Anyone For A Nosy Update?

Catticus

Anyone For A Nosy Update?

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Well... I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get on here!

I had to call and cancel the procedure!

My mother has gone through all the pre-surgery hoops...

AND THIS WILL BE THE THIRD TIME IT HAS BEEN CANCELED!

This time it wasn't them not having all her info. It's because she's almost incontinent...but not completely.

I got up at 2:00am and later heard them moving around. Then I heard my mom (my "Bionic Ears") telling my father she had bad diarrhea and so...to cancel.

My nose had already told me.
πŸ‘ƒπŸΌ

I couldn't reach anyone but answering services at that time (around 3:00am) so I left messages, and called my sister who said a word that I had also said, and that my mom did, too...

The Secret Password Is: The word for the very reason for having to cancel. It starts with S!
πŸ’©

Good thing I got ahold of my sis. They were almost on their way here. Four hour drive.

My mom called later and spoke with staff at the doctor's office who would be performing the procedure and they said they would reschedule it.

The thing is, they need to do it before 30 days pass or it's back to her Cardiologist, her Endocrinologist, and them again for pre-op. It is this that makes it sooooo exhausting for them. If this was all nearby, it would not be NEARLY as bad.

This isn't the doctors offices fault, but it was the last two times! It took each office so long to communicate with each other that it meant an hour drive there and an hour drive back each visit IN BETWEEN her other doctor visits AND MY DAD'S! I just don't understand! This is the Internet Age!

Their doctors USED to be here in town but as they aged they got to where they themselves couldn't take the commutes so most left and only see patients in their offices in the larger cities below us.

My sis said "Well...guess I'll go back to bed!" Because she had to reschedule all her clients to get today off.
She said "Are they going back to bed?"
I said "No! I smell...TOAST!"

The smell of toast in our house is an everyday event. So if one smells it, that means everything is "as usual."

I said "That means they're not rescheduling for today (which I knew wouldn't happen) so don't ask me WHY they aren't going back to bed! It's still dark!"

Sigh. If worse comes to worse (the pump has an extra amount in it in case this kind of thing happens - a sort of "reserve tank" like gas tanks have) they can and will give her her dosage in pill form to tide her over for the pain because it is that bad without a strong medication. She usually can't tolerate them orally or even a shot. She throws up. But I do remember them giving her some pills that she was able to take when her pain pump got dislodged after a fall, until they could adjust the spout thingamajig.

Please pray that it doesn't reach that point! It's not my mom's fault. But she feels bad.

My mom is so funny. She was slowwwwwly gooooiiiing dowwwwwnnnn the hallllllll tooooo herrrrr bathroooommm, and as she passed me is when she said that word.

She said: "Well, ****." It was even funnier because she's 94, and she said it without any strong emotion.

Like "Well, hmmmm."
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Last time many of you said something I have always agreed with but I didn't reply at the time, because of so much going on here. That God works things out. It's HIS timing, and it's possible that the procedure would have not gone right.

Also, it could be that someone else had certain issues that were going to be needing a longer time slot. Someone may have needed their pain pump replaced due to an emergency fall. Who knows? We won't always know or see the reason.

The pump is working well. She's not going to run out of "gas."

Well...THAT'S FOR SURE!
πŸ˜‚πŸ’©πŸ€£

It's a small dose sprayed onto a certain section of her spine and is on a timer.

I told my sister (I can say things like this to her and she "gets it") "And if for whatEVER reason she can't get the pills, I'LL FIND IT ON THE STREET! (Yes, the pain IS that bad. NO, I would not really do this) AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL HAVE "F" IN IT! THEN WE CAN ALL SIT IN A CIRCLE, GIVE IT TO OUR PETS FIRST, PRAY TOGETHER, AND THEN PUT IT IN COCA COLA AND DRINK IT!!!! Then we won't have to worry about them, or what our own future health issues will be like!"
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Please! HAVE MERCY! You have to realize! I had horrible crazy nonsensical TERRIFYING nightmares allllllll night and got up at 2am!

