's repair of the roof over her back porch escalated into a whole house re-model that she neither wanted nor could afford and still live comfortably. I refused to sign her and gave her the contact information for the the state's Attorney General. The upshot was I called Ann and asked her advice. I don´t know what she did exactly, but the contractor backed off VERY SOON after that conversation and in fact left the state. I felt the fine hand of Ann in that scenario.
@JewelryQueen 💗

Please do not EVER, EVER call yourself "SELF-INVOLVED"!

I admire you so much, and wish I was like you.

You are very strong, but my goodness, remember that you are still HUMAN!

You weren't being "self-involved", my Queen. You were healing. If there was any "self" there, it would be "self-healing." And that's not selfish or self absorbed. It's SURVIVAL.

I understood that you didn't mean you "hung out" with Ann, etc. I knew what you meant.

I believe Ann called a few of her pals in law enforcement, etc., and that got rid of that sleazebag.

JQ, I'm so glad you were there for that woman. I believe you saved her life.

Thank you again for the lotions! I am looking forward to them! And don't worry about whether some might be a bit watery...

A secret...Shhhhhhh...🤫

I often add water to some types of lotions, liquid soaps, etc., to make them last longer.

You are SOOOOO special!
🌸🌿🍋🌿🍊🐾🐱🐾🍊🌿🍋🌿🌸
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen that is the sweetest thing for you to do for dear Cat. You have a generous kind giving heart, I wish there was something I could do for you. I bet your lotions are divine & I am so jealous, the rose lotion sounds heavenly!! Dear @Catticus I can understand your depression & what you’re going through, but please always know I am here for you anytime. I think we’ve experienced similar problems in our lives. But please know, you’re NEVER alone. I will be here for anyone, whether you just need to vent, get advice or just want to chat. Have a beautiful day my sweet friends 💜💜
5 x