Coffees on ☕☕☕☕☕

Blossom

Re: Coffees on ☕☕☕☕☕

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
G’morning my friends...

Up late, up early.

Remember my daughters friend Jordan. She was admitted to Stanford last night.

She needs a new heart. 🥺😩💔

This morning, she had a stroke.

This lovely girl is 21 and needs prayers please.

Daughter is planning to come here and she and I going to drive down and see her.

I don’t know if today or tomorrow. Daughter is currently at work and called me bawling about Jordan’s stroke.

We were already up late last night when she was admitted.

That’s all I got for now my friends...❤️ Right now I am kind of on “standby”.

I hope all of you have wonderful days this weekend.
@RS

So heartbreaking. I can tell how much your family cares for her & can't imagine what her mom is going through. With love, the grace of God & many prayers, she will make a full recovery. So much life yet to live. So sad about her dad. Very difficult time for all of you.🙏💞🙏
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Morning all! Just after 7 at (Sissys) and been up since 6. One of the neighbors has been revving his car for over an hour. Must be an American made car as rice burners don't growl like that. It's raining here. If I ever forget to say the weather just assume it's raining here.

Blossom, your sale is progressing. YAY!

OSOTT, if you are wanting to keep mom safe from any virus, you need to put the mask on the sick person. The mask acts as a physical barrier to keep the water droplets that carry the virus, and are expelled by the sick person when they cough or sneeze, from being airborne. No paper "surgical" mask is going to be fine enough to keep out something as small as a virus. When doctors wear them in the operating room they are not worried the patient will make them sick, rather their concern is that they will make the patient sick at a possibly vulnerable time due to a suppressed immune system.
I didn't clarify. I was specifically looking for N95's particle mask CDC approved and NIOSH certified which are a significant better masks that protect from 2.9-3 micron particles - fluid resistant. Not a paper mask. I heard yesterday at the Corona Virus presser that it should be worn by the person sick - but I still would feel better if she wore a mask if in public. I went ahead and bought a few for her and just paid the higher price. Normally a N95 by 3M would cost maybe $8.99 - now you can't find them but on ebay and they are 10x's that now. I don't see mom going to her appointment Monday after next though because she is so weak. I'm going to leave message with the doctor about it. BUT, he may want to see her. Being in a hospital is NOT ideal for her either.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

If anyone IS looking for masks, you need the N95 up to N100, NIOSH certified, CDC approved for protection against flu and viruses. I've bought these before. Surgical paper masks have never considered as protection from flu virus.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@OSOTT

Right you are. The masks you are recommending are vastly superior to the common ones. Also correct in that the plain paper ones will not protect anyone from the flu or cold virus. If the infected person wears them they are a barrier for the fluid causing the virus to be airborne. Basically if they held a piece of paper in front of their mouths it would do the same thing. Also the sick person should not reuse the mask. They are only good for one wear.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Yep, they are disposable. I've learned a lot since mom has been in isolation a few times in the hospital and every single person that comes in her room had to put on new masks, and lab coast, and on their shoes etc. It's a pain.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

@RS I have never stopped praying about for the little girl (20 is still a little girl in my eyes) and her papa. I will continue to pray. I'm so sorry to hear the news. <3
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@ RS I am so sorry about Jordan, she is so young to have to deal with this, I will keep her in my prayers. I had this happen with my best friend over the summer. It is so hard to watch someone you love be so sick.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@RS

So devastated to hear the news about Jordan. It is a shame that a person so young has to go through this. Fortunately her youth is in her favor not only from recovering from the stroke but with the heart transplant too. A good support system is very valuable as well. Hopefully her spirit can overcome the blow of the bad news about her father.

Prayers will definitely be offered up from me. Good thing I'm trying to go to bed earlier as my commitment in that area is now about an hour nightly. I also try to do morning prayers for those really in need of an impassioned plea to God.

I should get Sissy on board with this as I think she might have more pull with the man upstairs than I.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@RS

SOOOO devastating! 🥺

I WIlL DEFINITELY BE PRAYING! 🙏🏼
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago