Merrily Merrily still on a roll in Rising Auctions

CC

Merrily Merrily still on a roll in Rising Auctions

Post by CC » 4 years ago

How nuts is this. Merrily Merrily (I'm sure you know who this is if you have bid on auctions in the past) has these bids currently pending on Rising auction items, $356, $122, $499, $184, $399. Just check out purple diamond on RA. Also has other bids just to name a few on other stuff--$499, $359 (she/he could buy the almost exact same item, if not the exact one, on website for $135.99.) and so many more at same time. Do the math and add up the total dollar amount that will be paid if all these bids are winning bids..And we wonder, wel! not really, because this has been going on for a couple of years now, why we can't win anything of value on auctions. I don't begrudge anyone from being able to afford this , however, this has been relentless for a few years and it needs to come to a halt. He/she should give others a chance. But since many items are duplicates and in different sizes, I will assume these items are for resale, not personal, therefore that chance will never come unless Shoplc can come up with a way to put a stop to it. UNBELIEVABLE My opinion only.
6 x

D-Flawless

Re: Merrily Merrily still on a roll in Rising Auctions

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
How nuts is this. Merrily Merrily (I'm sure you know who this is if you have bid on auctions in the past) has these bids currently pending on Rising auction items, $356, $122, $499, $184, $399. Just check out purple diamond on RA. Also has other bids just to name a few on other stuff--$499, $359 (she/he could buy the almost exact same item, if not the exact one, on website for $135.99.) and so many more at same time. Do the math and add up the total dollar amount that will be paid if all these bids are winning bids..And we wonder, wel! not really, because this has been going on for a couple of years now, why we can't win anything of value on auctions. I don't begrudge anyone from being able to afford this , however, this has been relentless for a few years and it needs to come to a halt. He/she should give others a chance. But since many items are duplicates and in different sizes, I will assume these items are for resale, not personal, therefore that chance will never come unless Shoplc can come up with a way to put a stop to it. UNBELIEVABLE My opinion only.
Yessssss....we’ve all been complaining about Merilee and the likes of her for years now! She is a reseller and ShopLC encourages resellers. She bids on everything worth buying and then sits back and most likely only actually buys the items she wins at low prices...and I have seen her win many pieces at excellent prices! It’s a numbers game...the more pieces you bid on the more you will win and not all will have someone else bidding it up against you to the outrageous maximum price she had chosen! Since we don’t have to actually purchase what we win it’s a double edged sword! Bad for people who don’t abuse the system and good for people like Merilee (and there’s many others now too!) who are greedy and rude and there’s no one to stop them! Until ShopLC changes the rules and makes the RA like eBay where you have to buy what you win, nothing can or will change. PERIOD! Sad but true! I used to get incredible deals on the RA, now they are few and far between!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I think an OCCASIONAL boo-boo should be permitted. My fingers stumbled once and I put in a bid for $119 that should have been $19. I wouldn't want to be forced to pay that! Like (max) one oops bid a month.
3 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I think an OCCASIONAL boo-boo should be permitted. My fingers stumbled once and I put in a bid for $119 that should have been $19. I wouldn't want to be forced to pay that! Like (max) one oops bid a month.
Of course! In fact I love the way the RA is set up and don’t really want it to change....I just want it back to the “old days” before all the greedy resellers were on it. And not to dis ALL resellers....just the Merilee’s of the world...the ones who abuse the system. Unfortunately there will always be a “Merilee” or two or three or ten in the bunch! 😫 Such is life!
3 x