I've done a head count and we're missing 2

JewelryQueen

I've done a head count and we're missing 2

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Am I losing it or have we not heard from Catticus or RS in the last day or so? Call me a nag but these girl are going on restriction if I don't hear soon!! Seriously, with RS and hubby ill and Catt seemingly depressed I really worry. Boy do I wish we could just call each other!!

PS--- I think we should add Butterfly to our prayer list as she seems a little cooped up and maybe a little lonely. Been there . Done that. and it ain't fun. Let's pray for a little change up and for something she can get excited about to come into her life.
3 x

Gemsnob

Re: I've done a head count and we're missing 2

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Am I losing it or have we not heard from Catticus or RS in the last day or so? Call me a nag but these girl are going on restriction if I don't hear soon!! Seriously, with RS and hubby ill and Catt seemingly depressed I really worry. Boy do I wish we could just call each other!!

PS--- I think we should add Butterfly to our prayer list as she seems a little cooped up and maybe a little lonely. Been there . Done that. and it ain't fun. Let's pray for a little change up and for something she can get excited about to come into her life.
JQ, this was on my mind all day yesterday. I didn't want to post anything because RS had mentioned they had been sick and Catticus was dealing with so much but I am a worrier too. I know RS is trying to get her shop going and her hubby retired so it changed the dynamic at home. I hope they pop in to let us know how they are.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I think Catticus was on and off early yesterday.
Sure am hoping that RS is just being busy.

I really, really, really wish that Shop4Joy would
pop up!

Keeping all in prayer, all of the time.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
I think Catticus was on and off early yesterday.
Sure am hoping that RS is just being busy.

I really, really, really wish that Shop4Joy would
pop up!

Keeping all in prayer, all of the time.
I've been thinking a lot about Shop4joy also.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈
....is here!

Too much for me going on right now.

Mother's procedure supposedly set for the 29th of this month. She's had several appointments before this and her Pre-Op is Monday, I think.

I never know what day it is anymore. Does it really matter?

Father can barely walk because he has bad Plantar Fasciatis and uses a cane. Got him three pairs of shoes that help. He also got a Cortisone shot.

Sis's "FNA" (fine needle aspiration) was done (FINALLY) last week on her thyroid nodule and the results aren't in yet.

I need to go to the lab for blood work, see the PA again for my routine visit, then re-re-re-set up an appointment for a mammogram I don't want. My appointments were supposed to be done at this same time last year.

I'm feeling "harrassed" and pressured. It's making my anxiety and depression worse.

No offense to anyone here, okay? But I don't "believe" in mammograms. But if I don't get one, they'll probably write "Non-Compliant" in my chart.

Well tooooo bad!!!! Sorrrrrrrry! Geeeeeez! My car was in the shop, my mom had just had her heart attacks, falls, and then her stent surgery, and my sis has a thyroid nodule.

I DON'T CARE, SO GIVE ME MY RX AND THEN LEAVE ME ALONE!
😠

Sigh. I have never seen a doctor there once. It's a clinic "ran" by a doctor, but it's only PAs who patients see. Not that I mind that. Good luck seeing a doctor in this city. They now use PAs.
😤

I don't have the desire to do ANYTHING. I have gotten even worse since my parents started seriously declining.

My mom is of course "different" now. I hate seeing them weaken. I hate them not remembering things. I know some of it is the medication my mom is on but Monday when my sis was here, my mom said "Do you all realize what's coming up next month?!?" We said "What?" She said "Thanksgiving!"

We said "No, mommmmm. Easter is coming up soon but we just had Valentines Day. It's FEBRUARY, mom."

"IT ISSSSSSSSSS?!?! I could have sworn this was October!"

At least she has a sense of humor and we were all able to laugh with her about it.

But I never thought I'd EVER see my mom get "dingy." She's still smart, it's just that she's kind of "spacey."

When they comment on their memory loss, etc., I always say: "You're 94 years old! And trust me...you're still far more alert and knowledgeable than most of the young people in their 20s and 30s out there!"

My mom is VERY stubborn and when I try to help with certain things she yellllllls. So, I do the things I can, and then the rest of the time I'm in my room, here.

It's been this way for a long, long, LONG time.

I realized that I haven't had a real (and I mean an "in person" and WANTED one by both "parties") conversation with a family member or friend for years.

I know I've isolated and retreated, but there are no other options, while staying here. It was and is self-survival.

I looked at the calendar and it's filled...with doctors appointments for my parents. Some just routine. Sigh. And all an hour or more away.

Time to catch up on reading posts, and I will be posting to our wonderful @JewelryQueen and she knows why!
🌿🌹🧴 🌹🌿 🍋 🧴 🍋 🌿 🍊🧴🍊 🌿

I won some beautiful items for very low prices on the RA, but every single time I try to pay, I get kicked off the site and have to re-login.

I am through purchasing from here AND that now includes the auctions.

Just wanted to give an update.

I have now realized that I am a child who grew up, was an adult for awhile, then got hit over and over in the face with life, and then finally got "hit" too much, so regressed backwards.
🍼

Signed,

The Big Baby Who Never Grew Up.
💖 🍋🌿🍊🌹👶🏻🌹🍊🌿🍋 💖
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈
....is here!

Mother's procedure supposedly set for the 29th of this month. She's had several appointments before this and her Pre-Op is Monday, I think.

Father can barely walk because he has bad Plantar Fasciatis and uses a cane. Got him three pairs of shoes that help. He also got a Cortisone shot.

