OSOTT?

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: OSOTT?

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Dear Friends,

I'm sitting in bed with my first cup of coffee. Checked on mom and she was sound asleep so I have a few sweet minutes before I start my day with her IV infusion in one hour. Nurses are coming today and that is good I guess but to be honest I'm tired of them. They kinda upset mom and now they just seem like they don't "care" it's just a job, you know? I'll try to change my attitude and be grateful for the extra eyes on mom. I wonder if I will have the courage to ask them out of the room, if mom should be put on hospice.

I'm having groceries delivered this afternoon - and from them - I'm baking fish (something mom can eat as its soft) and I make a good baked fish and it's easy and fast. Rice and fresh steamed asparagus. I love when I have a meal plan. I also have a few bills to attend to. Oh and propane is being delivered today too. My stove is gas/electric - and I've never run out of gas but I did yesterday! I was confused when it wouldn't come on - lol - then I read the meter on the tank and yep, flat empty. My husband would be so disgusted with me. lol. So, $400 to fill it up. I wonder if I should ask my sister to pay for it? LOL! I'm kidding.

@William

Thank you for posting to me. When I described you as a flower, now it sounds kinda weird but at the time it made sense to "me" lol - the name of the flower I always plant is called "Sweet William" - so when I was reading your beautiful post, I was thinking, "Sweet William" for your kindness toward me and your prayers. I hope you don't mind - as in my mind, it was a compliment as it's one of my most favorite flowers - steadfast. I WILL do my best to find the "small things" to enjoy today as you suggested. I will make the effort to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

@Sam

Thank you for your heart to take the time to post to me - it's very touching and I'm grateful for you sharing your experience as I related to your experience. I too feel "duped" in a way by my brother and sister. Although I was happy to take mama in to care for her five years ago when she was still able to go shopping, play in the flower garden, we would go out to eat, - I now see it as the "opportunity" for my brother and sister to make this happen as they were leading the way to have her move in with me. My husband just passed so they suggested mom to move in - and mom really didn't need to live alone. My brother lived 30 minutes away from her so it would have been on him more to check on her. I lived 350 miles away. My brother paid for the move lol. Barely have seen him since.

I'm glad to have her in this time, like you, as it's a bonding we have like never before. I don't have children either - and my husband and I have also adopted so many animals of the years, and fostered animals, because they were our "children" and our way to help animals. I have four cats left from a litter we rescued from infants - they will turn 14 in June. I love my mom and I often think - this is what real Mom's do when they have babies, right? Take care of their babies 24/7 - so I need to buck up. But it is slightly different I imagine.

Karma is funny if you are on the right side of it and it's amusing when you see it in action on people that not so nice. I've seen it work - then I sometimes wonder if I'm paying the price of karma - I have searched for every sin and bad deed I've ever done and asked Jesus to forgive me over it. I confess my sins, and I ask if by some miracle, Jesus would set things right for my wrongs I've done. Idk. Maybe things will be okay. I have a lot of work in front of me.

@Gypsy @Blossom @RS @JewelryQueen @Gemsnob @honey @Vicky @Angelflutter @What-a-gem @Ginger @Hot4TENER @William @Sam

I wish I could convey with words how much your posts, prayers, wishes for mom and I means to me. It's put me on a better path than the one I was on. My discussion with my sister sent me into a downward spiral - and I was gasping for air - and when I saw this thread made (thank you @Blossom - I unraveled my world to you. I know it was divine intervention (it has to be) as it lifted the burden I was feeling so heavy on my shoulders - then your replies to me - validating me - giving me encouragement and prayers and LOVE <<<< love I so much needed. Love I didn't get from my own sister on that horrible phone call. You gave me love....and love is the key to everything. I've learned so much just from you. If YOU can take the time and CARE enough about me, a stranger, and give me PRAYERS, then THAT is the wind in my sail I need to continue on... you guys and gals are the wind in my sail. I love each of you - I'm praying for YOU as well. With all my heart, please know I will be thinking of you today and I "feel" you cheering me on. I love you all. (((hugs))) <<<I wish I could hug you all in person. <3 I wish you all a very very good day and that all things go the way you want it to go..

@Gypsy - I went to submit my post and it stopped me so I read your latest post. You are dear to me and I'm beside you in spirit and in my heart. I'm sending you a big warm long hug....and prayers to you, my friend. <3
9 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Good morning my dear friend🥰

Thank you for taking your precious quiet time to post to everyone. I am so glad your mom enjoyed the Beekmans wipes. They have wonderful products. Maybe some time you will be able to try some others, for mom as well as yourself.

Please remember as far as the nurses go...yes...it is their job. And as such you have every RIGHT to ask them to leave the room. And in fact, you must think of Mom. If Mom is uncomfortable by them at any given moment, they must retreat. Be strong!

I’ve had to learn to be this way, with hubby gone for all those years and me at home with kiddos (one now passed and one disabled, and my girl...well...handful of joy). But even when I didn’t feel strong, even now sometimes...I BS my way through it. Yep! Put on that mask and do your best. Pretty soon you will be able to whip that persona out of your pocket when needed!

I hope the rest of your days goes as well as the morning has so far...❤️🥰❤️🥰
3 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

:lol: But you had enough milk and laundry detergent ? SCORE !!!!! :lol: :lol:
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

RS

I thoughts OSOTT was wanting to leave the room with the nurse so as not to distress mom with discussion of hospice, but I'm not sure.

Spot on advice about the persona.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

I thoughts OSOTT was wanting to leave the room with the nurse so as not to distress mom with discussion of hospice, but I'm not sure.

Yes, JQ, I was unclear and needed a coma or better sentence structure to make myself clear. I meant, once the nurse walks out of mom's room, or I will ask her to walk out of her room, so that I can ask her if it's time mom is on hospice. I would never want to ask that in front of mom. I can see easily how it was misunderstood my RS as it was poorly written.....

I have a real estate question for you JQ but I will wait to ask you when I can wrap my head around it and after Blossom gets sorted out. Love you.
4 x

JewelryQueen

OSOTT

Anytime my friend. Anytime.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
RS

Yes, JQ, I was unclear and needed a coma or better sentence structure to make myself clear. I meant, once the nurse walks out of mom's room, or I will ask her to walk out of her room, so that I can ask her if it's time mom is on hospice. I would never want to ask that in front of mom. I can see easily how it was misunderstood my RS as it was poorly written.....

I have a real estate question for you JQ but I will wait to ask you when I can wrap my head around it and after Blossom gets sorted out. Love you.
OSOTT,
How kind & sweet of you! JQ's so sweet to help us all with whatever we may need!! I may change her forum name to WonderWoman!

I hope you & your mom are having a good day🙏
3 x

JewelryQueen

Blossom

I think a naturopath, herbalsit, wannabe author, escrow person who also makes the best lotion on earth is a REALLY ODD combo. What would you even call that? Strange lady?

But thanks for the kudo as my self esteem is sometimes in the toilet.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom

I think a naturopath, herbalsit, wannabe author, escrow person who also makes the best lotion on earth is a REALLY ODD combo. What would you even call that? Strange lady?

But thanks for the kudo as my self esteem is sometimes in the toilet.
I call you the "Keeper of the Flame."

At first because of the "Lamp Fiasco", but now for a whole lot of reasons!
😊

Your light never goes out, and you make sure to keep a watch on ours, too.

🌸🌺 🕯🌺🌸
5 x

William

Post by William » 4 years ago

OSOTT Oh Goodness-- No worries ---

I take it as a total compliment to be compared to one of God's Greatest creations ---

Thank You ---- Stay Strong !

William
3 x