Coronavirus and gold prices

Gem Lover

Coronavirus and gold prices

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I just got an update on my phone that the state of Washington has declared an emergency because of the virus, it is in a nursing home there and one of the healthcare workers has it and one of the patients, there is also has been a death of someone who has not been to that nursing home. I am wondering if the reason they are having the big gold smackdown right now is because gold prices have been plummeting. maybe they're trying to get rid of as much gold items as they can before they can't get their money back out of them.
3 x

Blossom

Re: Coronavirus and gold prices

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

That's not good. I'm concerned it will spread country wide.

Gold Smackdown theory?...you just may be on to something. After all, it is their very first one. Hmmm
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I just got an update on my phone that the state of Washington has declared an emergency because of the virus, it is in a nursing home there and one of the healthcare workers has it and one of the patients, there is also has been a death of someone who has not been to that nursing home. I am wondering if the reason they are having the big gold smackdown right now is because gold prices have been plummeting. maybe they're trying to get rid of as much gold items as they can before they can't get their money back out of them.
@Gem Lover

I believe you're right.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Heck with gold! I live in the state of Washington and the quarantine facility is in my little itsy bitsy town! I f I were thirty I wouldn't worry but I'm not, and have had a compromised immune system due to my cancer. Oh goody!
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Heck with gold! I live in the state of Washington and the quarantine facility is in my little itsy bitsy town! I f I were thirty I wouldn't worry but I'm not, and have had a compromised immune system due to my cancer. Oh goody!
@JewelryQueen
PLEASE take all the proper precautions for both you & Sissy. 😷😷😷 - Gypsy
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Gypsy and Rolltide

Oh you better believe it! I will take all the precautions I am able to. I'm supposed to have a nurse practitioner come to my home Tuesday for a check-up and I'm thinking seriously of canceling as health care workers at this time have a better than average chance of being exposed.

Otherwise neither Sissy nor I get out of the house very often. Right now she is on antibiotics for an infection in her foot and she did something to her ankle and is wearing a boot and using a cane so we won't be galavanting around too much anyway.

I NEED to go to the grocery store but it has always been my practice to use wipes on the handle, the "bed" of the cart, my hands, along with the bottom of my purse (even though it usually stays on my arm.)

Keep your fingers crossed for us both.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

🤞🤞🤞
Absolutely want everyone to be safe & healthy
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Jewelry Queen I think you have a legitimate concern about having a healthcare worker come into your home who knows who they see that could have the virus. I also have a compromised immune system because only half of my liver is working from the poisoning that I got from my ex but there hasn't been any cases in my state yet. I will be praying for you and sissy.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

My brother and his wife are nurses my brother is in ICU he said those masks won’t help but it’s the one the one lady mentioned the 9 to 5 I’m scared. So good morning ladies Lynette
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

One of my kids who is a PA got a letter from a virologist James Robb, telling the medical community about the virus and on how to protect oneself.
He claims that he has worked on the other 2 coronavirus outbreaks, but this is different.
He claims that this is from a snake, mostly attacks the lungs, mostly by large droplets that we touch on surfaces.
We wont get it from the air, unless someone coughs or sneezes on us.
He says: dont shake hands. Knuckles only. Open light switches with knuckles, dont lift gas handles at gas stations without using something. Dont open doors with hands. Try with hips. Sneeze or cough into a disposable tissue, not the clothes by your elbows, where the virus droplet might be.
Dont touch doorknobs without a tissue or gloves.
Wash hands with soap at least 30 seconds, or use alcohol based disinfectant.
Take along a disinfectant that has at least 60% alcohol. Wipe down any supermarket handles, train or bus areas you touch. Come home and have a disinfectant in the front room.
He says that as soon as you feel a cold coming on take Zinc losenges several times a day. Better taking it laying down. Helps to fight the virus.
If you wear a surgical mask its to prevent you transferring the virus from your hands, will not protect you from the virus, if coughed or sneezed on. He claims we touch our face, eyes, nose alot without knowing it and thats how we transfer the virus to our lungs.
He claims we will not have a vaccine in the next few months and we will have alot more people in America getting it in March and April. Most will be mild like a cold and will get over it, but it spreads easily. Lives on surfaces over 1 week. The people with compromised immune systems and over 55 are more vulnerable.
He doesnt mention anything about hoarding food
He says he stocked up on latex, nitrile gloves, lots of disposable masks to keep him from touching the face. 60% Alcohol based disinfectants. Zinc losenges to use several times a day for cold sxs, best laying down and letting it disolve on back of throat.
I wish I could have attached his letter. I tried to remember all he said.
I myself am trying to order the masks that have better protection then the disposable surgical masks.
I am really nervous since my kids do direct patient care.
God PROTECT US ALL from the EVIL the snake has sent our way☹️😷
5 x