Sis's "FNA" (fine needle aspiration) was done (FINALLY) last week on her thyroid nodule and the results aren't in yet.

I need to go to the lab for blood work, see the PA again for my routine visit, then re-re-re-set up an appointment for a mammogram I don't want. My appointments were supposed to be done at this same time last year.

I'm feeling "harrassed" and pressured. It's making my anxiety and depression worse.

No offense to anyone here, okay? But I don't "believe" in mammograms. But if I don't get one, they'll probably write "Non-Compliant" in my chart.

Well tooooo bad!!!! Sorrrrrrrry! Geeeeeez! My car was in the shop, my mom had just had her heart attacks, falls, and then her stent surgery, and my sis has a thyroid nodule.

😠

Sigh. I have never seen a doctor there once. It's a clinic "ran" by a doctor, but it's only PAs who patients see. Not that I mind that. Good luck seeing a doctor in this city. They now use PAs.
😤

I don't have the desire to do ANYTHING. I have gotten even worse since my parents started seriously declining.

My mom is of course "different" now. I hate seeing them weaken. I hate them not remembering things. I know some of it is the medication my mom is on but Monday when my sis was here, my mom said "Do you all realize what's coming up next month?!?" We said "What?" She said "Thanksgiving!"

We said "No, mommmmm. Easter is coming up soon but we just had Valentines Day. It's FEBRUARY, mom."

At least she has a sense of humor and we were all able to laugh with her about it.

But I never thought I'd EVER see my mom get "dingy." She's still smart, it's just that she's kind of "spacey."

When they comment on their memory loss, etc., I always say: "You're 94 years old! And trust me...you're still far more alert and knowledgeable than most of the young people in their 20s and 30s out there!"

My mom is VERY stubborn and when I try to help with certain things she yellllllls. So, I do the things I can, and then the rest of the time I'm in my room, here.

I realized that I haven't had a real (and I mean an "in person" and WANTED one by both "parties") conversation with a family member or friend for years.

I know I've isolated and retreated, but there are no other options, while staying here. It was and is self-survival.

I looked at the calendar and it's filled...with doctors appointments for my parents. Some just routine. Sigh. And all an hour or more away.

Time to catch up on reading posts, and I will be posting to our wonderful @JewelryQueen and she knows why!
🌿🌹🧴 🌹🌿 🍋 🧴 🍋 🌿 🍊🧴🍊 🌿

I won some beautiful items for very low prices on the RA, but every single time I try to pay, I get kicked off the site and have to re-login.

I have now realized that I am a child who grew up, was an adult for awhile, then got hit over and over in the face with life, and then finally got "hit" too much, so regressed backwards.
🍼

Signed,

💖 🍋🌿🍊🌹👶🏻🌹🍊🌿🍋 💖
I totally understand. My calendar is filled with appointments but for my adult children who don't drive. I've regressed and isolated because I feel like when people ask what's going on or how is everyone, do they REALLY want me to tell them? It's the same old same old just a different day. So, I don't tell anyone anymore. My parents don't live with me but my mom's memory is bad. She forgets things she told me. I know it really bothers her.
So, just know we understand. Isolating is probably a form of coping but I've been told it's not good for me. Do I listen? No, not so far. Love you! Hang in there!
Ps- I don't believe in mammograms either.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈
....is here!

😠

😤

🌿🌹🧴 🌹🌿 🍋 🧴 🍋 🌿 🍊🧴🍊 🌿

🍼

Signed,

💖 🍋🌿🍊🌹👶🏻🌹🍊🌿🍋 💖
I totally understand. My calendar is filled with appointments but for my adult children who don't drive. I've regressed and isolated because I feel like when people ask what's going on or how is everyone, do they REALLY want me to tell them? It's the same old same old just a different day. So, I don't tell anyone anymore. My parents don't live with me but my mom's memory is bad. She forgets things she told me. I know it really bothers her.
So, just know we understand. Isolating is probably a form of coping but I've been told it's not good for me. Do I listen? No, not so far. Love you! Hang in there!
Ps- I don't believe in mammograms either.
I truly get it 🥺 I've been there. And when I did try to talk to family and friends the subject got changed so fast because they always had far greater issues than me. So I just started saying "I'm fine" 🥺 still do
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Hey Catt!!!! I'm glad and many other's will be happy that you
popped in. Please do not beat yerself up! There must be a
plan for you to be where you are needed most!

Just stuff a turkey and throw it in the oven with all
the fixin's, next month! :lol: ;)
5 x

Catticus

@Gemsnob
@Gypsy

YESSSSSS! That's it exactly!

It is said isolating isn't "healthy", but is getting criticized and put down HEALTHIER?!?

Er.....NO?

Also, I DO NOT WANT A "BOOB SANDWICH!" AKA "Mammogram."
🥪

I don't want my boobs smashed in a pressing machine like what happened to the silver metal skeleton of The Terminator.

And...this past Monday with my sis here? I never got to finish even one sentence.

So why bother.
😶

God Bless You All FOR UNDERSTANDING!
4 x

Catticus

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Hey Catt!!!! I'm glad and many other's will be happy that you
popped in. Please do not beat yerself up! There must be a
plan for you to be where you are needed most!

Just stuff a turkey and throw it in the oven with all
the fixin's, next month! :lol: ;)
😂🦃

That night when my parents had gone to bed, I stuck my head in their room and said: "So, do you want me to decorate the Christmas Tree now, while you're in bed?"
🤭😏😙😚
5 x