I'm allowed some insanity, aren't I?!? 😳

Anyway, she's doing better and hopefully, can get in before 30 days.

Well, people say it. It's true...

**** HAPPENS.

SOMETIMES LITERALLY.
πŸ˜‚πŸ’©πŸ€£

Thank You Thank You Thank You for all of your kind words, your thoughts and your prayers!

Please, could I ask that you pray she can get it done soon without having to go through all the doctor visits AGAIN?

Bless You!

JewelryQueen...your lotions have another WONDERFUL use! Their scents work wonders! Especially when placed under one's nostrils!
🀭

πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸš½πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š
7 x

RS

Re: Anyone For A Nosy Update?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oh dear Cat❀️❀️❀️

Well...okay. Chalk this up to divine intervention. Glad to know that things can be managed...at least for now.

You all deserve some rest...πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
6 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Yes Cat. Sleep well 2nite and save your energy for a new day!
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Well... I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get on here!

I had to call and cancel the procedure!

My mother has gone through all the pre-surgery hoops...

AND THIS WILL BE THE THIRD TIME IT HAS BEEN CANCELED!

This time it wasn't them not having all her info. It's because she's almost incontinent...but not completely.

I got up at 2:00am and later heard them moving around. Then I heard my mom (my "Bionic Ears") telling my father she had bad diarrhea and so...to cancel.

My nose had already told me.
πŸ‘ƒπŸΌ

I couldn't reach anyone but answering services at that time (around 3:00am) so I left messages, and called my sister who said a word that I had also said, and that my mom did, too...

The Secret Password Is: The word for the very reason for having to cancel. It starts with S!
πŸ’©

Good thing I got ahold of my sis. They were almost on their way here. Four hour drive.

My mom called later and spoke with staff at the doctor's office who would be performing the procedure and they said they would reschedule it.

The thing is, they need to do it before 30 days pass or it's back to her Cardiologist, her Endocrinologist, and them again for pre-op. It is this that makes it sooooo exhausting for them. If this was all nearby, it would not be NEARLY as bad.

This isn't the doctors offices fault, but it was the last two times! It took each office so long to communicate with each other that it meant an hour drive there and an hour drive back each visit IN BETWEEN her other doctor visits AND MY DAD'S! I just don't understand! This is the Internet Age!

Their doctors USED to be here in town but as they aged they got to where they themselves couldn't take the commutes so most left and only see patients in their offices in the larger cities below us.

My sis said "Well...guess I'll go back to bed!" Because she had to reschedule all her clients to get today off.
She said "Are they going back to bed?"
I said "No! I smell...TOAST!"

The smell of toast in our house is an everyday event. So if one smells it, that means everything is "as usual."

I said "That means they're not rescheduling for today (which I knew wouldn't happen) so don't ask me WHY they aren't going back to bed! It's still dark!"

Sigh. If worse comes to worse (the pump has an extra amount in it in case this kind of thing happens - a sort of "reserve tank" like gas tanks have) they can and will give her her dosage in pill form to tide her over for the pain because it is that bad without a strong medication. She usually can't tolerate them orally or even a shot. She throws up. But I do remember them giving her some pills that she was able to take when her pain pump got dislodged after a fall, until they could adjust the spout thingamajig.

Please pray that it doesn't reach that point! It's not my mom's fault. But she feels bad.

My mom is so funny. She was slowwwwwly gooooiiiing dowwwwwnnnn the hallllllll tooooo herrrrr bathroooommm, and as she passed me is when she said that word.

She said: "Well, ****." It was even funnier because she's 94, and she said it without any strong emotion.

Like "Well, hmmmm."
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Last time many of you said something I have always agreed with but I didn't reply at the time, because of so much going on here. That God works things out. It's HIS timing, and it's possible that the procedure would have not gone right.

