Shoplc: no longer original

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Shoplc: no longer original

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I miss the old shoplc with fun searching for coupons that were added when things did not sell out on the air. Boy did I snag bargains. Shoplc and I both made out. I paid less, but kept on buying.
This Shungite causing pain relief is being exposed on air.
Karen Connely is right now trying to sell the Tens unit and she complains of all kinds of pains that the Tens unit relieves for her.
I THOUGHT SHUNGITE RELIEVED THE PAINS OF THE HOSTS 🧐🤪
8 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I have been a customer for years and always ShopLC were selling quality gems with incredible prices. The quality is going down and now they are selling stones full of glass (Fissure-filled) as "premium". For me, one of the positive things are the budget pays because without it, I would not bought some of the pieces I own, then helping the kids with every purchase. Gone are the days, when you could buy gold; now it's vermeil, silverstone or goldtone. I still remember my very first purchase: A 14kt gold peridot stud earrings that I got for my sister. Many hosts scream when it's no necessary to do so or making fun of us on live TV. They look like vendors screaming on a street market. And most of these hosts are GIA gemologists. My goodness! I wish Kevin is back.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

ShopLC has made o many changes. Unfortunately none of the changes were good. New customers might think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread..... but those of us that have been here a long time have other thoughts. Let's talk about some of the changes:
1. ) We don't like having 2 or more hosts presenting. There is too much uncalled for chit chat and trying to overtalk each other. In trying to out talk eac other they start talking louder and louder..... eventually it just turns into yelling. The hosts get off of subject, the camera spends more time on them and not on the items that are for sale. Items in some cases are not measured. There is no 360 degree tour of the item. I prefer finished rings and pendants and bracelet links..... sometimes we are not shown the underside of the item to see if they are finished.
2) We don't care how many of an item have been sold..... we want to know how many are available. So please, stop showing the counter of how many have been sold..... please count down how many are left.
3.) We are tired of the 24 hour smackdowns. It's really sad there are people that maybe only get that 1 day of the week off and they are stuck watching 24 hours of 1 gemstone. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING should be on for more than a 2 hour block of time. It just gets boring and monotonous to show anything for any longer than that.
4. ) The price games have got to go. Pretty seldom explanatory. One price for the same item this day, a different price that day and yet another price on another day. Coupons that don't work. Or pricing as such that you can't even use the coupons.
5 ) Subpar items. Stones that fall out, pieces arriving broken or break after wearing a couple of times. The return policies in effect. The rude customer service department. Customer service employees that lie or don't know what to do or know how to give proper answers to customers.
6.) Orders taking to long to fill and ship out. Not arriving to destination in an appropriate amount of time.
7. ) You used to be able to get some really really nice things in the under $10.00 day. Real silver and gemstones, nice stainless steel pieces. Things you would be proud to own and proud to give as gifts. Now it's a lot of goldtone / silvertone costume jewelry. I used to get a lot of unique pieces on under $10 day. Now everything is boring. It's like they've run out of new ideas. I have pieces from way back when they only made 25 to 50 of a piece. It was neat to know I was 1 in 50 in the world that owned a piece. Now they sell everything in the hundreds or thousands.
8.) Back in the day, they would show an item for 2 to 3 minutes.... move on and show another item. Now they show items for 10 minutes or more. ( I have seen them spend an hour on items. ) If that isn't bad enough they play all of their stupid pricing games. Then take forever to reach the final price. By the time they do drop to the final price..... sizes are sold out. I have missed many purchases due to that. Not going to order till I know the final price. I am not made of $$$. I cannot afford to overdrawn on my bank account and end up paying an overdraft fee to my bank. And I am darned sure I am not going to trek to the post office to mail things back at my cost.
That's pretty much the tip of my iceberg. I'm sure I could think of more to add, but I'm tired and my brain is fried. Ladies, if I missed something.... PLEASE add your 2 cents. MAYBE someone who gives a sh&t will read this. Doubtful, but I guess I can toss it in my prayer list that somebody capable of making changes reads our cimplaints. Peace out ...... Angelflutter. :)
15 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

oh I forgot..... lying about the quality of gemstones. Really Triple AAA (FF ) Rubies and Sapphires ? Grandiderite that looks like a rock ( Not opaque ) Comparison pricing a premium gem to your gems that are NOT premium. Don't get me wrong. You do have nice stuff. God knows I have ordered enough. BUT , some of your comparison prices are way, way off. Buyers..... educate yourselves before making big $$$$ purchases..... Angelflutter
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Well said AngelFlutter! When I first started shopping here I was hooked on the good quality and low prices and the fact every few days they would have a 40% off coupon that you could use on ALL ITEMS! Sad how much it has changed.
9 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Totally agree @Angelflutter it’s so ridiculous how things have changed in a few months. At times I feel like I am watching an episode of The Gong Show :lol: I just want management to listen & thought they actually were, but it didn’t last! I don’t like the duo hosts, price games, the poor quality of merchandise when I usually didn’t have to worry, long shipping times, trouble getting refunds & trying to find excuses to keep others money, and those stupid Smackdowns. I honestly am fed up with them & this company won’t last long if this continues, but no one seems to be listening or even cares. And I don’t care what the mods say, I know what I see when I’m on this website & there’s so many glitches & problems that they say have been fixed-not! I wonder what happened to @Rolltide trying to get her refunds. Her name didn’t even come up when I was typing it, was she banned or what. And the guy complaining about the shipping costs to Canada & no one would reply from the mods. Has anyone noticed he’s just disappeared? It seems strange and I don’t like these new changes and exorbitant prices.
9 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Rolltide

I've felt so frustrated for you , OSOTT & others that have been going thru these horrible customer service issues. Completely understand why you wouldnt want to give SLC your business any longer. All this is sad. Hope they get everything corrected for you. -Gypsy
6 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

SLC: Swiftly Losing Customers
🙁
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Hey @Ginger I'm still here lol. Just waiting until everything is completely finished on the refunds before I post again, want to be sure they received everything back, etc. If all is as it seems, then everything should be fine. I hold no ill will for this company, but I have decided not to do business with them because they have no customer service department, and I would never want to be in this position again if I had another problem and required assistance. And it is a shame, because there are SOME changes they made that I would have liked, like some of their pieces set in gold they are beginning to offer. But if they can't take care of their customers, would be a horrible thing to spend that kind of money, then have some problem arise where you needed to rely on customer service. They just don't have any. Hope you are doing well, Ginger. Stay warm! -Rolltide
I don't blame you. The more that happens, the more I read on here, I just think this place is heading down a road I don't want to be involved in. What if I make a large purchase then they go under? No way to refund the money or anything. I can see it happening or something similar.
3 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

All this " stuff" is why I no longer have Shoplc on my tv live 24/7. ( which I used to do and loved every minute of it) I shop online now and don't worry about watching live. Sure maybe I miss a couple of good deals but It really doesn't matter anymore. It seems like I am " lucky" that almost every time I turn on the channel to view live presentations I get to see Opatra face , opatra hairbrush, thousand dollar grandeterite and Tanzanite rings. Now I am seeing presentations of lotions, pain lotions, .metal mirrors, trinket boxes and pots and pans. Sometimes I wonder if I accidentally put the tv on to the wrong channe! and I'm watching either the channel that specializes in expensive jewelry items or the one that has become a department store on television.
5 x