OSOTT?

William

Re: OSOTT?

Post by William » 4 years ago

OSOTT

I am So Sorry for the difficult time that you must endure. Know that you are an Angel for your Mom and you WILL be blessed for being such a wonderful and honorable Daughter !!! I hope that you are able to take care of yourself also because that will help you in the strength that you need to take care of your Mom. I am praying for you, I wish you peace and calm. I helped to take care of my Mom and it is a difficult situation. Try and find things --- even small things --- through the day that might be able to bring you a smile ---or even a laugh --- Perhaps some of Jewelry Queen's previously posted funny stories.

Also --- to all of you --- I am so sorry for some of the situations that you all are dealing with --- You all seem VERY STRONG and you all MUST be to be able to deal with it all and keep going ! And that is GREAT ! Keep going forward --- there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel --- even if the tunnel is very long! And --- some of the terrible things you all have had to deal with in the past -- So Sorry that you all had to endure those terrible situations! I am lucky - as a man there are many things that I do not have to put up with or experience and as a woman you are all supposed to be exposed to awful things --- and put up with it --or "accept" it --- "it is just the way things are " is NOT an acceptable answer -- Criminal action is criminal and some people have NO conscience, and certainly NO compassion.

William
7 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Sweet William,

I see you as a beautiful flower I plant each spring, a flower that comes in many beautiful colors and varieties; one that is strong even in heat and drought, it does well. A hardy flower that I enjoy for months....it seems that it fits you as you are charming, pleasing but yet strong and can take the hard knocks. Sweet William. <3 Thank you for your kindness, love and especially your prayers. It's a gift and I don't take it lightly...thank you.

Sweet RS,

Thank you for saying that I am a blessing - but really it's you who come here with such energy, a positive force, a strong lady who fights for her rights and others rights. A friend to all. I'm blessed to have you in my life as well.

To all, thank you.

I came here to share something different that happened tonight - 12:15 of all times.... I had a box delivered at my front door this afternoon and I completely forgot about it so when I went to get just now - I remembered what I ordered and I'm so pleased. On HSN, they have cleansing wipes in many different fragrances and I bought three and will buy more after I finish this post. It's called Beekman 1802 and I got the Ylang Ylang & Tuberrose that is heaven on Earth - so lovely and uplifting with a sweet rose smell. The other two I bought is Honeyed grapefruit, and it has a sparkling bittersweet grapefruit fragrance that has a clean and powdery fragrance....<<<my third best. My second best is Apricot & honey tea and it's really nice and clean with a citrus fragrance that makes you want to breath it in over and over. I wanted to try these to bath mom and have her feeling fresh, clean and pretty. These do the trick for sure as the fragrance isn't bashful. I've already washed mom's face, neck, arms and hands, and she was happy with it and giggled - she said I tickled her.

Check out the other scents too and the wipes were cheap! So the day has ended well. Good night!
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Sweet William,

I see you as a beautiful flower I plant each spring, a flower that comes in many beautiful colors and varieties; one that is strong even in heat and drought, it does well. A hardy flower that I enjoy for months....it seems that it fits you as you are charming, pleasing but yet strong and can take the hard knocks. Sweet William. <3 Thank you for your kindness, love and especially your prayers. It's a gift and I don't take it lightly...thank you.

Sweet RS,

Thank you for saying that I am a blessing - but really it's you who come here with such energy, a positive force, a strong lady who fights for her rights and others rights. A friend to all. I'm blessed to have you in my life as well.

To all, thank you.

I came here to share something different that happened tonight - 12:15 of all times.... I had a box delivered at my front door this afternoon and I completely forgot about it so when I went to get just now - I remembered what I ordered and I'm so pleased. On HSN, they have cleansing wipes in many different fragrances and I bought three and will buy more after I finish this post. It's called Beekman 1802 and I got the Ylang Ylang & Tuberrose that is heaven on Earth - so lovely and uplifting with a sweet rose smell. The other two I bought is Honeyed grapefruit, and it has a sparkling bittersweet grapefruit fragrance that has a clean and powdery fragrance....<<<my third best. My second best is Apricot & honey tea and it's really nice and clean with a citrus fragrance that makes you want to breath it in over and over. I wanted to try these to bath mom and have her feeling fresh, clean and pretty. These do the trick for sure as the fragrance isn't bashful. I've already washed mom's face, neck, arms and hands, and she was happy with it and giggled - she said I tickled her.