Also, it could be that someone else had certain issues that were going to be needing a longer time slot. Someone may have needed their pain pump replaced due to an emergency fall. Who knows? We won't always know or see the reason.

The pump is working well. She's not going to run out of "gas."

Well...THAT'S FOR SURE!
πŸ˜‚πŸ’©πŸ€£

It's a small dose sprayed onto a certain section of her spine and is on a timer.

I told my sister (I can say things like this to her and she "gets it") "And if for whatEVER reason she can't get the pills, I'LL FIND IT ON THE STREET! (Yes, the pain IS that bad. NO, I would not really do this) AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL HAVE "F" IN IT! THEN WE CAN ALL SIT IN A CIRCLE, GIVE IT TO OUR PETS FIRST, PRAY TOGETHER, AND THEN PUT IT IN COCA COLA AND DRINK IT!!!! Then we won't have to worry about them, or what our own future health issues will be like!"
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Please! HAVE MERCY! You have to realize! I had horrible crazy nonsensical TERRIFYING nightmares allllllll night and got up at 2am!

I'm allowed some insanity, aren't I?!? 😳

Anyway, she's doing better and hopefully, can get in before 30 days.

Well, people say it. It's true...

**** HAPPENS.

SOMETIMES LITERALLY.
πŸ˜‚πŸ’©πŸ€£

Thank You Thank You Thank You for all of your kind words, your thoughts and your prayers!

Please, could I ask that you pray she can get it done soon without having to go through all the doctor visits AGAIN?

Bless You!

JewelryQueen...your lotions have another WONDERFUL use! Their scents work wonders! Especially when placed under one's nostrils!
🀭

πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸš½πŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š
@Catticus

I'm sorry things didn't go as planned but like you & others have said, maybe there's a reason.

Your sense of humor has got to be your saving grace friend. You're right she can't help it, been there!

My prayers are with you & your family always. You must keep us updated on future appointments so we may say extra prayers too.

I know all the running you've done & will be doing is exhausting but don't be a stranger! Post when you feel up to it.πŸ™πŸ’žπŸ™
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Catticus
Still was quite the eventful day for you.
As the others have said, get some rest and post when you are able. (((HUGS))) 😻 - Gypsy
4 x

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 4 years ago

So sorry to hear about all the issues both your mother and you are dealing with.
I was a caregiver for my mother and mother-in-law . It is not easy.
We eventually had to admit them to a nursing facility , but to ensure they got the care they needed ,I was with them daily . I may not have not have had to do some of things I previously did , but they were done and done right.
If at all possible whenever a loved one has to be on a nursing center , if at all possible make sure someone comes daily and at different times. The ones who have family get the best care , which is sad.
I admire you for doing your best to make sure they remain home.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Catticus, I so relate to cancelling MANY important appointments and yes, surgery, for my mom for the exact same reason. The nerves leading up to it, I think, is the reason. I'm almost relieved (almost but not) to hear it happens to others. I bet people cancel at the last minute all the time!

When it happens, I think of it as a sign that it was not supposed to be that day. It will happen when it happens. Like the other! :shock:

Glad all is well. <3
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

It'll be okay Catt. It's with your assurance that your
mom can still manage the pain meds, and hopefully
be rescheduled soon, is certainly what I and the
others here will be keeping in prayer.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

God works in mysterious ways. I will continue to pray. I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.
4 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

@Catticus. Sorry to hear about what transpired today. I Wil keep you in my prayers. This might be the perfect thread to give this little tidbit. Some of you may already know this... some may not. After incontinence, when you wash " down there" add a little cheap shaving cream onto your washrag with soap on it. The shaving cream takes away the smell and moiturizes the skin. It's especially helpful when you have someone that goes a lot. Helos prevent chaffing. Of course, rinse well. I used this little trick when I was a CNA in the nursing homes many years ago.
2 x