Check out the other scents too and the wipes were cheap! So the day has ended well. Good night!
OSOTT,
So glad things have calmed down & you & she are enjoying the wipes, sounds like a sweet bonding time spent together. A happy ending☺
Sweet dreams wished for you both💤⭐💤
5 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

I don't know you, but hang in there. There's a lot of us who have been where you are, myself included, and all you can do is be there for your mom. My mom was dying of cancer (uterine, pancreatic, intestinal) in another state. I was told she had 3 days to live. I was estranged from my family because of their religious beliefs (mine wasn't theirs so I was trash) Even though I had a job I loved, my own place and was on the road to sobriety, I still wasn't good enough. I dropped everything, took a bus to the Midwest, and prepared myself for her to be gone when I got there. Well, it was true, she was dying of cancer. They had her at home, she was bedridden, on morphine. She ended up living for two more months, the last week in a coma. I was grateful for the time I got to spend with her. Most of that time she spent asking where her grandchildren were, or my brother or sister . After I showed up, they disappeared. Their excuses were that they had jobs and kids and responsibilities so they didn't have time to come by. I was single and I living in California, doing who knows what kind of heathen things. And they didn't want the kids to see Nana that way. Found out they knew she had longer to live than I was told but didn't want to hire a nurse when "I wasn't doing anything anyway". So, I learned how to change a catheter, administer meds, and just be there, 24 hours a day. The last week was the hardest. Always listening. Was that it? The last breath? And then movement. It can make you crazy. But, like I said, I'll never forget our last two months together, getting to know mom as an adult, like a friend. I did end up losing my job and my house, but the boy I left behind waited for me. We've now been married 40 years! No kids,but have rescued enough dogs and cats to fill a shelter. So, I believe God has a plan for us all. And the prayers we give and receive make the journey a bit easier. So, even though I don't know you in person, I will know you in my prayers. Oh, and as for my 'family'? Siblings are both divorced, broke, and kids want nothing to do with them. Karma is a wonderful *!
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Dear friends,

I know I have work to do with myself. I've always leaned on God to get me through hel-l and actually this is not the most hellish situation I've lived through - that was when my husband and I got his terminal diagnosis, his treatment, then his death. <<<<< that was pure he-ll. But he was "my husband" so I felt no resentment toward anyone when some disappeared when things got bad. It was a little weird when a few of his family and friends disappeared (I guess it was too much for them) but I didn't care. But what I don't understand is how my brother and sister could treat their mother this way when she hasn't done anything to deserve this from her children - she was never a bad mom. ever.

Forgiveness is the ONLY answer, I know this, in my heart of hearts, I know this. I will get there and I should do it quicker than later because the energy it takes to be mad is draining and I need the energy to focus on mom. <<<< Truth. good advice Gemsnob

I'm truly better than four hours ago when I first posted. Maybe the confession of this whole situation - and your thoughts and prayers for us. It's working.

Let me state what went right today just to be grateful/thankful to Him.

1) I woke up.
2) Mom woke up
3) Mom ate a good breakfast
4) Mom laughed
5) Mom didn't have an accident
6) I loved on my cats and they loved on me
7) I showered
8) I had enough milk
9) I had enough clothes detergent
10) Nurses didn't come today (ugh)
11) Mom told me she loves me
12) I napped
13) I have you guys to talk to
14) I have friends (you) who said prayers for us
15) I feel better than I did when I woke up

Let me say that all of you are so kind and loving to respond to me with such care and given me dignity about this. I truly thank you for your advice and understanding...mercy actually. I'm grateful. <3
OSOTT, You are a WONDERFUL person. Reread the things you found to be happy about. And there is no doubt that you are a WONDERFUL daughter not just because you take care of your mom but because you show her everyday how much she means to you and how much she is loved. Caring for a loved one who is terminally ill is difficult on the best of days and drains the soul like nothing else can. I know🥺 but I also have come to know what a beautiful and strong woman you are. Please give your mom a (((HUG))) from me . And my prayers are not only for your moms well being but for yours as well. Please give yourself a break without feeling guilty. You are a special friend and I hate what you are going through
Prayers and (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) -GYPSY 💜💞
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@OSOTT

I want you to always remember that just as we hurt with you when you are down, we also celebrate with you in the in the the joyful things that happen-- no matter how big or small! We are in this thing called life, and together, because God called us to be there for each other. You truly are never alone and no one is ever really gone as long as at least one person remembers them. May blessings and peace shower down on you and your mom.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@OSOTT
I COULD WRITE A BOOK ON ALL THE THINGS I’M FEELING FOR YOU RIGHT NOW.
More then anything, I am angry that you have no family support, at this very difficult time.
I remember with my own Mom — the PAIN was just too much to bear. All my medical training couldn't MAKE HER STAY WITH ME —Gods “messenger” kept TUGGING at her to hurry up and come with him.
I needed my siblings strength to help me fight the “messenger” from taking her, so she can stay with me JUST a little longer. They were there IN THE ROOM but gave me no help TUGGING.
My Brother signed the DNR. THE MESSENGER WON😰
Now that my parents were gone, I didn’t want to lose my siblings too. I know that happens when parents die and everyone thinks the sibling is getting more money then they are getting.
My dad always told me that whatever is meant to be mine- will be. So I let them duke it out. I JUST WANTED MY MOM 😩
OSOTT- I said a few prayers for you— May GOD help you get through these trying times ❤️🥰
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I hope none of you ever have to make that decision for your child🥺💔🥺💔🥺💔🥺💔🥺💔

That was the most difficult decision I've ever made
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago